“Excellent for business stays”
Review of Cinnamon Stays

and 1 more site!
Cinnamon Stays
Pune, India
“Excellent for business stays”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed there only 1 night for business. The help, cleanliness and the comfort was excellent. Add to it that I managed to meet other people on business which was great.

The house help was great - excellent tea, food and general help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I am an entrepreneur and my work makes gets me to travel to Gurgaon. I was lucky enough to get to know of 'Cinnamon Stays' which is a homestay with a special focus on women needs, safety and comfort. Both Manish and Shilpi are excellent hosts and make you feel at home instantaneously. The staff is courteous and always there to help even with the vaguest of requests (hot coconut oil in the middle of night..and i was obliged smilingly). You get to meet interesting people at the dining and lounge area where you actually end up building your networks and connections. This has been my second stay at cinnamon and i will recommend this place to all single women travellers to experience the warmth and hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pokaran
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Excellent place, people and food. Located in the heart of a major city, this place is one of the most tranquil locations you would ever find. Nani`s home cooked food is very much a part of the experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Cupertino, California
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We arrived to the Cinnamon early in the morning (5:00 AM). We were scheduled to arrive at 7:00 AM, and found the caretakers a bit frazzled but welcoming! Guest houses in Delhi NCR usually put me on a high-alert because I have had bad experiences in the past - from peeing toms to constant phone interruptions by the staff. My guard was up! Despite showing up during wee-hours of the morning and calling Shilpi (the owner) to check in with her about the details of our room and boarding at 5:30 AM, we were shown patience and courtesy by the staff.

In the morning we were served a good breakfast - bread, omelette, tea, juice and few other items. Everything was freshly prepared for us and the staff took our lunch and dinner orders in advance too. The premises were clean and the neighborhood was lovely. Parks are nice and area is upscale. Shilpi checked in with us via text throughout the day and even came to meet us in the evening. Dinner was equally lovely - fresh veggies, daal, rice and rotis - a welcome relief from the heavy food normally served in hotels.

That's one aspect that sets this place apart - the owners Shilpi and Manish ensure that they spend time with their guests. And it's very personal...nothing forced about it. There's one incident I must share, which will inspire confidence in other women travelers. 2 other ladies were to check in, and they were left stranded close to Noida by a poorly behaved taxi driver. Manish called his friends to ensure that the ladies were safely put in another taxi, and they eventually arrived safely to Cinnamon. Most owners do not go out of their way to ensure guest's safety!

In addition, Shilpi supports entrepreneurial women through her Biz Divas initiative and promotes young artists by carrying their handmade art pieces. The art work around the house is amazing. I especially loved the picture of the ambassador car (yes, the one from 1980s).

The address is a bit hard to find, but check with Shilpi and Manish before you arrive. The biggest landmark in the area is the Hilton in Sector 50, Gurgaon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank msmeowrr
Mohali, India
Reviewed October 30, 2013

They have two properties first in sector - 48 and another in sector - 50. As the first one was full so they allotted us room in the another..... and I found it to be best suited for us. We found this very very peaceful and calm. It is located in a post locality. It was particularly useful to us as we had to appear in an Exam the next morning and needed a sound sleep. We were allotted room on 1st floor.... it is great ..... with a king size bed and balcony and tastefully decorated. The caretaker is very receptive .... the kept our dinner ready..... and also prepared the breakfast early, as we had to reach exam center at 8:00am sharp.

Room Tip: Choose the room on first floor with balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chemnitz, Germany
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here because one my German friends resides there on a long-term basis. This B&B is so individual, far away from Delhis noisy streets, in a fenced and guarded area of beautifully small streets and little gardens. The family who runs this place is great with arts, so each room has a different topic. I stayed in the Buddha Lounge, the Bollywood Room and the Benares Room. I loved each of them. Super clean rooms! The service is excellent, good food, you eat with the family or other visitors, so you always get into contact. I even purchased one the many paintings that decorate each and every wall. Cinnamon stays is close to the airport and just around the corner of major shopping malls. So great to get used to Delhi.

Room Tip: Each room is great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Every once in a while, you come across a property that really feels like home, and people who really treat you like family. Cinnamon is one of those places, and the hosts, Shilpi and Manish, are those kind of people. Let me explain...

The last time I stayed here, I was travelling with a friend, and we both really enjoyed our stay. We remained in touch with the hosts, occasionally having exchanging emails or SMS messages. This year, my friend was travelling separately, and was passing through Delhi. He ran out of money, and needed to go further on his journey to meet someone. We were trying to work out a way to get some money to him in Delhi, because I was not due to arrive for a few days. Just on the off chance, I called Manish and asked him if they could help. This is what he did. He didn't charge my friend for his stay, and gave him the money he needed for his travels. When I arrived a few days later, I paid him back. The point is, you can't pay back such kindness and hospitality! Now, this is not an invitation for everyone out there to start asking Manish for loans ;-) I just wanted to let everyone know what wonderful people the hosts are.

This time, I stayed with my parents. Manish and Shilpi treated them in typical Indian fashion - as they would their own elder relatives. As did the staff. My Dad took some great photos of the place; I'm uploading some of them. The property is peppered with some excellent paintings. They are created by an artist who is partially handicapped, and Manish supports the artist by giving him work (though he does not talk about it generally). The paintings are available for sale, so if you are visiting, consider buying something - it goes towards a good cause. I do not believe in charity for charity's sake, but this is a way for the artist to earn a living with dignity. Besides, the paintings are really amazing and life-like - see photos.

I liked some of the magazines, but did not have time to read them during my stay, so Shilpi insisted I should take them along. She said "You don't need to bring them back, but if you need a reason to come back, then come back to return them!"

What a wonderful experience - the place, the hosts and the food. Well done The Cinnamons! If you're looking for a stay in Gurgaon, look no further.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family