“NO NON-SMOKING ROOMS, very loud, and dirty”

United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon
Ranked #71 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Vancouver, Canada
“NO NON-SMOKING ROOMS, very loud, and dirty”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I wanted to submit my review as I am actually at this hotel now. When I got to the hotel I thought the lobby was nice. However, when we got to our room it smells like smoke. We were told all rooms are smoking rooms. This I find very odd.

The bathroom was missing a shower door, and when you turn on the tap it smells like sewage. I also found a couple stains on the pillow cases. The power went out while we were there and there were technical issues with the TV and internet (both didnt work at times).

The food we ordered was not edible (from the restaurant).

The worst part is that we told the staff we needed a quiet room to sleep (as I'm sure most people do) and they assured us it would be. Well its 11:45 pm and all we can hear is loud music and drums. We called front desk to find out what was going on and they said it's an event in the hotel that can be heard from all rooms. I spoke to the manager and he apologized and said he would take care of it immediately, which he did not. I don't think it's fair for me to pay for a room that I got no sleep in and that is definitely not as advertised. I am bringing this concern up with the company I booked with.

I hope no one has to stay at such a horrible place. In the future if I were ever to come back I would spend the extra money and stay at the westin.

• Stayed February 2014
TarunThareja, Resident Manager at United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Mam

Greetings!

On behalf of my entire team I thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you at City Mark Hotel Gurgaon. I am also delighted to know that the overall ambiance of the hotel, the rooms and the food was to your great liking and satisfaction

Your feedback related to all the issues has been noted. We will revisit certain processes in our areas of concern with more focus on training so that our associates can reach their potential in areas of various guest services and satisfaction. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience faced by you.

I again thank you for sharing your feedback and we do hope you will not benchmark us with the shortcomings you had experienced and will give us an opportunity to serve you better. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best attention and service, at all times.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
TOKYO
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Facilities are a bit tired but the other points could hide it.

Pros
- Airport pick up->OK. You need to send request email in advance,
- Room-> Very big, Enough space to open my luggage.
- Bath room-> There is a bath-tub, enough hot water
- Air-con-> Works well.
- WIFI-> YouTube may feel stress a bit, but no problem for me for checking web mail and access to web.
- Restaurant-> Perfect especially the hospitality of the staff.
- 1 day cab-> Also perfect even for business travelers. Good drivers.
- Price->Needless to say.

Cons
- The carpet in room 121-> looks dirty a bit. Will be perfect if cleaning well or replacing with new one.
- Check out.-> Only 1 (one) lady were on duty.(Feb 15(Sat) around 9am) It took 30 min to check out but she worked very efficiently for many customers who want to check out.

I would say thank all staff and management.
Definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TarunThareja, Resident Manager at United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon, responded to this review, February 17, 2014

Greetings!

Your feedback has been noted. We will revisit certain processes in our areas of concern with more focus on training so that our associates can reach their potential in areas of various guest services and satisfaction.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I booked the room for my friends and his family on 24th Jan 2014. Rooms are nice and breakfast served is decent. Hotel is nicely maintained.

Most annoying experience was the room tariff charged. What had happened was, I called hotel and asked for room tariff for one room with extra bed. I was told tariff to be Rs 4000. But on arrival at hotel, the tariff changed to Rs 4500. Front desk guy made misuse of our situation as its 11:30 pm and all were tired and not in position to try another hotel.

My sincere advice to hotel management is please avoid such kind of practices. It didn't add an value to the kind of an high end hotel they are running. Rest I will advice the people to pre book this hotel online for better deal and avoid front desk people at hotel.

Rest the hotel is very good other than the front desk staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TarunThareja, Resident Manager at United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 26, 2014

Greetings!

Your feedback related to the rates issue & front desk staff is being noted. We will revisit certain processes in our areas of concern with more focus on training so that our associates can reach their potential in areas of various guest services and satisfaction. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience faced by you.

Banff, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights...quite shabby, busy area of Delhi, but hotel is relatively clean, furnished in modern way, rooms feel homely, restaurant offers a good selection of French fine dining cuisine mixed with oriental and indian offerings. High quality breakfast as well which we received complimentary. The room was pleasantly decorated in cream and beige tones, felt welcoming. Some problems with ca which would switch between heating and cooling unprompted. Gym and other FB outlet not yet operational which was unfortunate and there is an outragous charge for Internet per day. Overall very good for what have experienced in India, and about average for anybody from the West.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TarunThareja, Resident Manager at United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and compliments! We deeply appreciate your compliments on Rooms / Restaurant / food & services of the hotel.

Would like to update City Mark is only have one Multi-cuisine restaurant which you have appreciated in your comments; gymnasium is 24 hour operational since its inception.

Accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience on AC unit temperature control switch & I am equally concerned for your feedback about Internet rates

I assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make your stays more comfortable and pleasant next time. On behalf of our entire team here at City Mark Hotel, We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon

Best Regards

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Been there in this hotel in the first week of Jan for my Anniversary, and stayed there for 2 nights, and it was made memorable by the hotel staff, and special thanks to Mr. Tarun, for arranging the surprise cake and a small gift for us, a gesture which really overwhelmed us.

Room service was exceptional, with no delays, and every request catered to in timely manner. Room was clean, and fully equipped with the mini bar. Buffet Breakfast has lot of options.

All in all it was the comfortable stay, with good memories.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TarunThareja, Resident Manager at United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 29, 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for taking time out to share your stay experience at City Mark Gurgaon. It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us. It’s exciting to receive such valuable comments from our guests as we take pride and strive towards delivering an outstanding guest experience.

It is a matter of pride to know that our team lived up to your expectations with their attentive, prompt and personalized service. Your word of appreciation encourages us to continue to strive for further excellence.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcome you back for many more elevating moments.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We booked the hotel for a company function involving about 100 people. The hotel staff performed creditably despite the high occupany rate. The conference room was adequately spacious and rooms were value-for-money. There were some hiccups with the F&B service but the hotel staff reacted quickly to correct shortcomings. The hotel has a well-equipped gym at the basement. Overall a satisfying experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TarunThareja, Resident Manager at United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

We greatly appreciate your comments. Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service and care.

At City Mark Hotel Gurgaon, it is our endeavor to make our guest most comfortable

Once again, I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back.

Warm Regards,

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed January 8, 2014

went for some business work last month and Stayed in City Mark hotel. The experience was Good, above expectations. The stay was comfortable, staff was trained, good and helping, Rooms were clean, services were great and ambience was amazing. The conference room and arrangement was excellent. Been to gurgaon many times, i found city mark as a very good option for stay as well as conferences. Food quality was superb and taste was delicious and hospitality you experience there is world class. A must visit place...

Room Tip: A must stay, great and relaxing with world class services and hospitality