“A decent hotel”

Leisure Inn West Gurgaon
Ranked #37 of 253 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a decent business hotel which fulfills the needs for business travelers. The free wifi was stable and didn't drop as compared to others which provide free wifi. I had a good rest after the daily battle with the traffic during peak hours during my three nights stay. Its service is swift and staff were efficient although most of them don't converse English language that well. I have no complaints as they provided what I wanted.

There is one area which needs improvement and that is the breakfast. To be honest, it is bad. The coffee was tasteless during my stay and other breakfast dishes were tasteless. After the first day, I just had water and toast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Pepperminthotels, Public Relations Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear WKToo,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your candid feedback, which only helps us improve the product and services. At Peppermint Hotels, we will do everything in our power to ensure mistakes aren't repeated, and would like to assure you that we are now already working on getting the quality of our breakfast up to standards.

We look forward to your next visit to Peppermint Gurgaon (and let us know if you enjoy the breakfast this time), and to the other cities that Peppermint operates in.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a three star looking hotel with very poor quality service. We stayed there for two nights three days...and it was terrible experience. Look wise the hotel is good...rooms and bathrooms are well decorated and clean. However, the service is a total let down. You wouldn't get the value of money. The amount they charge for their rooms.... you can easily find a better hotel in Delhi at this price.
At first when we arrived at the reception.....the manager was talking to us leaning down at the reception desk and looking at his mobile phone.....as if he wasn't bothered at all about the customers.
Next is, when I had shower at the bathroom the entire bathroom got flooded even though there was shower room. when we rang at the reception to complain and ask them to send somebody they said somebody will be there in five minutes...but nobody arrived. We rang them again and once again said they are sending house keeping guy as soon as somebody is free. Of course nobody arrived in next 20 minutes!! We again rang..this time they said "They are not authorised to come into guests room" (after three calls they are saying that!!!)....we than said we are the guests and we are asking you to come so you are authorised!! Anyways they came at last and gave us another room...the bathroom in that room had similar problem but less!!

We went to the swimming pool which is outdoor...it was extremely dirty full of dead flies!!! And the water temperature wasn't controlled...it was cold!!

The breakfast buffet is poor in terms of quality and number of items. I would like to mention here- There were few jugs full of different juices. I asked the waiter showing a jug whether it is pineapple or orange juice..I m allergic to pineapple. He said orange. When I had a sip I found out it was pineapple...can you believe that???? What if i had a bigger sip...and allergic reaction afterwords!!!??? The waiter didn't have the knowledge of the food and drink served at the buffet.

one evening few of our friends came to visit us at the hotel for couple of hours. After receiving our friends from the lounge when we were taking the lift to our room......a staff came and told us guest ain't allowed after 10pm (it was around 9pm that time). After couple of hours we didn't notice it was already 10:15pm...we were still chatting with our friends in the room.Then the reception guy rang in our room and told me that the guests have to leave..and of course my guest heard that. (I am from UK....and I have traveled to many hotels in many countries but i have never heard of such sort of rules....and moreover never experienced hotel staffs can INSULT their customers in front of their guests in this way!!!) Then we went down to see our friends off. One of friends then went to the reception to talk the guy who called.....shockingly that guy said with CLOSED ARMS to our friend in a very RUDE DEFENSIVE VOICE "the rule is rule...and you have only paid for two"!!! Than I asked him first of all did he even know How rude it is to speak to customers with closed arms...and did he think all of us would stay in one room which is paid for two!! (He could have communicate his rules to us in a better manner...only if he was a quality staff!!!) I found it very insulting!!

Anyways....this hotel should invest more on staff training.....otherwise this hotel would not be worthy to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RifatM
KshitijDeopujari, General Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2015

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor..

I apologise for the inconvenience you may have experienced during your dining experience at the hotel, we have taken note of your feedback. The matter has been investigated; aside, let me assure you that this is not our standard of service.

We value your patronage and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better again in the future..

Kshitij Deopujari

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hi guys as i mentioned in my title, I booked a room with my partner for leisure and to relax a bit from a hectic schedule and trust me i was really relaxed and fresh to get drained out again!
Beautiful hotel with well mannered and swift staff.
They have excellent rooms and facilities I am really impressed that is the only reason I am writing and that to a review.
I would always prefer to stay there and highly recommend this to people.
It's USP is that deal which they gave me and I really appreciate the hotel.

Thanks Peppermint for making my weekend amazing.

Room Tip: They have all good rooms just go and enjoy!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pepperminthotels, Public Relations Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Paddington,

Thank you for your review.

We would definitely work on training our staff better and work ore on our marketing the hotel as the only Peppermint in Gurgaon.

We look forward to your next visit to Peppermint Gurgaon, and to the other cities that Peppermint is open in.

Regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for four nights in my recent trip to India. As this hotel is quite new, I would not have found this wonderful small hotel, unless our host booked it for me. Though it is small, it has everything essential for our needs. A small but well decorated room with ample working space and lighting, wifi, in-room safe, and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels (interestingly during my stay many local English channels e.g. CNN-IBN, NDTV etc were unavailable due to 'weak signal' while we were able to watch BBC). A bottle of mineral water is provided every day. The staff is friendly. Although some of them may not be effective (perhaps due to lack of experience) they are always willing to help. I would also like to point out that the currency exchange rate at the front desk (from US$) was far better than the banks in the airport. Buffet breakfast is OK. The only downside is that, as the previous poster has also mentioned, that the hotel is not known to taxi drivers or tour operaors as many of them mix up this hotel with the Peppermint's former property near the Kingdom of Dream. I hope the management makes an effort so that many guest would know this excellent small hotel.

1  Thank PaddingtonTokyo
Rajeshsudan, General Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are also delighted to receive your encouraging feedback and to learn that some of the services and facilities have exceeded your expectations and for some you have desired changes. We have noted your recommendations and are working on to incorporate it in our hotel.

We look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back.

Kshitij Deopujari

Reviewed October 15, 2012

On my first trip to India, we were booked by our host in this lovely boutique hotel in Gurgaon. My colleagues and I were very happy with the friendly and honest staff, especially the hospitality accorded to us by Chef Rajin who made special meals for us. My colleague, who left her mobile phone on the bed, was please to find the phone still in the room, safely stored in the bedside drawer. The only downside to the hotel, which is not its fault, is that it is not known to tour bus and taxi drivers who always seem to get lost whenever we take a ride back to the hotel.

1  Thank onebell
Pepperminthotels, Public Relations Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear onebell,

Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay here.

We would definitely look at an option of sending emailer to known Tour Operators and also advertise locally to create awareness about our hotel amongst them.

We look forward to your next visit to Peppermint Gurgaon, and to the other cities that Peppermint is opening soon.

Regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

People pls note- the Peppermint Hotel next to Kingdom of dreans has recently been taken over by Citrus Hotel and I just experienced the WORST hospitality ever over there. Please refer to my review posted under Citrus Hotels Gurgaon to read the details.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Minkismom
Pepperminthotels, Public Relations Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Minkismom,

Thank you for your review.

Peppermint has a hotel in Gurgaon in sector 14.

We look forward to welcoming you there.

Regards

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel is located centrally in gurgaon. Food court and plethora of restaurants surrounds this hotel although the inhouse food preparation isnt bad.
Rooms are clean and big. I had a room with a bath tub and a balcony. The check in was fast and so was the checkout.
We really enjoyed our weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms with the bath tubs and the balcony overlooking the lawn are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Das,

Thank you for your review.

Although there is now only one Peppermint in Gurgaon at Sector 14.

We look forward to welcoming you there fand will continue to strive to exceed your expectations.

Regards.