“Love the free wifi but not the spa”

BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel
Ranked #22 of 237 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel located way out of the city center. Our tour operator chose this was because it hotel is very near to the highway toward Jaipur where we were heading the next morning.

The reception area was not big but there was a waiting area, bakery and restaurant located on the same floor.

Although I booked a single room but I was assigned to a queen-size bed room. The room was huge and clean with comfortable bed.

There is a flatscreen TV on the wall right in front of my queen bed. Underneath the TV was a working desk and chair. There was a dressing table and chair next to the working desk. A coffee table and a sofa chair was in the middle of the room. There was a closet and a luggage rack upon entrance. One can imagine how big was the room.

The clean bathroom equipped with enough amenities and a giant shower head. Although it was a modern design with the "no glass door between the shower and the toilet" but I don't think this is really practical as the floor was all wet after I took a shower.

I was planning to watch some satellite TV but unable to figured out how to turn to my favorite channel - I had no choose but called the housekeeping for help. No one ever turn up even though I had called them twice. I am not sure if I like the customer service of this hotel

The Spa located at the lower ground floor. I picked a 90 minutes massage + scrub package for a very attractive price. I was so looking forward to a relaxing massage session after a long day but it was a little disappointing. The therapist was sick ( she coughed so many times and each times she coughed, she stop massaging me) I think this also affected her because she seem very weak and was rubbing me instead of massaging me) then the scrub session- it made me felt like I was just bathed with a scrub shower gel. Though she cleaned me with a piece of hot tower but it wasn't clean enough..there were still some scrub between my toes when I left.

The buffet dinner served on the ground floor was good with a reasonable price. Though they promised there would we a live music with singer but no sight of them when we had our dinner

We had buffet breakfast the next day and the Japanese breakfast set was extremely good!

Oh, the complementary high speed wifi made me don't want to leave the hotel!

1  Thank VanessaMunYee
There are newer reviews for BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My trouble started when i arrived at the airport and nobody was there to pick me up. A call to the hotel told me i didn't have a booking and the confirmation number meant nothing. After telling me they would find a room for me they said it would take 2 hours to send a car and to find something myself at the airport. It was 10:30pm before i got a prepaid taxi who spoke no english and kept taking me to wrong hotels. On arrival the desk blaimed the West Western online booking for not recording the pickup but had discovered they did have the booking confirmation afterall. Horrible smell upstairs, room small, cramped and poorly lit.
Was a party going on with noise filtereing into my first floor room.
In the morning i went down to the breakfast at 8:50am to find 2/3 of the hot dishes were finished, no juice or cold milk left, no cut fruit left and no cheese of cold meat. What food there was happened to be indian food, not what an overseas traveller can handle at breakfast.
Lunch was another disaster. With no food on the buffet other than indian i opted for bread rolls, soup and a glass of red wine. After 20 minutes and no wine decided to leave but was stopped because the wine was now there. It was white wine instead which they thought was OK. Complaints were met with them wanting to move me to another room but i just wanted a quiet rest and some service. Understanding of english seemen to be a problem from taxi driver to check-in staff and general room service. Area is not inviting but handy for business. I use Best Western where ever i can but this hotel does not come near the standard i am used to elsewhere in the world. It was my second stay here but will definately be my last.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SkycityHotel, Deputy General Manager at BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanking you for posting your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our products and services. Your observations have been strictly taken into consideration. I personally have looked through your booking and stay details.
Some unintentional discrepancies have been observed. For example, you had checked-in quite earlier than the mentioned time and your airport pick-up was not booked through us and due to rush hours last minute cab booking does take more time than normal. Food & Beverage related issues have been thoroughly investigated and measures have been taken to avoid the same.
We know that we cannot turn time back, but request you to get in touch with us to better understand what went wrong with your stay.
Guest satisfaction is among our highest priorities and we at Best Western Skycity certainly strive to achieve that.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

good hotel to dine in with your family memebers. choose their buffet option and enjoy your meal. food is good and also the hotel staff.i visited this hotel on my anniversary and choose the buffet option. They have Barbeque and snaks were good. alos my total bill was 3500 for 5 memebers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience through Tripadvisor. All of us are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your family time at Best Western Skycity and savored our Barbecue delights, the best in town. Thank you for recommending us and we eagerly look forward to welcoming you back for many more enchanting moments.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Good place to stay as the hotel facilities are amazing, I had stayed at this place during a business endeavour. I had a residential conference there, and it was a bliss. The lady Operational Manager is a very professional person and has plenty of know-how about dealing with corporate people.
Overall a good hotel with 5 star facilities.

Dear Guest,
It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us at Best Western Skycity, Gurgaon and we thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to note that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable one.The hotel is built in such a manner so as to provide a perfect residence both for business as well as leisure travelers amid the chaos of the city and is designed is provide a relaxing and renewing experience for your stay. And our Operations Manager is truly an asset to our team. Awaiting your return to us.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Veena the operation manger was extremely helpful in my room accomadations and required meeting room. The entire hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. The meals and food are very good with a good menu selection. The rooms are clean and air conditioned very well. this is a good choie for you stay in Delhi India a good value for the mony and the location is near the main highway.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Best Western. Spa is very relaxing. The masseuses were strong and the botanical oils and balms are heavenly. It was quite an experience, the staff was accommodating and polite. Serene and simple, we quite enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

One fine evening i drove to this hotel that my friend had been telling me about, she said it's a great place to chill after working loads.I was warmly welcomed at my arrival, the hotel is close from my work place. I enjoyed the evening with soul calming music and themed dinner. As far as i remember it was the European theme that was going on at that particular month. The female manager is very urbane and accommodating. I had one fine evening and would surely recommend this to all my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo