“MEATY EXPERIENCE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wildfire

Wildfire
Ranked #113 of 2,706 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Cuisines: Brazilian, Barbecue, South American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Delhi, India
“MEATY EXPERIENCE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Its one of those times when I feel lost for words to describe how good a place is..that's because no matter how many euphemisms I use to describe it, I am bound to fall short of actually doing justice to this amazing restaurant.. its not just the food, or the ambience.. but an experience in itself..an experience you have never had before, an experience you probably couldn't even dream of in Delhi NCR..

They have, in all, 4 options to choose from : nine cuts of meat, seven cuts of meat and 5 cuts of meat.. for the vegetarians, there is all but one set meal..so this place is primarily for meat lovers..

we ordered the 5 meat set meal which included tenderloin, pork sausage, lamb, chicken legs and prawns..in no mood for sea food, i asked them if I could swap it for some other meat like the bacon wrapped chicken and they readily agreed.. this was just the start of an unforgettable experience..

the place was unusually quiet for a Saturday, but we loved the tranquility.. they have a nice drinks menu and one is given complete access to their cold meat section..

I allowed myself a good piece of their parma ham and it felt sooooooo good.. it was delicious..i couldn't help but just eagerly wait for my main course..

and then came the most majestic skewer..majestic for the reason that they actually bring it to your table..freshly made..n it was amazing..it was medium rare and was the juiciest piece of tenderloin I have had in India.. what followed was the best and actually THE BEST pork sausages ever.. next came the lamb which again took me to a new high and I started running short of sweet adjectives to describe the food..

the last two were chicken dishes and they just couldn't meet the high standards set by their predecessors.. i repeated the lamb and sausages, even though all the meat serving had me full for the next day even..but I just wasn't satiated..

in the end, as a digestive they served honey glazed pineapple, though I gave it a miss..but my friends vouched for it..

if all this wasn't enough, they brought in ice cream sticks that took us back to childhood reminding us of the Bon Bon ice cream and we all helped ourselves with not one but two each!!

it summed up the entire experience at Wildfire and we cannot stop raving about it..

the ambience is beautiful..the staff is very courteous..

the only thing probably bad about Wildfire is the fact that it spoils you for other restaurants..

A totally must go place..unmissable..

P.S : Don't take the soup..

• Visited May 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Truly Fantastic !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner recently at this magnificent restaurant that is in the hotel at lobby level.
The service staff were exceptional, especially the Chef who served us the food.
The restaurant manager was very courteous and staff efficient.
I am going there a lot more often.

Visited March 2014
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“A unique experience in Gurgaon, but will test your appetite for meat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The restaurant only offers a choice of 4 set menus - 1 vegetarian and 3 non-vegetarian. The 3 non-vegetarian menus differ in terms of the range of meats served. This is intended to be a Brazilian churrascaria experience - skewers of meat are brought to your table and dropped onto your plate. There are soups and salads to start off with, and a reasonable selection of wines. We found the service to be unobtrusive and friendly. The chef does come out to carve the meat off the skewers at your table, and the waiters are helpful in explaining what dips are meant to go with what meats. The ambience is warm and cozy, while still retaining a feeling of space. A great place to go for a quiet night out.

• Visited March 2014
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“Meats Galore!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Wildfire in Crowne Plaza Gurgaon is another longtime favorite of mine. Their specialty is Brazilian barbecue, their claim to fame – 9 or 12 types of meat. They really do have all of the mainstream meats, chicken drumsticks, lamb, tenderloin, pork, prawns and lobster. In the past they have also had salmon but they didn’t serve it this time. The big eaters will love this place because you can have as much as you want, as many times as you want.
They start you off with a salad buffet. This isn’t any ordinary buffet, there is smoked salmon, garlic confit, several prepared salads, a few different types of cheese (brie, scamroza, emmental, Edam, cheddar), capers and more to help you build your appetite. I had to restrain myself with only one visit as I was with colleagues (can’t look like too much of a pig can you?).
Then they serve soup. I am sorry to say the soup was a bit of a disappointment. I had the mushroom chicken and while someone liked it enough to ask for their own bowl, I thought it didn’t do justice to the restaurant. The soup was too thick, and had separated a little bit. The chicken had just been thrown in to make it non-vegetarian. It would have better if they had just left it vegetarian.

Then they bring on the meat. Each meat has its own sauce which the chef will point you to as they serve the meat.

The lamb and tenderloin were imported meats (Australia and what not) and their flavor is what this place is about. You will find next to no marinade and you get a nicely grilled piece of meat cut right onto your dish. The char is testy and the meat is lean but delicious. I do try to get some fatty pieces but there really is very little of it. This is the place to really enjoy the meat. I don’t have pictures of the meat but it is definitely the place to go for pure meat lovers. They do also serve pork so you will end up with all kinds of meat. I think the only thing really missing is duck.
The lobster had a lovely layer of butter but there was just so little meat that I did feel a little sad. I guess I have been spoilt by the large lovely lobsters of Maine and Boston! But the lobster was quite nice.

However, the prawns (I really can’t call them shrimp) were really what stole the show. They had minimal marinade, liberal amounts of butter and were grilled just right. The prawns were plump and juicy and about as large as your 8 year olds fist. Where I felt that the lobsters were just a tad over-cooked, the prawns were lovely.
They have these lovely baby potatoes that are baked and have wrinkly skin with herbs. Don’t give these a miss, they are flavorful and a make a good version of a meat and potatoes meal.

They also serve a pork (bacon?) and beans Brazilian dish. It doesn’t look very appetizing but they continue to insist serving it so perhaps it is worth a try.
They seem to know that you will over eat during the main meal so their deserts are really quite small. They don’t have Indian deserts but if you ask nicely enough they will bring you options from the neighboring multi-cuisine restaurant. I had their crème brulee that was simply divine. Tap the burnt sugar topping with your spoon and you hear a nice crack. The custard was thick and rich. Simply divine.
And then, if you haven’t already had enough, they end with bon-bons served in an ice cave. The dark chocolate cover of the vanilla ice-cream covers your tongue with a rich chocolate flavor that is nicely balanced with the vanilla ice-cream. Don’t stop at one!

All in all, an expensive but worth the treat. If you are a true meat eater, go there at least once. You might be hooked! Between the salad, tenderloin and prawns, this place is a long time favorite and the fact that it has lasted so many years is a testament to the fact that several people agree with me.

• Visited January 2014
“Amazing ambiance and some good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The restaurant has an amazing ambiance, especially when seated facing the main window. Service is equally good. A wide variety of South American food & drinks combined with the uniquely exciting ambiance and some good quality service made this an evening to remember!

• Visited August 2013