“Pls note- its not the Pepprmint hotel next to Kingdom of dreams!”

Leisure Inn West Gurgaon
Ranked #38 of 241 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed October 7, 2012

People pls note- the Peppermint Hotel next to Kingdom of dreans has recently been taken over by Citrus Hotel and I just experienced the WORST hospitality ever over there. Please refer to my review posted under Citrus Hotels Gurgaon to read the details.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Minkismom
Pepperminthotels, Public Relations Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Minkismom,

Thank you for your review.

Peppermint has a hotel in Gurgaon in sector 14.

We look forward to welcoming you there.

Regards

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel is located centrally in gurgaon. Food court and plethora of restaurants surrounds this hotel although the inhouse food preparation isnt bad.
Rooms are clean and big. I had a room with a bath tub and a balcony. The check in was fast and so was the checkout.
We really enjoyed our weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms with the bath tubs and the balcony overlooking the lawn are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Das,

Thank you for your review.

Although there is now only one Peppermint in Gurgaon at Sector 14.

We look forward to welcoming you there fand will continue to strive to exceed your expectations.

Regards.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

this is the first hotel for me on my first to india.
for me this is good hotel to stay, clean room with "pop" culture in it. room is consider spacy and service is excellent. location is also very good, considering you can get a variety of restaurant within a walking distance. service also excellent and the chef on their upstair restaurant is very responsive to what we ask. the minor things is the breakfast, just maybe i am not use to eat indian food, one week stay at this hotel is considered very long time. they should provide also international foodnfor the breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank gondel g
Pepperminthotels, Public Relations Manager at Leisure Inn West Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Gondel g,

Thank you so much for your review.

We are extremely encourage by your kind words, and will continue to strive to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to your seeing you at the hotel again and also to our other hotels open.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Many years ago when I traveled as a kid / college student / early work life (in the 80's and 90's) the one thing that we were used to was 'budget accommodation" where the hotel or facility made sure you knew you were living BUDGET!!! And as much as I am not entrepreneurial, I always thought and continue to think that if there was one business I would like to dabble in, it would be in the world of travel where I could offer travelers a 'comfortable' and affordable stay. And Hotel Peppermint is what the hotel would have been like.

A quick list of things i liked:

An efficient check in which took hardly anytime at all. The reception is functional and is part of an open area which serves food, a really cute bar and the elevators to the floors above. Very friendly staff at check in.

The room: I stayed in a room on the first floor as I was lucky to be upgraded for having asked for a early check in. And for a change, it was a real upgrade. Some rooms on the first floor have a little balcony which allows for a seating for two. Very useful for smokers who are traveling with people who do not appreciate having the smoke circulate all over the AC room. New LCD's with satellite dish connection, an air conditioner that can more than manage the Delhi summer and a comfortable bed. Mini Bar had no booze - more like a mini fridge with a host of soft drinks.

The Bathroom: spacious shower cubicle and very clean. If I were running the hotel, I'd try and up the quality of the toiletries, though. A boring white soap while there was every opportunity to make this truly peppermint'y'...But don't let this distraction take away from the hotel at all. I'd still rank this bathroom as very good.

In Room Dining: It is a limited menu. And i asked for the "chicken kaathi roll." I have to confess that this was a roll which was right up there and hit the spot right on. Again, its not the best roll, but clearly one of the better roll's I've ever eaten. If I go back there, I think I know what I am gonna order in room. I had to rush out for breakfast early morning at another location, so can't comment on the breakfast quality.

Location: A short drive(5 mts) / longish walk (15 mts) away from some restaurants, a micro brewery and a super market. Just off the highway to Delhi or Jaipur and 45 minutes from the airport. On a 'bad traffic" day, be on the safer side and estimate 1 hour to reach the airport.

Little touches: Dial 9 for anything and everything. This removes the annoying dialing / pressing button for the various facilities offered at the hotel. Another feature (apparently, as I read it in the 'in room' literature) is an automatic enrollment into the hotel's loyalty program. That's one of the coolest idea's if implemented right. I am waiting to see this feature take off, though. So far, its been a week since I stayed there and I have not yet received any email / communication to this effect. But if they manage to do this, I think it will be a nice feature and likely to attract more visits to this hotel.

Overall, a nice experience and a hotel I will probably stay in again. Ideal for up to 3/4 days and while there is nothing really in it for the kids - the Kingdom Of Dreams is really close by.

If you liked this review or found it useful or has helped you make a decision in your hotel 'look up' - please click on the 'helpful' button below :-) It makes my day!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tinyutinyukilind

Dear tinyutinyukilind,

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to write this out.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed staying at our hotel.

We appreciate your candid feedback, which only helps us improve the product and services.

We would soon be relaunching the Mint points and would definitely send you an email to be part of it.

With Peppermint, we are trying to create a category of hotels - one for the global nomad on a budget, for the young at heart, and for those who want to experience a different style of service. I hope in your brief visit to our hotel we communicated our vision and delivered on our product promise.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again (and again!)

Best regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Peppermint Hotel scores on its affordability and good location for the business travleller. Rooms are well-done with spacious bathrooms. Cleaniness standards are high. Room service is prompt, but Hotel should improve on its food quality. Staff at peppermint are extremely nice and take care of your small needs. Overall a good nice hotel suite best for short stays.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Arvind S

Dear ArvindS,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Peppermint.

We know that we cannot turn time back, but request to speak with you to better understand what went wrong with the food served.

We look forward to your response(marketing@pepperminthotels.com), and would be grateful if you can give us an opportunity to make amends.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had to spend a day in Gurgaon and it was a best luck that we had a chance to stay in Peppermint. It was a great experience and we both loved the food, ambience and superb services from the staff especially with the reception.

Recommend to all who want to spend a day with luxury facilities at a very good prices.

Room Tip: Choose rooms which had Balcony open in East and also in front of "Kingdom of Dreams".
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yash_Vrinda

Dear Yash_Vrinda,

Thank you for your kind message.

We will endeavor to continue improving our standards to exceed your expectations.

We would be delighted to have you or your guests stay with us in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2012

A very nice place for a business halt. Located near the higway and the business district, had everything u would want a budget hotel to have and much more. Would recommend the cafe below and a number of them across the complex.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear PD33,

Thank you so much for your review.
We are extremely encouraged by your kind words, and will continue to strive to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to your seeing you at the hotel again and at our hotels in other locations.

Best regards