“Great..”

Courtyard Gurugram Downtown
Ranked #20 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Spain
“Great..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had to stay for a long period there so I used all the facilities in the hotel. Room was big, comfortable and had wifi everywhere in the building which was very helpful. I used the swimming pool quite frecuently and it was great before a long journey of work. The ladies changing room (near the swimming pool) was not always clean which suprised me for a hotel of this category. Food and service were excellent with lot of choice. Staff was excellent. It is very well located, not far from the airport and in a walking distance from the metro station which I appreciated a lot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kanika H, General Manager at Courtyard Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

We are grateful for the kind words of appreciation on the exemplary services, rooms, food and recreational facilities at the hotel. Whilst we spend a lot of time training at the hotel, feedback such as yours only means we need to try harder and prevent such feedback from reoccurring.

Kanika Hasrat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very nice hotel, excellent staff, safe, secured hotel. Velue for money. View of metro from the hotel is very good. Hotel is centrally located to all food joints and city centre. Rooms are very much comfortable and sepcially staff is very well educated and trained which helped me to make them understand what i wanted as a guest.

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

We are grateful for the kind words of appreciation on the services and rooms at the hotel. We hope that you would visit us again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed for an extended stay on business recently. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable the rooms very comfortable, great internet access and the shower excellent. There is a public internet, printer and scanner which was convenient. The spa was great used it as was the 24 hour gym. There was additional security upon entering the hotel by car and at the entrance. In addition the daily buffet provided three great meals and a large variety of Indian cuisine, vegetable dishes, western influenced dishes, as well as made to order omelets, pancakes, waffles, pizzas and pasta and salads.

What was most noteworthy however, was the staff. I can honestly say that each and every employee gave their best effort daily to be accommodating, pleasant, and helpful. It is ironic that I was in India to train my company's employees on customer service and what is necessary to provide excellent service. Some examples of this included the Assistant Restaurant Manager Mohit who provided an excellent special Easter dinner for my friend and I. Also Khushal and Anurag who were waiters in the dining room would kill themselves for not only me but all the guests. They would run to get whatever was requested, and knew my preferences after day one..the diet coke, coffee after my meal, etc. was provided before I even had to ask. These two young men in particular made my stay so wonderful kudos to them. I cannot forget for a moment to also mention a young woman Kitty (Peerti) Choi who was so helpful as well. She would hand me bottles of water on my way to work (without me asking), help me carry my bags to my room, etc.They all went above and beyond to ensure that my stay would be great, which is truly was. I highly recommend the Marriott Courtyard for many reasons mentioned but mainly because of the fabulous guest service.

Room Tip: All rooms similar however facing the pool recommended.
1 Thank EllenK22
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

We are grateful for the kind words of appreciation on the services and rooms, food and recreational facilities at the hotel. I have personally thanked and appreciated every team member to have made your experience such a memorable one. The entire team has been strongly motivated by your kind words.

Cumming, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times since it opened about 5 years ago. I do quite a bit of business in India and Marriott has done a good job over the years. However, the hotel needs some work and the restaurant quality has declined. One elevator did not work during my stay and the other two were very slow.
I have platinum elite status with Marriott, so I have access to the concierge lounge. The quality of the food there was quite poor, as well. The coffee machine in the lounge never worked correctly and the coffee was terrible.
The help was accommodating, but they did not take any apparent steps to correct the issues I encountered.

3 Thank Spoogdaman
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nice and confortable hotel with spacious rooms and bathroom. Excellent bed. Breakfast and dinner has a great variety of food. Also a Thai restaurant availble on the first floor. Excellent personnel that are very polite and helpful

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kanika H, General Manager at Courtyard Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

We are glad to make your stay comfortable with our exemplary hospitality and we hope that you would visit us again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for business. We were hosting a week long meeting in this hotel so it was very convenient to stay here. It has all of your basic needs, room is clean and of reasonable size. 24 hour gym is always handy to have. There is also a spa but didn't have time to use this. Although take note, the free water bottles were actually placed at the bottom of the bedside table, which unfortunately I didn't see so used the expensive mini-bar ones... won't be doing that mistake again. Usually hotels (in countries where the water quality is questionable) will leave them in full view. Not sure if this was a mistake or a sneaky ploy to get people to pay?! Overall the experience was pleasant. I wouldn't choose this as a holiday hotel, but would choose it again for business purposes.

1 Thank Jo M

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

We are grateful for the kind words of appreciation on the services and business facilities at the hotel. Whilst we spend a lot of time training at the hotel, feedback such as yours only means we need to try harder and prevent such feedback from reoccurring.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My stay at Courtyard by Marriott was for two weeks while on business travel. To start with it was an amazing stay, the hotel is very well kept and has a great atmosphere. The staff was helpful and friendly. They genuinely ensured that I had a comfortable stay. Special mention to Mohit Sharma whose hospitality made me feel that I was at home though away from home. The food was exceptional with two restaurants- Red Zen and Momo 2 go. All in all a superb and a memorable experience!

• Stayed April 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

We are pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered. Your feedback has been shared with the entire team.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at the Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

Best regards,