“Beyond our expectation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences

The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
Ranked #15 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Beyond our expectation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I must say we were a bit skeptical to book Leela as there were not enough reviews and photos on tripadvisor as compared to other 5 star hotels in Gurgaon. But, now I can say we were not disappointed. We stayed in the Royal club room with our daughter. We had complimentary pick up and drop off. After a long haul flight we were very tired,hence appreciated the in room and early check in by Krithika who was excellent and very helpful.

The club room has a separate sitting area which was very handy as we had our family and friends visiting us nearly everyday. Housekeeping was excellent, cleanliness was one of our top priorities. We loved the rain shower and the bath with glass walls and blinds. The club lounge facility was also included with our room, we enjoyed light snacks and drinks there. Ankur in the club lounge was extremely efficient and very good. Our daughter enjoyed in the pool and running around it. My husband used the gym and really liked it. Hotel's corridors were decorated with beautiful fresh flowers everyday and hotel is very well maintained otherwise as well.
Breakfast in Spectra was good and so was the staff. The chefs tried their best to accommodate our request, Amit probably one of the managers looked after the guest very well. We found all the staff at Leela very helpful and courteous. Overall, we were extremely pleased with our stay, we would definitely come back if we visit Delhi.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michel K, General Manager at The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

It’s exciting to receive such motivating comments from our guests as we take pride in delivering best of the services to make your stay a memorable one and to become the most preferred destination in Delhi NCR.
Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. There are multiple layers of security to enter the hotel, which is comforting. The lobby is beautiful and we were warmly greeted by the staff throughout the lobby. I was escorted to the room by the front desk agent, which was also a nice touch. At check-in the agent mentioned that he was giving me an upgrade. I was on the first floor and had a semi-private veranda...which I never used. I had several work associates staying at the hotel. They had the same type of room. We decided that we didn't really get an upgrade after all. Being on the first floor, I must have been directly over the banquet area. I experienced the vibrations of loud music until about midnight. However, this only happened on one night.

The rooms are beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. I had a little difficulty figuring out how to work the multiple shower heads. There is a really cool overhead rain shower head. But I did not realize it. So I was turning knobs, etc. and was completely soaked while still clothed. This is certainly not the hotel's fault....just my lack of attention. It was really kind of comical.

We dined at the international buffet several times for both breakfast and lunch. It was very, very good. There are plenty of choices. Everything I tried was very good. I did notice that the service in this restaurant was lacking a bit. I noticed it with every meal. Usually, one bad experience can be overlooked. But when you observe the same thing every time, something has got to be wrong. My first example was when I asked the waiter for bottled water. I stepped away to get food from the buffet. When I returned to the table, my glass was full of water, but there was no bottle on the table. I very politely asked the waiter if the water was bottled. His reply was, "What? Do you want me to prove it to you?" Then he stomped over to his station and picked up a large bottle of water and held it up for me to see. This is just an example of the service I experienced in the restaurant. Everyone said the right words, but the delivery did not feel genuine. I did not get the same feeling from the rest of the staff at the hotel, so perhaps it's just the Food and Beverage Department that needs some focus.

I would stay at this hotel again for sure, and I would recommend it.

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we are grateful for your feedback. However, I note with great concern that we were not able to live up to your expectations with regards to the noise and food and beverage services in the room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same.

We have noted your feedback and have shared with the concerned team to address it. Your feedback gives us an insight towards the area of improvement from our side and we will focus more on training our staff to ensure that the service standards are consistently meet.

we always consider that our guest feedback’s are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level. It has always been our focus to provide consistently high quality service to all our guests, and once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and sharing it with us.

Manchester, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is my 2nd stay at the hotel. Once again, I was disappointed.

Pros: Amazing room, amazing pool, amazing food at spectra lounge, awesome bar in the lobby, great ambiance, wonderful gym, close to the mall, awesome bmw 7-series cars, helpful staff

Cons: Security.

I'll be blunt honest. I enjoyed every minute of my stay up until the last hour. I had just returned from the pool and decided to take a shower. I stepped out, dried myself off, and proceeded to walk to my suitcase to search for clothing. My blackberry, vibrating from a page email, caught my attention. While reading it, I heard a weird sound, like the unlocking of a door. I stupidly ignored it, and continued reading the email on my blackberry.

Within a few moments, I realized that a Leela housekeeping attendant had entered my room - no knocking, no doorbell, nothing. In addition, he was on his cell phone, chatting away, with no regard to me or my privacy. As he saw me standing there, completely 100% naked - his response was "Oh, sorry sir"

I was mortified, embarrassed, and upset. For some folks, you may think it was an honest accident. But for me - I had recommended this hotel to my colleagues who were traveling with me. If this happened to them (all female) - I would be without words.

Immediately, I got dressed and went down to the lobby to speak to the manager. I was quite upset. The manager first reviewed the security cameras in the hallway and confirmed that someone DID enter my room, while on a cellphone. Because my key card was in the slot (b/c you need to leave it in there for the room lights to work) - the individual should have known someone was indeed in the room.

The manager did the standard speech - offered me a free room (why? this is a business trip, i don't pay for the room), offered me an upgraded room (my room was already sufficient for my needs) - and then, the crowning glory - explained to me that "Entering a hotel room without knocking or ringing the doorbell is not our policy"

Really? I have yet to find a hotel in this world where entering without knocking IS an acceptable practice.

After the hollow apologies, I asked the concierge to book me a room at another hotel. They did, and I appreciate that. I spent the rest of my business trip at a non-luxury hotel which provided 10x the service, amenities, and privacy.

Room Tip: Keep your room locked.
2 Thank jettaflavor
kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

very good location, proximity to airport .. new delhi and gurgoan.in center to the main business hub of gurgoan very near to the cybercity. good service and as name ambience suggest .. a very good ambience really.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

been there at their coffee shop. the service of the restaurant was bit slow but the ambience of the restaurant takes all the points. we ordered for continetal food. my friends really liked the pizza but i found it to be bit dry. the selection of desserts were less in the menu, otherwise it was a preety nice meal. will visit again...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I note with great concern that we were not able to live up to your expectations with regards to the food & beverage in our restaurant. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same.

Also, would request you if you could spare few minutes and share exact experience of your visit, as it will gives us an insight towards the area of improvement from our side and we will focus more on training our staff to ensure that the standards are consistently meet.

we always consider that our guest feedback's are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level, and once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and sharing it with us.

Greater London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

If in NCR and have work in Gurgaon this is best place...great for conferences too....clean, good food,good meeting faculties, great gym, comfortable beds to sleep...

This hotel is probably the best one at reasonable rates in the area.

Highly recommend

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we are grateful for your feedback. We are happy to note that your stay was comfortable and our facilities & services were to your liking and expectation

Jersey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The rooms are comfortable, but the service and what you get for your money isn't what is used to be.

Been here a number of times over the last few years, the service just isn't what it used to be.

The free mini bar has gone, there was an issue with charging my company travel provider during my last stay, not for the first time, and it was my problem, the front desk were not interested in helping at all, despite me having all the documents.

Breakfast is buffet style and there's a good choice, but again not what it used to be, and after waiting 15 minutes for an owlet to arrive I gave us.

Used to get transfers from the airport included, but no more of those either.

Diya restaurant is still excellent.

Overall the cost cutting seems to have got the better of the Leela, the good news is the toll which was noisy and meant you had to avoid half the rooms has now been stopped.

For the money there are other options which now match up.

Room Tip: Ask at check in for a room which doesn't overlook the road, usually they will oblige.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we are grateful for your feedback. However, I note with great concern that we were not able to live up to your expectations with regards to the services and staff handling. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same.

we always consider that our guest feedback's are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level. It has always been our focus to provide consistently high quality service to all our guests, and once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and sharing it with us.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
#1 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,161 reviews
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,124 reviews
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#5 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,284 reviews
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#8 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 706 in New Delhi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,620 reviews
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi

Been to The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!