“Excellent, no-frills, modern”

Leisure Inn West Gurgaon
Ranked #35 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
New York City, New York
“Excellent, no-frills, modern”
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I stayed at peppermint for 20 days. This place is fresh, chic and comfortable, and gave me what I crave most - peace and quiet. The lawn is the perfect place to sit back and relax, with some excellent jazz (and sometimes other genres in great music) always playing at just the right volume. The poolside on the top floor is another place to unwind at the end of a day. I strongly recommend the daily breakfast buffet. Helpful staff who go beyond the call of duty to make your stay comfortable. The "Chocoholistic shake" from the mocktail menu bowled me over! Great place overall.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Nidhi A
Pepperminthotels, Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 21, 2010
Hi

Many thanks for your time and effort to fill in this review. We hope to see you at the hotel again, perhaps for longer this time!

The restaurant and bar on the roof is now ready, and we will be launching it on December 1, 2010. With the weather being beautiful in the winter, we hope you and your friends enjoy the al-fresco experience.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Team Peppermint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
Lucknow, India
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Peppermint Hotel in Gurgaon (suburbs of Delhi) is new, and done up in a very refreshing, smart, modern and interesting manner - the splash of white, soft green or blue colours all around, has a calming effect. The rooms are super good - very well done - and the best spot is the couch near the window - (see my photographs). The work desk in the room is another high point - very comfortable. Entire atmosphere is relaxing and I did sleep well for two nights.

Another extraordinary highpoint in this hotel is the staff - very smartly groomed, and very courteous and helpful. Very personalized and thoughtful service, undoubtedly. The hotel called me two times, sent me sms text asking about my arrival and sending address and contact details, which was a small but very sweet gesture.

The food is reasonably good - if not the best. The buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner - we had over two days, was good - coffee is good too! :)

The only issue I had was to locate this hotel despite good directions - it is adjacent to an old hotel named Lemon Tree, in sector 29 - and entrance is common for both hotels. Another issue is there is no cheap public transport like auto, black yellow cabs, and hotel cab is very expensive (INR 1700 for airport drop, compare this to INR 320 I paid the black yellow cab on my way in). So please book a radio cab in advance, to avoid delays.

Although I took sometime for the taxi to locate this hotel, but this hotel is in GURGAON city centre - really. a little sideways but quite close to Gurgaon landmarks. Very close to Crown Plaza hotel, Westin, Freedom of dreams or some entertainment centre, and other happening places in Gurgaon - so that is good.

Overall I had a rejuvenating time in the room and did enjoy the hotel. It is priced slightly upwards for me personally, (6000+) but given that it is Gurgaon/ Delhi and the quality service at this place, it does seem reasonable.

Before I forget, the free internet was just so good - thank you Peppermint.

1 Thank bobbyramakant
Pepperminthotels, Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Dear Bobbyramakant,

Thank you for your review, and your candid feedback. We sincerely appreciate your kindness, and strive to exceed your expectations every time.

About the taxi service - we are working with our vendor on improving the car choices and hence the pricing will be more economical.

MingSingh, our rooftop restaurant opens from November 25, so you will have another dining option as well.

We look forward to your continued patronage.

Best regards,
Delhi
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I went there for a lunch with my clients and got warm welcom from the staff, I made some queries regarding the Jain food. Chef came and preparde the amazing dishes specially for my clients as required. Thanks a lot ....

1 Thank atishya18
Dear atishya18

Thank you for your review of our restaurant. We are currently running a Thali promotion, with 5 different cuisines for every day of the week. We hope to see you at the hotel, to sample a Thali a day!

We look forward to your visit

Delhi
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Peppermint Hotel is different to other budget hotels in the country. Its contemporary and colorful, making it an absolutely delightful experience for me to remember.
The coffee shop has it all, again a very unique restaurant with all the essentials from fresh sandwiches to Hyderabadi biryanis. EAT is also a good mid night eating spot for the night birds in Gurgaon and surrounding areas.
Being a decently sized hotel with 46 rooms, the service couldn't be better as it is very personal and the staff is extremely friendly. The concept of dialing one number for anything you require in the room is also unique to the whole peppermint experience.
I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone who wishes to have a luxurious stay with extremely affordable prices in a stylish and a modern hotel.

1 Thank Ragahv
Rajeshsudan, General Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are also delighted to receive your encouraging feedback and to learn that the services and facilities have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We heard about this Hotel.The following day when I came with my freind to have a Dinner at Restaurant, Unable to get service we walked outside to the area & sat down in Garden, After some time a waiter finally came over handed us the menu & didn't bother to provide an ashtray for us as we are smoking there.

Once seated inside my freind was given clean cutlery & 2 napkins. The food took ages to arrive & we had to follow up on the whereabouts of it twice before it finally did turn up.

I ordered Biryani and was served some other Dish that in no way even remotely resembled Biryani (I was not mistakenly served the wrong dish, I guess it's the Chef's interpretation of Biryani)My Freind ordered fried rice that tasted bland & boring so needless to say, dinner was skipped that night

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank RAJIV83
Pepperminthotels, Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this review, October 17, 2010
Dear Rajiv83

We thank you for your candid review. We are deeply apologetic about your experience at Peppermint, and no excuse we offer can make up for the experience that you had.

We hope to make it up to you, and request you to visit us again. Please do ask for the Chef, and we are sure he will have something prepared for you to make up for the past meal, from our side.

Best regards,
jimbo404
Reviewed October 15, 2010

During my recent visit to Gurgaon I had been to this Hotel for the first time , when I step in the welcome & greeting was too good. IThe reception made me fresh after a travel of 2 hrs flight fro Pune. The staff was committed & ready to help " Dil Se". Once yoy tell them the requirement & it will be taken due care bu the quality staff.
Breakfast superb & Pancake tooooooooooo good.
A small thing is noted & action is taken ; i mentioned for check out at 6.00 Am in the morning , so the front office called me on own & ask for cab service if I need / wake up call with reminder & some refreshment , no where such self responsibility is seen.
This will be my permanent hotel to stay in affordable price.

1 Thank jimbo404

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Peppermint Gurgaon was recommended by a friend and I already had very high expectations. I was told your stay would be "fun, cheap and the best sleep you can get", and thats exactly what I got.

The restaurant in the lobby is good, very good pastry chef and amazing biryani
the bar is small but the cocktails are nice, I am told they are opening a pool and asian restaurant on the terrace, really looking forward to it. Kudos to the promoters to do something so different yet so correct.....

4 Thank Rudester2010