“Pathetic dinner buffet in the city”

Leisure Inn West Gurgaon
Ranked #41 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
“Pathetic dinner buffet in the city”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here, but the food was pathetic, no hygiene, waiters pickup glasses from the rim of the glass, mocktail had rotten coriander along with human hair.

Chicken was pathetic, only savior was the Chinese cabbage and rice, not worth recommending. Might be an ok option to stay but definitely not worth eating.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
RavindraSharma, General Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking your time to share your feedback with us.

We are truly disappointed to learn that our service was far from perfect and sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience that you encountered for such an important occasion. Please be assured that we have cascaded to relevant Leaders of our team to improve the service problem that you have highlighted in your review. We do hope that we are able to have future opportunities to present to you a true Peppermint experience.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lets start with pros:
1) Above average property.
2) Excellent food.
3) Fine Customer Service.
4) Clean rooms.

The cons:
1) The biggest turndown - No toiletries in Executive room.
2) Cannot locate hotel on maps (Although at good location).
3) Slow Check in and Check out (More than 10 mins each).
4) Small Bathrooms.

Overall, a considerable option for short stay, bit expensive though.

Room Tip: Go for Executive king bedroom ot Suites.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KshitijDeopujari, General Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We apologise for the concerns you have shared with us related to your stay at this hotel and assure that corrective measures have been initiated to ensure that it does not happen again to any other guest.

We look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed October 11, 2013

As I write this review waiting for my airport drop , I fail to realise how such an excellently built hotel has such poor front office staff . My check in and check out time exceeding more than 15 mins none of the receptionists even bothered to apologise but just kept me waiting . I urgently request the higher management to brush up their front office personnel with time management as well as customer interaction skills . Dated 11/10/2013 . 0500pm. The restaurant staff headed by mr.manish is wonderful though delighted to be served and looking forward to meet them again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We apologise for the concerns you have shared with us related to your stay at this hotel and assure you that corrective measures have already been initiated.

We look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed there for 3 days. Fabulous experience.

Nice ambience.

Centrally located, very near to secotr 14 market.

Very clean rooms, good bathroom amenities and very very hygenic. No issues at all.

Food was excellent. We met the chef, Mr. Sunil as well. very nice guy.

Pasta was excellent. One day it was with white sauce, other day it was with Arabita.

Had made some really good desserts, Gujjiya. Chocolate pudding was good as well the butter scotch ice cream.

Highly recommneded, especially looking at the price you pay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Xhitij, General Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to receive your encouraging feedback and to learn that the services and facilities have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just came back after staying there for 4 nights. No words to describe the amazing feeling.

Great service especially, Mr. Ravinder. He goes out of his way to accommodate small small things that makes you feel really special.

Linen, bedding, pillows are very clean. Never had any problems. Housekeeping staff was very prompt. We asked for replenishment of coffee etc and was done very promptly.

Security is very good so that one feels really safe. Food is superb. The choices they have I havent seen anywhere (and I have traveled extensively). Pancakes were really good along with the maple syrup. Try their chocolate pie, very tasty.

They arranged a day tour at a very reasonable cost.

Looking at the cost I paid, really worth to be there.

Room Tip: Sit at pool side. it is very good as it is on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Solo T
Xhitij, General Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are also delighted to receive your encouraging feedback and to learn that the services and facilities have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights. There were mixed reviews but the ones that were bad were pretty old, but still kept my fingers crossed. The rates were actually reasonable so I thought to go ahead.

And I am really happy that I took a chance. Everything was perfect. For me, when I stay in hotel, I look at three things. Ambiance, food and a place where I can sit and relax.

Ambiance was great as there were couple of families with children, lot of professionals (I think they have some tieup with spicejet and hence service has to be good).

But the best things were:-
1) Food - suppppppppppppperb breakfast. Indian, continental, juices, paranthas, dosa, idli, pooris, non-veg (didnt bother to look into it as I am a vegetarian), juices, muffins (multiple types) etc etc. You can order multiple type of paranthas, different dosas etc. Another day, there were pancakes, bakes tomatoes, baked beans....

I ate so much that at times that there was no place for lunch.

But hold on, dinner was awesome. Chinese, Indian, continental and and and desserts. It was Moong Daal Halwa (we Indians love it, right) and chocolate pudding.

I was literally spoiled.

2) They have a courtyard with wooden benches and trees shadowing them. It was a bliss. Enjoying my tea with books around...

Why I was so very happy that the money I paid and the service and food I got was amazing.

I am coming back soon.

• Stayed September 2013

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Was there for 3 days.

Awesome, awesome. Very nice, clean rooms with specific place to keep luggage. Big wardrobes (I am tired of keeping my stuff in those small wardrobes) so that my business suites can happily be put in. Tea,coffee maker, small fridge. Mineral water. No issues

Very friendly reception. Clean areas.

Food is par excellence. Lots and lots of choices in the breakfast (veg/non veg, fruits, different juices. They make very good dosas as well as pocahed eggs. And the croissants are great. Was hooked on to Masala tea).

Service was great. I asked for some lemon wedges and honey early in the morning and were delivered promptly

I was surprised that the rates are very reasonable looking at the service that they provided. Very safe place as well. Wasn't overtly crowded but didn't have a deserted look either. I always got a place to sit where I wanted to. Dinner had some great desserts too, they had this pineapple upside down that was just perfectly sweet)

Tip - Don't miss out on the open courtyard where you can really relax or in the morning at the pool side on top floor.
================================================================================================================

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family