“Not so good hotel”
Review of The Acura BMK

The Acura BMK
Ranked #26 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Not so good hotel”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Its a old hotel with not so good food.
Unlike other ramada hotels its a bad experience
Suggest to try other good hotel
TV in rooms is not good
rooms a re small
views also not good
over all not value for money and need to try other hotels for btter expirence.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Balbir1971

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Melbourne
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed in Ramada couple of times and each time I had positive experience.

Staff is courteous and rooms were clean and well maintained. The flat panel TV has enough choices of channels and food is good though a slighly pricey, The breakfast has good variety of Indias choices with some continental options. Chef is very nice and even cooked hash brown for my 3 year old son even though it was not on menu.

Staff is attentive to all your needed and help you out in every way.

Only thing I would like to see is cheaper car rental with smaller car options. I usually hired from outside.

Room Tip: Be couteous and ask
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lovetravel7519
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I booked this hotel for the first time and it stood up to my expectation. It is a perfect blend of style, comfort, affordability, lavishness overall a value for money preposition.

Staff efficiency & responsiveness is extraordinary and made my stay worthwhile. The buffet breakfast is a good mix of indian & international cuisine and offers a wide variety. Fruits supplement the whole scheme of things well at the restaurant.

3 Thank AnuragSaxena1971
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel ona business trip in January and February 2011. We were in India and nearby countries over a few weeks, with Delhi as our airport base. We stayed 5 separate times over 3 weeks and we're pleased with everything. I'm writing again because this time, we took advantage of the hotel's ability to store our luggage for us as we flew in and out of Delhi. They kept our excess luggage in their storage between each visit so we didn't have to take everything with us on each smaller trip. This included normal clothing items, as well as valuable gifts and electronics. We even had some fragile items. Everything was returned to us on each visit in perfect condition, nothing missing at all. We couldn't be happier with how easy the friendly people at this hotel made our travels.

As on my previous stay, the hotel was very clean and the staff was excellent. The food at the breakfast is plentiful with several western and Indian hot items along with the breads and fruits.

Another reviewer commented about the 1600 rupee charge for an airport transfer. This is accurate. If this amount is too high, simply ask the front desk to call a taxi (cool cab) for you. Or be brave and grab a auto rickshaw on the street outside!

They do have security scanners and such at the hotel, and they use them at times of high security.

We'll be back at this hotel when we return to India, no doubt!

1 Thank Gator95x
UK
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights, only because of a last-minute schedule change which resulted in me needing to find a hotel at very short notice. All other hotels in New Delhi South/Airport/Gurgaon were completely full - no rooms available. This hotel was the only 4*/5* one I could find with availability.
I arranged an airport pick-up, the driver was in a filthy uniform, his personal hygiene was not good and he didn't speak a word to me - or even smile. The car could also have done with a clean.
No security check was made on me or my bags on arrival (though they have body scanner equipment there).
With the exception of the driver all other staff appeared reasonably presented and were courteous.
The room at the hotel was fine, on the small side but very clean (as were the public areas) and fresh-smelling. No bath tub - just a curtain across part of the bathroom with the shower in it.
The hotel itself is also small, so there's not much in terms of on-site facilities. Just the 1 restaurant and the bar. I could see a small swimming pool outside with 2 loungers from my window, separate from the main hotel building, not very appealing looking and overlooked by the neighbours. The surrounding area is OK, seemed fairly quiet and residential but very close to the highway so good for access. Breakfast buffet was fairly limited as you might expect for a small hotel.
This hotel is probably worth about 5000 INR a night at the most - and for that price range it would probably be a good choice. However I paid STG £ 90 a night (about 6500 rupees) which I felt was more than it's worth. And on top of this they charged a whopping INR 1600 EACH WAY for airport transfers ( IGI T3 is just a 20 minute drive away)!! When you add this on to the room rate - and compare it to the Radisson or any of the other hotels in the area which offer free airport transfers - in a clean car with a clean driver (and of course are way, way ahead in terms of what they offer), then it starts to look like very poor value for money indeed.

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Horrible experience, Non responsive staff, leaking taps, unhygenic. All you can do is avoid. No value for money. No courtesy..

You have to wait for almost an hour to get any of your queries to get a respnse. some time no response. More over the room service takes nearly one hour.

The shower actually leaks. in the freezing cold of Gurgaon, it is just a normal warm water and not hot water. and that too after waiting 5 minutes flow.

The staff are not courteous. Food is average. and the health club contains just 2 treadmill.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Anurag_10, Front Office Manager at The Acura BMK, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Ramada Gurgaon BMK !!

We thank you for your candid review. We are deeply apologetic about your experience at Ramada Gurgaon, and no excuse we offer can make up for the experience that you had.

We hope to make it up to you, and request you to visit us again. Please do ask for the Chef, and we are sure he will have something prepared for you to make up for the past meal, from our side. Myself would meet you on arrival and upgrade you to the best room available in the hotel.

Looking forward to welcome you back in Ramada Gurgaon BMk !!

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag Sharma
Asstt. Front Office Manager
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Visited this hotel on business in September 2010. The rate was the best I could find for a Delhi area hotel that had a good level of service and cleanliness. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was nicer than I had imagined. The staff was very friendly by western standards. We used the hotel's airport transfer service upon our arrival. The minivan had AC and was clean.

The rooms were well appointed with a flat screen TV and new furnishings (the whole hotel seems new). Bathroom was nice, large, and clean. The only thing the room did not have that I wanted was a microwave, but I did learn that this is not a common item in hotels in India. We wanted to have the microwave because we had brought a lot of food with us as we had heard many stories about people getting sick in India. We did take our canned food items down to the restaurant and they were happy to heat our food at no charge.

I didn't expect to eat at the restaurant, but I did have breakfast there each morning. I ate the bacon and fried potato items each day and did not get sick. It all tasted just fine and the restaurant manager reassured me that they know how to prepare foods so that westerners will not get sick. The buffet had about a dozen hot items, lots of fruit, and an egg station where they would cook your eggs to your liking.

Regarding the earlier reviews that said that this hotel is too far from New Delhi... it is somewhat true, but the traffic problem is in Delhi, not Gurgaon. Driving into the city is easy, the traffic jams are located inside the city. If you stay inside the city, you have to deal with the same traffic. I recommend hiring a car and driver, this is a necessity. Contrary to earlier reviews, this is not expensive... in fact, an AC car and driver for a 8 hour day is less than renting a car in most other cities. We had business meetings in the city each day. We used a private car and driver, and paid only $35 a day. I did not ask what the hotel's rate for this service was. And the tools on the road to New Delhi are inexpensive, less than $1 US each way.

An added benefit is that this hotel is outside the City and on the way to Taj Mahal. If you are planning to go to Agra to see the Taj Mahal, this location will save you time versus a hotel int he center of the city.

I mentioned that the hotel is an Oasis. It is. The neighborhood is fine for India, there are courthouses and businesses in the area. The hotel itself is guarded 24/7 by security, no car or person gets in from outside without being checked out first. This included our vehicle when we returned each day.

So long as the rates continue to be reasonable, I will stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business