“Affordable Luxury”
Review of Park Inn Gurgaon

Park Inn Gurgaon
Ranked #42 of 238 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The best in its class.. Affordable luxury truly describes it best..Spacious and very aesthetically done up rooms offer all conveniences. The highlight bing the glass lifts that give you a good view of the restaurant. The hotel offers the most value for money in this class..However, the location is a bit odd. This is very near to the old gurgaon city and the civil lines and hence the approach is not too smooth. The menu is quite delectable offering a good mix of Indian/Continental etc. Overall, a very good and comfortable stay

Room Tip: The top floor rooms offer a good view of the old city
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed December 15, 2011

It is a very good hotel. Value for money.

It has a comprehensive breakfast menu and very helpful staff. The food is delicious.

The only drawback is that it is somewhat away from business district.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night (Oct 30th). The check-in process was smooth but the problem started when I requested house-keeping to get my suit pressed. It took almost 45 minutes to respond. Finally when a person came in his whole objective was to find out an excuse on how he could avoid helping me. I finally gave-up and got my suit ironed outside the hotel.
The rooms are pretty good and has all that a business traveller would require. Hoever, the restaurant was desolate. On investigation I was told that the hotel has been getting less noumebr of customer since September… I wonder why this could be happening. I had dinner, breakfast and lunch in this restaurant. I had a quite a bad experience during dinner when I found that the chicken that they had served had a stalen. The same problem I found with the mutton dish which I had during lunch. The mutton pieces too appeared to stiff and old.. Clearly this could an issue as the hotel is not much patronized by guests.
The other problem with the hotel is its location. It’s quite inaccessible and away from business-district of Gurgaon

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
SarovarHotels, Manager at Park Inn Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

Dear Sir

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during the stay with us. It was a pleasure to have hosted you again soon after your 1st visit. Thank you for reposing your faith in Park Inn Gurgaon, we hope you were satisfied with our services during your 2nd visit & we indeed are looking forward to have you with us again

Warm Regards

Siddhartha Sharma

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I had a night to spend and was not looking at a very expensive accomodation. The Park INN sutied this place perfectly.Staff are good and polite. Rooms (superior) and bathroom are new and clean though a little small , don't know how comfortable it would be for a long stay. The hotel provides complementary breakfast which is decent not that much variety but it was enough and has all the basics.The location is in the middle of a busy street and and views are not great but it suited my needs and budget perfectly. The hotel has a pool but I could'nt try it.Overall if your needs are similar to mine were this is a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nairajay10
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Make sure you have a look at the price on the Internet prior to your stay as they quote an extremely higher price when you check in.
Other than that it was a great stay, food was great except on one day, the chicken was served raw!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I regularly stay at the Park Inn in Gurgaon as it is quite conveniently located to my office and also the airport
great food
very comfortable rooms with all modern amenities
excellent room service
close to the airport
very friendly, helpful staff

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I made online booking for this hotel for three nights, only because it was closer to where I wanted to stay. We had a terrible start to our trip when the staff wanted ID for each guest. I had my passport with me but local females do not travel with their ID in India, we asked the staff that we will get it faxed the IDs for two of my sisters later but they refused to check us in with receiving proper paper work first. After waiting half an hour they asked how many people be staying there we told them three for sure and the rest will decide in couple of hours. The hotel staff kept calling us to confirm the number, we finally took the second room, they charged us extra 1000 per person which was never discussed. they even charged us for dinner which was complimentary, when we tried to discuss this, they could not understand a word of English. The staff was so rude, could followed any instructions, they kept calling us after seeing DND sign outside the door. I will never stay there ever again. they even made us late to go the airport.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NISHAPURI
SiddharthGurgaon, Manager at Park Inn Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

At the onset we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to the guest at the time of C/In due to the requirement of Government photo ID proof. Presentation of Government photo ID proof is a statutory requirement mandated by local laws & enforced by local police station. Since the guest was holding Canadian nationality other people staying with her had to be verified with nationality proof. Non-compliance of their requirements can lead to strict penal action by the local authorities against the hotel & the client too.
While escorting to the guest to their room it was clearly informed to the guest about the extra bed / child policy & rates. The guest was also informed about the extra bed posting (as there were 3 persons in the room) the same night of arrival & next day also.
The booking was made on-line for 2 persons for 3 nights by the guest. Hence the guest was aware of the rates & entitlements. Inclusion of dinner in the rates was nowhere mentioned fact that can be checked in the booking details.
We are a Carlson brand managed by Sarovar in India, the English is predominant language in our hotel and the entire operational staff is able to speak & understand English very well.
Regarding Entering the room while the DND sign is ON We would like to assure you that the Hotel has a standard Operating procedure on this and entry / knocking / ringing is prohibited for that room, but if need be the call can be made to the room only on the specific instructions by the Front Office Staff..
At the time of Check out the guest has not cleared her dues pertaining to her stay & misbehaved with the hotel staff. She even tore the bills presented to her for payments after signing & left the hotel in spite of being requested to stop & clear the dues. We have requisite proof of the incident, as the entire episode was recorded on CC TV could be produced as proof.
We hence request you to remove the comment from the trip advisor as it is biased & not true.