“A boutique hotel with a personal touch”

juSTa Gurgaon Hotel
Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Sydney, Australia
“A boutique hotel with a personal touch”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Justa is a western-style hotel with small boutique charm. They keep all areas looking clean and new. We had a spacious suite for 3 people, which gave us plenty of room to relax and spread our stuff.

What really made my stay enjoyable though, was the helpful staff. On arrival, there was a bit of confusion regarding our airport transfer, which was actually our fault. However, when we explained the situation, they were very understanding and did not charge us anything, despite Justa already rendering the service.

A crew of staff was always at hand to assist, 24 hours a day. We stayed during a period when evenings were down to 5 degrees celsius, and without us requesting, they brought in additional heating units. When I commented that the (free) wifi signal wasn't very strong in our room, they brought in a bunch of ethernet cables to check which gave me the best connection.

I also want to say a big thank you to young Angelique, who helped dress 5 people (3 of us + 2 friends in another room) in sarees and lehengas. Being that none of us are Indian, it would have been a nightmare trying to get ready for a wedding without her help. She volunteered her services, completely free of charge, and she stayed 2 hours after her finishing time but still left with a big smile on her face.

I highly recommend this hotel, as they treat you like a houseguest rather than a customer.

Room Tip: Due to the location of hotel, no room would give much of a 'view'. However, all rooms are cl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank AJetsettingKat
PeeyushBadola, Manager at juSTa Gurgaon Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review on tripadvisor specially about the personal touch in justa The Residence Gurgaon. We are happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us your appreciation words about the service and staff has been shared with the team. Thank you for appreciating our staff Ms Anjali Chauhan ( spelled as Anjelique ) it was her pleasure to to assist you. looking forward to welcome you again at justa The residence Gurgaon.
Assistant Manager Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed in Justa for almost a month... and had a very comfortable stay. The quality of room that we got was good - spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom too was nice with a tub :). Breakfast spread is decent and in room dining options are also there. Food overall is quite good, and you can tell them how you want it cooked as well, in case you stay here is long and you start missing home cooked food. The service is prompt and staff is friendly. Good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank ManasiBansal
PeeyushBadola, Manager at juSTa Gurgaon Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest
Greetings from Justa The Residence Gurgaon!!
Thank you for taking your valuable time to put such a wonderful praising words for our team. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your motivational words has been shared with our team and we are Looking forward to welcome you again at Justa The Residence Gurgaon .
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff here are very couteous and helpful. They were very obliging with all my requests, including a late checkout, so I was happy with them. On the plus side, the rooms are in nice upkeep, and mine had a pleasant view of the restaurant garden below.

However on the minus side, the hotel is not well signposted outside, and my taxi driver and them several of my visitors had difficulty finding the place. Even when I was in the taxi searching for the place, we rang to the receptionist, but she was not helpful with giving directions to the hotel. Also several times I saw cockroaches in my room, and the first night I was plagued by mosquitos even though all the windows and doors were shut.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank KilRoyJ63
PeeyushBadola, Manager at juSTa Gurgaon Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback on tripadvisor. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and our services were acceptable to you. Your concern regarding pest control was taken very seriously most of it is eradicated by now. Thank you once again to bring this to our notice and it will definitely improve our service standard and exceed our guest expectation. Looking forward to welcome you again at Justa The Residence.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Home far from home
It was my 1st Time with this hotel
Hotel is on good location and staffs are very cooperative.Every service is personalize, as a benefit of Small Luxury Hotel. Wish to come again.
Good job.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank RamboRaja
Dear Guest
Greetings from Justa The Residence Gurgaon!!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The food here was incredible. It was so good. I could not believe how good it was.

The property has a nice atmosphere. Nice room size, nice bathroom, beautiful garden and lovely décor.

I left the hotel very early in the morning and I was given a packed breakfast. It was totally unexpected and I thought it was very nice.

Thank you for a restful night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Rena D
PeeyushBadola, Manager at juSTa Gurgaon Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on tripadvisor. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and you had really relish the food at Justa The Residence. Your positive comments has been shared, specially with the kitchen team. Looking forward to welcome you again
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was my second time to stay at Jüsta Residence. My first was at Pancheel Park in March 2012. And this time at Gurgaon for 2 nights. This time I stayed during 9-11 November, 2012.
I took the Meru Cap from the IGI Airport about 15-20 mins, and charged total about 380.- Rupee + 80.- service charge + 12.- tax, but I gave more 20.- for tip, almost 500.- Rupee.
The noticed points closed to hotel when you take the cap from airport to hotel, on your left hand, was DLF Building,.all the way long will drive under the metro...then on left hand small road, will find the sign DLF Phase 3, drive into that small road..just a few minutes, the Jüsta will be on your left hand...
I made an early check-in..very much early, but the staffs already prepared paper, room and made notice. It was so much impressive. I even received breakfast on arrived that I did not expected. I got the room 3002, top floor with big balcony around 2 sides. And..of course, the design and decoration of hotel, and room never disappoint me.
There is a small supermarket, just walk the same side of hotel down to village about 10 minutes, you will find Italien restaurant sign, and the building behind. It looks good one and reasonable price accepts credit card.
Shopping Mall nearby is Sahara Mall. About 15-20 mins and cost about 100 Rupee for one way.
The Metro station nearby is Guru Dronacharya (yellow line). Just about 10 mins walks and to mainstreet and on left hand.
Jüsta has great staffs, friendly, and very helpful; front office, restaurant staffs, and Manager. Special thanks for Peeyush Badola Asst. Mgr Operations and Brijesh Kumar, Manoj...and others.

Room Tip: I did not use Swimming Pool and Spa and I forgot about that. I have seen the fitness room nearby th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank NapasatkaT
PeeyushBadola, Manager at juSTa Gurgaon Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review on tripadvisor. We are more than happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Also we are delighted to know that Justa The Residence is one of your preferred choice. Your inspirational words has been shared withe team. Looking forward to welcome you again in Justa The Residence.

Silchar, India
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed in Justa, Gurgaon for two nights on 23rd and 24th October, 2012. Me, my Wife and our 2 year old son stayed in Room 3005
It makes me think that this place is just average. Not a value for money though. Its like a big house turned to a Hotel.
Now this is what I liked and disliked about this place:

Liked:
They are very prompt and fast while replying your emails and queries.
Room size and Bathroom size quite good enough.
Small but beautiful Garden.
Interiors are lively.
We booked for three nights but due to our change of plans had to check out on the second. They charged for all the three nights but after request, they provided us a good discount for the third night.
Wi-Fi is fast and the cost is also very low.
Staffs are friendly, but sometimes it seems too much.
Very huge Balcony. Almost 2/3rd the size of the room. Although the balcony has this small corridor to the balcony of the next room. For privacy seekers, its not the room you would desire.
Close to the Commercial Hub of Gurgaon.
Cozy bed and very comfortable pillows.
Fairly close to Airport.

Disliked:
They guaranteed the Airport Pick Up in a Toyota Innova, but rather sent us a Toyota Etios. Although they charged Rs.200 less than the cost, but then that's not how you welcome a guest at the airport with a negative feeling at the very outset.

Breakfast was good, but very few items to choose from. A variety was definitely needed at the cost they charge.

Look out for very very sharp corners on the glass top of the tables. They should have polished it so that it doesn't hurt. Its like everywhere, on the tables of rooms, side tables, restaurant tables. Not safe for kids. We were travelling with a 2 year old kid.

Room was very dirty. As we entered the room, we found dust and dirt on the floor. We had to call the housekeeping to get it cleaned a lot of times.

Safety locker in the room was not fixed to the cabinet. We were unsure, so didn't use it. Its not 100% safe. When inquired, they said "Its heavy and difficult to move" Now that's a strange reply when safely locker is concerned.

The showers in the bathroom were not working properly. It was leaky and would spray more to the ceiling than on the floor. (Read about this same issue of another fellow traveler on TripAdvisor. Guess we both stayed in the same room)

The tiles of the bathroom was broken and needed urgent repairing.

It doesn't give you the feeling of a Hotel its rather like a Big house. Very difficult to find or locate if you are new to Gurgaon. They have this very very small sign just outside the Hotel's Gate.

I thought of taking the pictures of the mentioned problems and upload to my review, but due to our last minute change of plans, couldn't get the time or scope to do so.
Finally, I may not be back at this place. Would rather spend some more (or less) and stay in a place which would provide VALUE FOR MONEY

My Verdict: Judge and Verify your priorities and requirements before booking at Justa The Residence Gurgaon

Room Tip: Choose rooms not facing the street. It gets dirty.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Partha9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
juSTa Panchsheel Park, New Delhi
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#9 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
iLodge @ Signature Towers
iLodge @ Signature Towers
#18 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Perch Arbor Suites
Perch Arbor Suites
#23 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hyatt Place Gurgaon / Udyog Vihar
Hyatt Place Gurgaon / Udyog Viha...
#12 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Anya Gurgaon, New Delhi NCR
Anya Gurgaon, New Delhi NCR
#6 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to juSTa Gurgaon Hotel? Share your experiences!