“Had a great experience with my family”

Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown
Ranked #13 of 237 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised on the general ambience and cleanliness of the hotel. We got upgraded to Executive room after paying some minimal amount. The linens are super clean and comfortable. The rooms air conditioning was ON when we entered, with fresh rooms it was a great first impressions.

Food is great. Staff in general is fine, but not so great experience at Executive Lounge. Foreigners get special attention and respect. The staff is of newbies out of college and need training and experience dealing with kids. For example, the staff didn't like the fact that my 8 year old used too many plates to serve herself various dishes at the buffet..

Overall, great hotel, good location and value for money..

Room Tip: Make sure you know the restaurant timings well enough
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ramkan
Kanika H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

I am delighted to hear such positive and appreciative feedback for the hotel, the rooms, my team and the services. Thank you indeed for the compliment!! I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team.

Whilst we spend lot of time to train our hotel staff, your feedback is highly valued and will be used to help us make improvements. I do appreciate the feedback in terms of handling children – that is indeed an art and based on your feedback we are addressing the same in our daily briefings and you should notice an improvement of future stays,

Thank you once again for your positive and appreciative feedback and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had booked this hotel for my parents while they were visiting india from canada.
OMG I have to sent my account Info for 4 to 5 times before they can find it in their system. Every time staff shift change I have to repeat my self on the phone from canada about account info sounds like to me their is very poor communication between the hotel staff.

First time I have a bad experience with Marriott chain. Hope Marriott international fix the problem and franchise train his staff better to look after Clients on administration side.
I wish I have opportunity to talk to GM of this location or marriott corporate india to address my concerns about this location.
Paul canada 1403-613-8700

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Paulevc
Reviewed October 11, 2013

service was really good, there were tons of staffs and each were very polite and helpful. we felt safe at the hotel as the security was quite high - we had to scan our bags and cars had to be "searched" before it was let in. the elevator worked only with room cards for your floor.
the room was clean overall, but bring your own towels :) as the towel seem a bit "grey". but overall, this is a very nice hotel to stay in, its not the "courtyard" standard in the US - its really a 5 star standard. thanks !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Charling C
Kanika H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!!

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments for the hotel’s rooms, staff and security. Whilst we are delighted with your words of praise for the team and services at the hotel, your feedback on the quality of towels is definitely something we will focus on.

I thank you once again for your positive and appreciative feedback and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

One of the nicest stays I have had anywhere. Very clean and bright, pleasant staff, excellent food at all meals provided by MoMo Cafe. My package included breakfast and airport transfers, very handy. I especially liked the artful salads and desserts. I have stayed now at two Marriotts in India, and I get better wi-fi and internet response here that in the USA.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank traveltode
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Good, option in Gurgaon both business purposes for a stay for a couple of nights. Its convenient, clean, no frills option in that area. However breakfast is quite widespread. The coffee shop area is quite nice. Its a nice, standard business hotel and good till its new.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ira D
Kanika H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!!

We consider it a privilege to have served you and I was delighted to read such wonderful feedback from your end with regards to our hotel’s service, food outlets and room. The team at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon is constantly making efforts to exceed guest expectations.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to having more opportunities to serve you.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've read the reviews about this hotel, and have nothing to add to the positive reviews. They are all accurate! One of the nicest and most helpful staff anywhere, and great food in the restaurant. Even though many Courtyards in the States have a free continental breakfast, this one does not. However, when we went to breakfast, they almost fed us to death and with great food and beverages! For the Delhi area, the price is right for both food and room.

Room Tip: All are clean and good!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Handylady777

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!!

We consider it a privilege to have served you and I was delighted to read such wonderful feedback from your end with regards to our hotel’s staff and food & beverage options. We love what we do and it means a lot to us to hear such kind words of appreciation.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place was convenient. Stayed here overnight enroute to Srinagar. The staff is very hospitable and welcoming!

We had problems in the room we were allotted but the House keeping I/C was quick to relocate us.
One of our "number lock" strolleys was jammed and the maintenance staff very patiently and delicately (without any scratch) rectified and opened it.

The breakfast is huge and excellent....not to be missed. Unfortunately, we had to rush for our flight but the freshly made jalebi was a treat!
If in Gurgaon, will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple