“Nothing could be worse - HELLOTEL”

ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand
Ranked #18 of 253 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed November 2, 2010

The most shabby Hotel I have ever visited in my life , nothing but annoyance greets you from the time you step into this hellotel, that is exactly what it is, a far cry from being a limited services Hotel, bad attitude of the associates right from the security personnel stationed at the entrance , to the badly trained and groomed front desk associates. Who are at all times willing to charge your credit card even though you are not using any of their services , having already pre paid the room charges, food is terrble, got a stone in one of the dishes ordered, compensation for the same we wont charge you for the dinner , no body is looking at free bees, but on asking to meet the FNB manager no response stayed there for 2 nights , horrid bathroom , you can just about fit into the same, my god worse than a concentration camp , even at the time of checking out and spotting a manager no response no apologies , all the best to their success just because it is reasonable. Will never ever recommend or step into this HELLOTEL

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
ibis1, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2010

Dear Guest,Thank you for staying at ibis Gurgaon and for your comments.
This feedback has been discussed internally and it is very distressing for me personally to learn about your experience. Please be assured that poor guest experience such as below is not the norm at Ibis Gurgaon.
Ibis Gurgaon is rated reasonably high in service through our own internal satisfaction measurement tools and also by external resource providers. I would be personally addressing the issues mentioned by you in your feedback.
Sir, please let me assure you that ibis Gurgaon takes this feedback seriously. Any feedback, allows us to critically examine our product and service delivery. Being a global brand, hygiene, safety, security and comfort are our highest priorities. It is our promise to offer value for money in the over all package. Warm Regards Suresh Subramaniam General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed October 21, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights while traveling to Delhi on work. The hotel is located around 20 mins drive from the Delhi Airport and true to its claim it was value for money last minute accomodation in Gurgaon. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. However there is no room service concept as it is a budget hotel. Highly recommended for short stay business travelers.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
ibis1, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

Dear Guest, Thank you for your constructive feedback Trip Advisor. My team and I are delighted to have such a great feedback from you. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis, Gurgaon. Warm regards Suresh Subramaniam General Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2010

I Stayed a Hotel IBIS gurgaon for 5 days......everything was very well managed in the hotel.....The bar was cozy and quite comfortable with staff being very cooperative....The only nuisance in this Hotel is of the Indigo airlines staff....Most of the time one sees airhostesses checking in and checking out and creating loads of noise in the dining area....

As this hotel is owned by accor group which also owns Indigo Airlines no one from the staff utters a single word of caution to the aur hostesses.....Accor group shld understand apart from their staff there are other guests staying with them...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest, We are delighted that you enjoyed the ambience and the service. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis, Gurgaon. Warm regards Suresh Subramaniam General Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2010

I have to say I have mixed feelings about this one. Where on one hand the hotel itself was clean, comfortable, conveniently located if you need to be in Gurgaon, all in all good value for the price. On the other hand, some of the staff and their idea of "room service" leaves a lot to be desired. Because I wasn't feeling so well, we decided to order room service rather than going down to the restaurant for dinner. BIG MISTAKE!! I may be overreacting about it, but if I order food in a hotel, from their room service menu, I expect to have my food come on real plates with real silverware! The food tasted good enough, but it came in aluminum and foil take away containers, covered in cling wrap, in a big plastic bag and plastic forks and spoons. When I called down to ask if a mistake had been made, the not-so-nice lady arrogantly told me that this was the way they serve their room service menu! I tried to be understanding of their so called concept and asked for some plates and real cutlery, and some napkins, but was again informed that they dd not have plates for room service or any cutlery that they could send up, but they would happily send me some paper plates and paper napkins.

I like the Ibis chain, and I would stay at this one again, but a word of caution to anyone considering the same: Please just go down to the restaurant to eat!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, We are delighted that you enjoyed the ambience. As a hotel we are committed to providing comprehensive support to business travelers and other guests during their stay with us.
This is to inform you that ibis hotel is not a full service property. We do not offer room service and we also do not offer porter age services and delivery of goods into the room. Being a global brand, hygiene, safety, security and comfort are our highest priorities. It is our promise to offer value for money in the over all package these frills allow us to keep our room rates substantially lower and pass on this benefit directly to our corporate guests and in turn translating this into lower travel spend and increase in bottom-line for their organizations. Looking forward to welcoming you back again. Warm regards Suresh Subramaniam General Manager

Reviewed October 13, 2010

this is nice no nonsense hotel. nice people,good ambience and rooms. food very good and reasonably priced ideal for business travellers as wifi is free in the hotel 8i have stayed here before many times and would like to stay here every time

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
ibis1, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

Dear Guest, Thank you for your constructive feedback on Trip Advisor. My team and I are delighted to have such great feedback from you and to have our efforts recognized in this manner. We are also delighted that you enjoyed the ambience and food.Looking forward to welcoming you back again. Warm regards Suresh Subramaniam General Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Ibis Hotel as part of a 12 day India tour that we booked though Gate 1 Travel and we were only there for 2 hours… We arrived at 6:30 in the evening and then headed back to the airport at 8:30 for our flight home. Therefore my experience is limited to the location of the hotel and the room.
For starters this hotel is NOT in New Delhi; in fact is in a different state altogether. That being said, had the hotel been in the busy part of Gurgaon {where the call centers and malls are} this wouldn’t have been a problem, but the hotel feels like it’s in the middle of nowhere. To top it off, it took us an hour to get here from the domestic airport and it took us two hours to go to the international airport.
Since there was nothing to do, we went to the spa attached to the hotel only to walk out because their prices were insane; especially when you consider that this hotel was in the middle of nowhere.
As for the room, it was a small clean room with a comfortable mattress (at least to rest on). The bathroom on the other hand was odd. I’ve previously stayed at an Ibis in Ghent (Belgium) so I know they have small bathrooms, but this one seemed like it was preassembled and dropped into the room like a pod. It even had a step to get into it.
Lastly, this hotel appeared to be the place that airlines get for their pilots and flight attendants as we saw many of them upon check-in and check-out.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
ibis1, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2010

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Ibis Gurgaon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Warm regards
Suresh Subramaniam

Reviewed October 1, 2010

This is the worst hotel i stayed ever in.
The receptionist took half an hour for the checkin.
The security guys didnt even bother to frisk me.
The room was so small.No kitchen in room.
The view was pathetic(Hotel adjacent to slum)
The construction quality was bad.
The Elevator sucked.It needed Room key for activation.
Food is very expensive.The staff was not professional and not cultured.Internet was very expensive too.
I was charged even for the printout of boarding pass.Bad i would never choose to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank prajinda
ibis1, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2010

Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Ibis Gurgaon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us oppurtunity to serve you better in future.Warm regards Suresh Subramaniam General Manager