“Always recommend”

The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
Ranked #15 of 237 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I visit delhi very often and end up staying at this place most of the time. It just struck me that i have never shared my views on it. The last i visited this hotel was in November before flying abroad. It is close to the airport and right above the Ambience mall gurgaon. But thats not just the reason i prefer this hotel. I love the rooms, they are spacious, nicely made and i always book one with their huge balcony overlooking the Rajokri Nature Reserve (well frankly i never knew what all the greenery was initially) But its very peaceful. The hotel staff has always been very courteous and friendly. I always prefer staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michel K, General Manager at The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear guest,

It’s exciting to receive such motivating comments from our guests as we take pride in delivering best of the services to make your stay a memorable one and to become the most preferred destination in Delhi NCR.
Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

"Exceptional treatment", staying like a king

friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying

The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good and the distance to airport is very close by

Stayed with this hotel from 2008 to 2011

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I recently stayed at the Leela Gurgaon while on a business trip.

The pros:
- i got lucky to get one of their one bedroom apartment rooms. The room was VERy large with a seperate living room and a very spacious bedroom with individual TVs in both.
- The bathroom was very large with a seperate shower and tub area. The fittings were a bit dodgy though.
- the hotel has a very good location, close to the Gurgaon entry and above the ambience mall which provides a lot more eating and shopping options.
- the breakfast spread is one of the largest i have seen in India and the quality was quite delicious too. Very impressive spread indeed.

Cons:
- i happened to pay for a mini bar purchase via cash furing checkout. 2 days later, i got an email from the hotel stating that the same was not paid and asking if they could charge my card. I refused and fortunately better sense prevaild. I was a bit surprised to note this though.
- the room service too was not upto the mark. Maybe because the hotel is too big? I called in for some room service. First, the phone call went unanswered twice and I had to finally call the housekeeping, who heard my order but never got it done.

Its a good hotel, but needs to step up.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RMJK

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we are grateful for your feedback. However, I note with great concern that we were not able to live up to your expectations with regards to the food and beverage services in the room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same.
We have noted your feedback and have shared with the concerned team to address it. Your feedback gives us an insight towards the area of improvement from our side and we will focus more on training our staff to ensure that the service standards are consistently meet.

we always consider that our guest feedback’s are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level. It has always been our focus to provide consistently high quality service to all our guests, and once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and sharing it with us.

Best regards

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I must say we were a bit skeptical to book Leela as there were not enough reviews and photos on tripadvisor as compared to other 5 star hotels in Gurgaon. But, now I can say we were not disappointed. We stayed in the Royal club room with our daughter. We had complimentary pick up and drop off. After a long haul flight we were very tired,hence appreciated the in room and early check in by Krithika who was excellent and very helpful.

The club room has a separate sitting area which was very handy as we had our family and friends visiting us nearly everyday. Housekeeping was excellent, cleanliness was one of our top priorities. We loved the rain shower and the bath with glass walls and blinds. The club lounge facility was also included with our room, we enjoyed light snacks and drinks there. Ankur in the club lounge was extremely efficient and very good. Our daughter enjoyed in the pool and running around it. My husband used the gym and really liked it. Hotel's corridors were decorated with beautiful fresh flowers everyday and hotel is very well maintained otherwise as well.
Breakfast in Spectra was good and so was the staff. The chefs tried their best to accommodate our request, Amit probably one of the managers looked after the guest very well. We found all the staff at Leela very helpful and courteous. Overall, we were extremely pleased with our stay, we would definitely come back if we visit Delhi.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. There are multiple layers of security to enter the hotel, which is comforting. The lobby is beautiful and we were warmly greeted by the staff throughout the lobby. I was escorted to the room by the front desk agent, which was also a nice touch. At check-in the agent mentioned that he was giving me an upgrade. I was on the first floor and had a semi-private veranda...which I never used. I had several work associates staying at the hotel. They had the same type of room. We decided that we didn't really get an upgrade after all. Being on the first floor, I must have been directly over the banquet area. I experienced the vibrations of loud music until about midnight. However, this only happened on one night.

The rooms are beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. I had a little difficulty figuring out how to work the multiple shower heads. There is a really cool overhead rain shower head. But I did not realize it. So I was turning knobs, etc. and was completely soaked while still clothed. This is certainly not the hotel's fault....just my lack of attention. It was really kind of comical.

We dined at the international buffet several times for both breakfast and lunch. It was very, very good. There are plenty of choices. Everything I tried was very good. I did notice that the service in this restaurant was lacking a bit. I noticed it with every meal. Usually, one bad experience can be overlooked. But when you observe the same thing every time, something has got to be wrong. My first example was when I asked the waiter for bottled water. I stepped away to get food from the buffet. When I returned to the table, my glass was full of water, but there was no bottle on the table. I very politely asked the waiter if the water was bottled. His reply was, "What? Do you want me to prove it to you?" Then he stomped over to his station and picked up a large bottle of water and held it up for me to see. This is just an example of the service I experienced in the restaurant. Everyone said the right words, but the delivery did not feel genuine. I did not get the same feeling from the rest of the staff at the hotel, so perhaps it's just the Food and Beverage Department that needs some focus.

I would stay at this hotel again for sure, and I would recommend it.

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we are grateful for your feedback. However, I note with great concern that we were not able to live up to your expectations with regards to the noise and food and beverage services in the room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is my 2nd stay at the hotel. Once again, I was disappointed.

Pros: Amazing room, amazing pool, amazing food at spectra lounge, awesome bar in the lobby, great ambiance, wonderful gym, close to the mall, awesome bmw 7-series cars, helpful staff

Cons: Security.

I'll be blunt honest. I enjoyed every minute of my stay up until the last hour. I had just returned from the pool and decided to take a shower. I stepped out, dried myself off, and proceeded to walk to my suitcase to search for clothing. My blackberry, vibrating from a page email, caught my attention. While reading it, I heard a weird sound, like the unlocking of a door. I stupidly ignored it, and continued reading the email on my blackberry.

Within a few moments, I realized that a Leela housekeeping attendant had entered my room - no knocking, no doorbell, nothing. In addition, he was on his cell phone, chatting away, with no regard to me or my privacy. As he saw me standing there, completely 100% naked - his response was "Oh, sorry sir"

I was mortified, embarrassed, and upset. For some folks, you may think it was an honest accident. But for me - I had recommended this hotel to my colleagues who were traveling with me. If this happened to them (all female) - I would be without words.

Immediately, I got dressed and went down to the lobby to speak to the manager. I was quite upset. The manager first reviewed the security cameras in the hallway and confirmed that someone DID enter my room, while on a cellphone. Because my key card was in the slot (b/c you need to leave it in there for the room lights to work) - the individual should have known someone was indeed in the room.

The manager did the standard speech - offered me a free room (why? this is a business trip, i don't pay for the room), offered me an upgraded room (my room was already sufficient for my needs) - and then, the crowning glory - explained to me that "Entering a hotel room without knocking or ringing the doorbell is not our policy"

Really? I have yet to find a hotel in this world where entering without knocking IS an acceptable practice.

After the hollow apologies, I asked the concierge to book me a room at another hotel. They did, and I appreciate that. I spent the rest of my business trip at a non-luxury hotel which provided 10x the service, amenities, and privacy.

Room Tip: Keep your room locked.