“excellent hotel”

Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Valley, Gurgaon
Ranked #25 of 234 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Lucknow, India
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

very good hotel awesome staff and very helpful people i loved my stay here

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2012

i stayed in the hotel for 3 months for my company visit in india, the hotel is very nice and the people are good also.

indian people eat only spicy food but the kitchen staff of hotel make some asian food for me, hotel is very clean and tidy. also has chinese restaurant in the near by hotels but try the hotel chinese food it is good.

the hotel staff is very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: you can try for room on floor no. 2. the manager told me it is specially for ladies and are speciall...
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Located next to several other hotels in the heart of Gurgaon, the Lemon Tree Premier does not disappoint the business guest. On arrival, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my one nights stay (with breakfast) also entitled me to an additional meal (dinner/ lunch) and a free spa treatment of my choice.

The check-in (and later, check-out) process was extremely efficient and professional and I was ushered into my room within a span of 5 minutes. The room itself was very clean and well appointed, although not extremely large with a desk, sofa, very comfortable bed, TV, tea/coffee maker, fridge, slippers and other amenities.

The bathroom however was extremely tiny and although as a single traveler (who tends to be very neat), I didn't mind it; I could see that it might become quite difficult to share if the room had a double occupancy and god forbid with a not-so-neat room-mate!! The shower area had a fixed glass partition but no provision for a door or curtain and no matter how one tried, there was no way to prevent water from splattering out in front of the WC.

I would've rated the sleep quality higher if not for two reasons -
(i) Being woken up by the sound of baggage rolling down the corridor - which has extremely poor acoustics - late at night. Have observed this is typical of Lemon Tree properties. The sound tends to reverberate, with even a person speaking in regular tones in the corridor.
(ii) A previous guest had probably set the (very loud) alarm clock in the room for 7:00 am. Luckily I was already awake, but it was an extremely jarring experience which had me literally jump out of bed! (Had advised the front desk to get housekeeping to sort it out on departure so hopefully the next guest won't suffer).

The buffet breakfast spread was extensive and scrumptious - fruit, salads, cereal, yoghurt, juices, Indian delicacies (some made to order), breads, eggs to order, meats, cheeses... - topped off with a great cup of coffee. Truly appreciated the discrete but extremely friendly, courteous and helpful staff throughout the hotel, who went out of their way to assist - and the staff at the Citrus Cafe certainly deserve a special mention.

I also used the gym (open 24x7), which was rather small but still quite well appointed with two treadmills, an elliptical, a cycle, bench with weights and a couple of other pieces of gym equipment. It would have been very useful to have a full height mirror on one of the walls to check ones form while working with weights but otherwise it was perfectly acceptable.
The pool, located on a shaded terrace on the first floor (just outside the gym and spa area), was not very large and the water appeared a tad cloudy but I might have still considered a dip if I had the time.

The spa consisted of 2 massage rooms (and perhaps another treatment room). Although supposed to be open from 8 am to 8 pm, I was told that the ladies who work there a typically available from 10 am to about 6 pm. I wasn't able to avail of any treatments and my conversation, with the man in charge (although pleasant enough) did not inspire much confidence about the level of professionalism. Quite frankly I don't think I would've considered it if I really wanted a spa experience.

There was a business center in the basement (about 2-3 computer terminals, printer, fax and copier), which I'm sure is useful. In addition there was another bar/ restaurant, which I didn't try and a conference facility tucked away somewhere.

The hotel itself sits on a very small plot but in a reasonably nice part of Gurgaon with several restaurants and commercial complexes in the vicinity (some a short walk away) but still far enough from the noisy main road, so the location was excellent.

On the whole, my stay was extremely pleasant and relaxed and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend it (despite the bathroom) and would definitely consider staying there again!!!

Room Tip: The corridor seemed rather long and not sure if it has elevators at the other end, so perhaps closer...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Valley, Gurgaon, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Valley, Gurgaon and for sharing your feedback.

Based on your feedback, we have reviewed the bathroom set up and are pleased to advise you that we have put in place the process to have shower curtains installed where required, to reduce the overflow of water from the shower cubicle.

The spa team has been addressed and we assure you that this was a lapse in the process that has been rectified.

We have in place noise isolating features in the guest room doors and corridors and are now reviewing the same to ensure effectiveness.
We are reemphasizing training of our staff to provide efficient services in the future.

We hope to see you back, which gives us an opportunity to make your stay at Lemon Tree Hotels memorable. Please email me the details of your reservation at Vaibhav.mittal@lemontreehotels.com so that I can handle it personally.

With best regards,
Yours sincerely,

Vaibhav Mittal
Hotel General Manager-Gurgaon Region
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed for 11 days at Lemon Tree Premier, Gurgaon. Staff is very friendly, courteous, trained especially professional. They prepared the food as per my choice, amazing food. The room is clean and they always concern about the hygine as well. The enviroment of the hotel fresh. The bar ambience is very nice. The spa of the hotel is value of money. I would suggest to stay once and have the experience.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Neoprime
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have visited here couple of times.. The staff here is very professional.. The service excellent.. It was a very relaxed stay.. In short everything upto the mark..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Huddersfield
Reviewed June 19, 2012

i was pretty reluctant to book a hotel i had never heard of, however after looking at some reviews on tripadvisor i made up my mind and went ahead to book this hotel.
I was shocked to see that the hotel was very nice, neat, clean & tidy. Perhaps the services are excellent and the staff is very kind and helping. I personally liked this hotel and will surely be staying at the same hotel on my future visits.

1 Thank Terry T
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed June 3, 2012

After a wonderful stay at the Lemon Tree Premier in Bangalore, I had high expectations for the Lemon Tree Premier in Gurgaon. Perhaps it was because of those high expectation that my actual experience wasn't so good.

Check-in was smooth, and I had no problems going right to sleep; the bed was spacious and comfortable, as were the desk area and sofa. Compared with my room in Bangalore, however, there was less room for my luggage and clothes (one closet instead of two) and I found things just a bit less clean and new-looking. There were no shower doors or curtains in any of our rooms, so some water splashed out onto the bathroom floor; fortunately it was not much, and easily absorbed when I put a towel down.

The swimming pool was cloudy and not the clean bright color one looks for, but it wasn't so sketchy as to prevent us from taking a dip. The air quality in Gurgaon was quite bad, with lots of dust settling on the pool furniture (and perhaps clouding the pool). The main entrance to the pool was broken, so we entered through a door down the hallway. I did not have the inclination to try the spa or fitness center.

Our food in the main dining area was fine. We took an excursion to the Taj Mahal one day, and the night before I asked a waiter to have some sandwiches, fruit, and juice prepared for us to take early in the morning; the food was waiting for us in the morning just as requested, and the sandwiches were tasty.

This hotel is conveniently near the Yellow Line metro station, but be careful--there is a Lemon Tree Hotel very nearby, and not knowing this we told the ride from the station "Lemon Tree" and ended up at the wrong hotel. Be sure to say "Lemon Tree Premier" and you should be alright.

We had a bad experience one morning with a vehicle the hotel arranged for us to take us to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. As soon as we pulled away from the hotel, the driver informed us he would be picking up a "backup driver." When we questioned this, he informed us it was actually his brother, who needed a ride. While not unsympathetic to his plight, we were uncomfortable with the way he was trying to railroad us, and given all those security briefings that warn of taxi drivers picking up strangers, we asked to return to the hotel to make sure things were all on the up-and-up; the driver refused, even when we insisted. We ended up leaving the vehicle and starting to walk back to the hotel, about a kilometer away by this time. Hotel representatives met us on the way with another vehicle (our driver must have reported what happened) and within an hour we had a different vehicle with a different driver and no more problems.

This hotel is about 45 minutes from old Delhi by metro--so keep that in mind if you're planning to be downtown every day.

My bottom line: a pretty nice hotel, but it fell short of my expectations based on other Lemon Tree experiences. I'd give them another try.

2 Thank Chris M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I sincerely apologize for the issues you faced during your recent stay at Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Valley, Gurgaon

We have examined all your comments and are taking steps to resolving them on a priority basis.

Based on your feedback, we are looking into training our staff to provide efficient services in the future as well as the drivers to ensure that we deliver high quality service as can be expected from an upscale hotel.

There was a strong dust storm during your visit to Gurgaon and due to the fact there was dust settled in the water. However, we will ensure that the cleaning of the pool is done more frequently in the future.

With best regards,