“Nice buffet, good food (especially breakfast)...poor rooms.”

ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand
Ranked #20 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
London, United Kingdom
“Nice buffet, good food (especially breakfast)...poor rooms.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

As everyone may know, most of India (if not all of it) faces severe power shortages during summers. This year, it was even worse in the National Capital Region (NCR, which comprises of New Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida). I stayed in this hotel for 2 full weeks in June 2014, the HOTTEST time of the year, when the average day temperature is around 42C, and goes up to 49C for 2-3 days !
Because of this hot weather and power shortage, the hotel's air-conditioning struggles to cool the room and common areas...and it keeps tripping very often as it switches from regular power to generator (whenever the power goes). Hence, I had a tough time sleeping. I must say that this situation improved towards the last 5-6 days of my stay, but the first week of horrendous, and I could manage just 3-4 hours of proper sleep. I presume the situation may be much better during the other months (avoid May/June if possible).
There is a flat-TV (new Samsung ones) in all rooms. However, the number of channels is woefully limited to 2 or 3 news channels and 1 or 2 other channels. None of the big channels (especially sports) were available. So in short, the TV experience was almost zero.
The bathroom is too small, its like a modular bathroom fitted into the room.
My room was on the 2nd floor, the 'smoking room floor' and there was a constant stench of burnt out cigarettes. I guess by the second week, I got used it !
Service, like most hotels in India, is very good. The quality + variety of the breakfast and dinner buffets (I had lunch at office) were great. The house keeping and the quality of laundry (iron/wash/dry clean) were also good and relatively reasonably priced.
The hotel has a travel desk and can arrange pick-ups and drops when booked in advance.
There is a bar next to the restaurant which can seat around 20+ people but I didn't get any opportunity to visit it.

I was a solo traveller on business and stay for 2 weeks in June 2014.

Room Tip: Avoid the floor where the smoking rooms are.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our guests’ satisfaction is paramount for us and we endeavour to consistently provide high level of services for our valuable guests.

We truly regret the inconvenience caused to you because of the air conditioning in your room. Gurgaon unfortunately experiences rather frequent power cuts; however the hotel operates with instant power back to ensure minimum inconvenience to our guests.

We have carefully selected our bouquet of channels after conducting extensive guest surveys. Further on the basis of the feedback received, we have recently added quite some channels preferred by our valued guests.

We also thank you for your kind appreciation of the hotel’s service, upkeep and value for money offering. Feedback from esteemed guests like you inspires us to strive further towards excellence and we do look forward to more opportunities to serve you better in the future.

Ravi Khubchandani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Indonesian first

Price of Food - Too High
Cost to Benefit for Food - Very Poor
Bar - Understaffed
Reception - Understaffed
Rooms - Too small (when compared to other business hotels - like ginger)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our guests’ satisfaction is paramount for us and we deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us.

I’m rigorously following up with my team on the concerns raised by you to ensure immediate rectification.

I understand that any explanation cannot completely erase the unsatisfying experience you have been through, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better and regain your confidence in ibis Gurgaon.

Pune, India
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was my first stay in this hotel and I would say I am never visited such a worse hotel in my life where each and every thing is below average.

WiFi: Terrible. Connection is not at all stable. Not expected from business hotel and please stop advertising FREE WIFI as it’s totally useless.
Food : Pathetic. The Breakfast/dinner spread was quite a long with many items but most of the food items are test less. Menu was almost same every day. Wonder how can they make same items everyday…
AC: Useless. AC is centralized and I was literally sweating in the room even after setting temperature to 16.
TV : Boring. Very few TV channels. (<50). Not even having popular entertainment channels.
Fridge : Fridge OR HOT BOX. Fridge was hot from inside !!! 
Laundry : Not up to the mark considering charges. Very expensive. Very high taxes on laundry. Required reminders to get back laundry.

The only thing which was good is specious lobby at the entrance and that all..

1 Thank Maheshwankhede
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is with sincere regret I note your dissatisfaction with our service & facilities and I truly apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I have taken careful note of your feedback about the AC, Fridge and Wifi; the same has been discussed with Chief Engineer and IT Manager and has been resolved to ensure that none of our future guests are inconvenienced because of such issues.

We have carefully selected our bouquet of channels after conducting extensive surveys with our valued guests. On the basis of the feedback received from our esteemed guests, we have recently added wide range of entertainment/ TV channels to cater even better to our guests’ needs.

We offer extensive buffets with a good mix of Indian, European & Oriental options during all mean periods. Further, we change the menu items during meal periods and days ensuring variation and palatability for our short and long staying guests. Nonetheless, your thoughts about our buffet offer have been sincerely received and we will strive harder so that all our guests continue to appreciate and enjoy our buffet meals.

Conscious that any explanation cannot completely erase the unsatisfying experience you have been through; I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Warm Regards
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for long time but this time was the worst. I booked through web & during checkin the front office did not take pre authorization for expenses & it was embarassing when the guys used to ask for INR or card for every service. Cheap level of service & i do not want to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Most of the things at hotel are broken atleast in the room.
Dear Guest,

I can assure you that your experience was certainly not reflective of our usual standards of service. I’m following up with the team on the concerns raised by you to ensure that they are addressed and rectified immediately

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hotel is at a perfect location in Gurgaon, economical, clean and good breakfast. Autoricshaws are available at the entrance. Groceries and shopping mall is adjacent.

Staff are very friendly and professional. Always greet in the floor and lobbies. Will surely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your kind appreciation about team's professionalism and friendliness will encourage us to consistently provide warm and professional services to our valuable guests.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Gurgaon.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Nice hotel. I liked the interior of rooms and bathoom was clean and dry as well. The only thing i did not like is there was no help for luggage as this is self service hotel. But overall rooms and bathrooms were top quality. Location is perfect as its right on main road and not in some side road etc. Overall this is good hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank raj1972new
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind appreciation about our hotel, the location and the services offered.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Gurgaon.