“Feedback”

The Palms - Town & Country Club
Ranked #39 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Bengaluru, India
“Feedback”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had a knee issue and they put me up on the upper floors without a lift. I had to carry my luggage up and down the stairs with my knee pain. When i had requested for a room in the ground floor, they refused and said that was the only room and i knew for a fact that they had a room available then. Werent a helpful bunch...

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are much better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Mahesh K
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst. Director - Front Office & Membership Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor.

It is distressing to read your feedback, while it is our utmost focus to provide our valued guests such as you memorable experiences.

We have shared your comments with the team and would like to assure you that we have put a corrective action in place to avoid any recurrence of a similar experience.

May I request you treat this incident as an aberration & not a reflection of standards emphasized or practised at The Palms Town & Country Club.

It is our endeavour to constantly match & exceed expectations, however in this case we have clearly not been able to deliver the service as desired.

Apologies on the inconvenience caused to you, rest assured that the necessary actions are being addressed on priority with all concerned.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits while assuring you of superlative experiences in the future.

Please allow us another opportunity to serve you at The Palms Town & Country Club.

Asst Director - Front Office & Membership Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 20, 2013

What would you say if you came to a resort and they have told you that the swimming pool is in renovations? I was shocked that they didn't say that on phone, when we called a day before(!). We booked that overpriced hotel (120$ a day!) and they didn't even thought there is any problem!
Then we discovered it's not really a hotel: it's a member-club that our money helps the members afford the expenses. So the members did know about the renovations but the guests, that are being charged 1000 extra rupies a day (!) for the facilities, no… they don't need to be informed in advance. So what's the 1000 r for??? Well, maybe for Massage vantage? No… we booked a massage and when reached the club, they told us it was a mistake: there is a club-members priority. And suddenly all was booked. We had to give up the massage, though the young reception staff (which are very nice guys that don't see eye to eye with the management policy) pushed the club staff to set a new hour for us, but then it was already too late before our flight on this day.
Our hardships didn't end with that. They said its ok to pay in cash and on the last day denied it, though they themselves sent somebody with us on the first day, to change money for the payment purpose.
Then, they told us its o.k. to eat half fish and half vegetarian in the restaurant and indeed served us both dishes, but charged us for 2 fish!!
I must say that normally you would expect hotel-staff to get along with the guests and find solutions. After all, we wanted to enjoy. But we found ourselves arguing and upset all the time. On the last day (4 days) we just wanted to leave.
I wrote a complaint to the relations-dep. But never got an answer. When they asked whether I could recommend on Tripadvisor, that was too much… so here I'm writing…
The last point is, again, an appreciation for the young staff, which, as aforesaid, is very nice (all of them – reception, restaurant, bell-girl in the gate and guards outside). Especially – Mr. Asok – the Bar manager. On the contrary, two were not nice at all: the hotel supervisor and the restaurant supervisor. They don't know how to handle problems and their answers were ridiculous.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Oren M
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst Director - Front Office & Membership at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking out time to give us your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our club. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you had during your stay and to assure you that this is not a true reflection of the high standards of service and quality upon, which we pride ourselves at The Palms Town & Country Club.

It is our constant endeavor to extend services of the highest standards but we apologize for having fallen short of it on this occasion. Guest feedback is invaluable as it helps us to continually improve the quality of our customer service.

I have sent an e-mail to your personal e-mail address as well. Please accept my personal invitation to come back and experience our hotel as it should be.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back and better meet your expectations in the near future.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was fortunate to be recommended to the Palms Club by a member. It was a very nice hotel with nice quiet ambiance in the middle of Gurgaon. In fact, once you enter the outer gate, it is hard to believe you are in Gurgaon at all. I had an accident and was invalid with difficulty walking and the hotel staff made my stay easier. The Max Health hotel is 5 minutes drive and it was a very good hospital. I missed leaving the Palms and will definitely come back again. I didn't get to avail of the pool or other facilities except for eating so I cannot comment but they all looked nice. I only tried Browns for food and it was good. I didn't get a chance for the other restaurants. The only things a bit odd was no alcohol could be served in the room (I was told due to licensing issues) and when paying at Browns by credit card, the pin had to be entered at the front desk of the hotel, which was quite a walking distance. If I didn't have problems walking, this wouldn't have been such an issue.

Room Tip: My room overlooked pool. was very nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to have been of service to you. We are grateful for this opportunity.

Thank you for sharing such a fantastic review on Trip Advisor. Your time and praise is overwhelming and precious to us.

I have shared your gracious comments with the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration and who were also delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Your appreciation of our product, food and service is indeed heart-warming. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

Please accept our apologies due to the inconvenience you faced at Browns. The credit card machine had some problem on that day. It has been rectifies now and payment can be taken at Browns. Room guests have the privilege of charging any restaurant bill to the room as well.

We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of service and it is appreciation such as yours which keeps us motivated and helps us in delivering our best.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to our club.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We enjoy the Club since its opening and we are always excited about the pleasant ambience, the wonderful lawn and pool and the rooms are exquisite. The 3 restaurants are great, good food in all. Fusion, the pan-Asian Restaurant has great Dim Sums, and the hot plate is great fun. Browns the bar is really good in food, drinks and service.
Ait is always a pleasure to come to the club, for us it is a home away from home.

Room Tip: There are only good rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

1 Thank BirgitGairola
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst. Director - Front Office & Membership Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed all your stays at The Palms Town & Country Club.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for appreciating our services at the Hotel especially the quality of food and the experience at all restaurants. Your feedback is very motivating and shall share the same with my team and I am sure they would be very happy to hear that.

We thank you once again for the valuable feedback. It was great having you here and we also look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you on your future stays.

mumbai
Reviewed September 25, 2013

spacious comfort and luxury is what you can look forward to at The Palms. the property is "large"..its luxury!! Excellent service. food is super too. breakfast could be more elaborate but thats no deterrant to choosing The Palms again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

3 Thank pooja68
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst. Director - Front Office & Membership Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your stay with us in July 2013.

The team and I sincerely appreciate your time taken for sharing your compliments on Trip Advisor. Your gracious comments on our service will go a long way to motivate the team to continue deliver a high level of service to our guests.

We are also grateful for your positive review on our property, which have been designed keeping in mind our discerning and valued guests like you.

We thank you once again for your appreciative feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We visited on the night of September 8th and checked in rather late, i.e. around 1:30 AM on September 9th. The check in experience was smooth. A minor observation was that we were spending our first night here as a married couple and I told the reception that we had just been married and we were not even congratulated or greeted. I'm assuming the gentleman did not hear me say so, but in a hotel of this cadre, the smaller details are what matter. We checked into Room 215 which was opulent and I enjoyed the scale of the property as well as the interiors. We had issues with the air conditioning since we like our room chilly and it was at room temparature. We called reception thrice to fix this. 2 people visited the room post an hour of which we couldn't feel the difference. Even though it wasnt as chilly as we'd have liked, it wasn't uncomfortable either. The beds and linen were comfortable. The breakfast in the morning wasn't as great. The spread was good, but the downer was that we had to wait for ten minutes for a glass of water which isn't what I'd expect from such a property. The food was about average. The stuffed paratha's were doughy and did not seem to have been filled properly and given that I am a paratha lover, this was a bit of a dissappointment. The property in itself is beautiful and very well maintained and landscaped.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst. Director - Front Office & Membership Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at The Palms Town & Country Club on your recent trip to Gurgaon. Also, many thanks for providing us with your feedback and for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor.

At the outset, I would like to congratulate you for your wedding and wish you have happy married life. Please accept my sincere apologies for the points mentioned by you during the course of your stay with us. The management of the club has taken serious cognizance of your feedback and is extremely regretful about it. Whilst I admit that nothing can undo what happened, I wish to assure you that we have taken corrective measures on the lapses that occurred. Front Desk team and Chefs have been briefed based on your feedback. We have got the Air Conditioning checked and it is working fine now.

It feels great to learn that you were impressed with our bed & linens. Your acknowledgement is encouraging and we have shared your detailed feedback with the entire team.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you and see yourself the changes incorporated on the basis of your feedback.

We will look forward to welcome you again at The Palms Town & Country Club!!!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a fantastic time at The Palms - we stayed there at the beginning and end of our holiday and the staff could not have been nicer, especially when we turned up a day early for our booking! The room was fantastic - large bedroom and bathroom and a little balcony. We also enjoyed using the pool and the restaurant. They were also very helpful organising airport transfers. Thank you very much for everything!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst Director - Front Office & Member Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor, we are delighted that your stay with us was great. At The Palms Town & Country Club, we believe in creating a comfortable and luxurious environment for all guests.

Our rooms are well designed and spacious giving it a warm and welcoming feel. Also our employees are well trained to anticipate all guests’ needs. We boast of great facilities with our pool and food & beverage outlets with great benefits and flawless service.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Palms Town & Country Club. We are truly grateful for your support and value your patronage. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Asst Director - Front Office & Member Services