“Not Worth it” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road

ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road
Ranked #26 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Kingsville, Canada
“Not Worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and was not impressed. Rooms are very small and there is a damp smell in the room almost smelled like urine. No room for large suitcase other than on the only bench seat in the room. Safe was too small to lock notebook computer and was not bolted down, so seemed pointless. Wanted a pizza from right next door and staff would not provide any assistance in favor of their restaurant. Food was not that good and there wasn't much of a selection. I've stayed in better hotels in India and would not stay here again.

1 Thank Dreamon21_27
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that during your last visit our service standards were not up to your expectations.

Our rooms are standard globally and have been designed after extensive market survey, ensuring maximum utilization of available space. This allows us to offer rooms to our guests at very competitive prices as compared to similar hotels in the city.

We have taken careful note of your feedback on issues highlighted by you. I can assure you that your experience was certainly not reflective of our usual standards of service and I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I am rigorously following up with my team on the concerns raised by you. We request you to provide us with another opportunity to serve you better

Ravi Khubchandani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Strategically located on the main golf course road. Well connected to most of the places. Nice food. Clean rooms and good customer services. Well suited for business travellers.

The hotel is good for people visiting Gurgaon places like Cyber city, IFFCO chowk, Sikandar Pur areas, or even Sohna Road.

Room Tip: Don't take taxi service from the hotel. It is too expensive and even a short distance of less th...
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and rated us a 'value for money' hotel.

Your kind appreciation has been shared with the team and it will indeed motivate us to consistently strive towards excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Gurgaon for more pleasant stays.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here only for one night (was planned for six nights, but then changed to another hotel.)

Where should I start?
Room is real small and have sort of unpleasant smell.
WiFi is terrible. Connection is not at all stable.
Had ordered hamburger and orange juice for snack. The staff forgot to put meat on the burger. And even forget to bring the orange juice. Forget how it would tasted.
Power breakout several times in a day.

Breakfast is seems to be acceptable though.

Dear Guest,

Our rooms and bathrooms are designed after extensive market surveys with the intention of best utilization of space. This allows us to deliver our promise of “wellbeing at the best price” with very competitively priced rooms.

We encountered unpredictable technical issues with our Wi-Fi routers during your stay period and we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. Understanding the importance of internet connectivity and further to your feedback we have upgraded our services to ensure that our guest enjoy seamless internet connectivity at the hotel.

Further to your feedback about the issues experienced by you, we have introduced strong corrective and training measures to ensure that our guests’ stays with us are most pleasant.

Conscious that any explanation cannot completely erase the unsatisfying experience you have been through; I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better and regain your confidence in ibis Gurgaon.

Travelers are raving about these Gurugram (Gurgaon) hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had been to Delhi for a business cum leisure trip. I stayed at IBIS Hotel in Gurgaon. The architecture was really beautiful. The rooms were spacious and well maintained. I must say their hospitality services are very good. They do not give their patrons any chance of complaining. They have a golf course and fitness centre which was great unwinding. I could manage my work perfectly, thanks to their uninterrupted internet connections and Wi-Fi facilities. I had a great stay at the hotel and I am eagerly looking forward to visiting them soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that the hotel and its services exceeded your expectations. Your positive feedback has been shared with the team and it will certainly act as a source of motivation for us.

The team at ibis Gurgaon looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Siliguri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

A perfect place for single business travelers, though small rooms but very cosy at the same time, wash room is modular but not bad, but the wash room water lines are always choked just always, it needs a serious attention. I will always prefer IBIS hotel wherever available.

Good restaurant and equally great food at the buffet and not to forget, very co-operative and helpful staff.

I am looking forward to the opening of the Delhi T# terminal IBIS opening.

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to Team Ibis Gurgaon for excellent services,

Vicky

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you liked the hotel and our services. Your positive feedback has been shared with the team and it will certainly act as a source of motivation for us.

Our room and bathroom sizes are standard globally and have been designed after extensive market survey, ensuring maximum utilization of available space. This allows us to offer rooms to our guests at very competitive prices as compared to similar hotels in the city.

We have taken a careful note of your feedback pertaining to drainage issue and we have initiated the process to ensure complete rectification of the same.

Warm regards,
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

1. The room size, and of course the bathroom size, are very very small with no place to even keep your big suitcase. Not worth the tariff. I am sure one can get much better hotels for the price I had to pay.
2. The internet service of the hotel sucks. I had to check out early and go to another hotel because of non-functional internet. From the very first day of my arrival (Saturday, Aug 10th, early morning) till I was forced to leave the hotel on Aug 13th, I could not avail of the Internet facility. The WiFi was worst than the vintage dial-up and LAN jack was not working in my room. I was requesting/complaining every now and then and the front desk staff / hotel manager were sending the IT technician, escalated to IT supervisor later, who were only available during the business hours to my room. After IT guys 5 such visits of one/two hours each and my patience running out, they advised me to change the room on Aug 13th. Though my booking was for a longer stay, I had to check out and look for better alternative. I got a much better and upgraded hotel at a lessor price.
3. The staff though was courteous but very non adjusting. Yes, they informed me that we have been getting complaint of Internet from many travelers in the few months and need to change our IT provider which is using obsolete equipment. What are they waiting for?
4. Though the hotel had explicit information of my arrival between 4 to 5 am in the morning, the front desk had no such information and had to make me wait for a long time during check in.
5. If you are carrying heavy suitcases you are in a little trouble as the hotel is self service and you need to carry these yourself to your room.
6. The only plus point is hotel's lovely buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask them if the LAN socket in the room is working as the WI-FI will hang and not be available whole...
2 Thank colvipin
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your valuable feedback on our product and services. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service & facilities and truly apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We encountered unpredictable technical issues with our Wi-Fi routers during your stay period and we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. Understanding the importance of connectivity and further to your feedback we have upgraded our services to ensure that our guest enjoy seamless connectivity at the hotel.

Being an economy hotel it is our constant endeavour to keep our costs low and pass on the benefits to our valued guests. With this very intention we do not offer porter services at the hotel; however for our guests’ convenience we do have trolleys available at the reception.

I am rigorously following up with my team on issues highlighted by you, and will ensure that our guests stays with us are most pleasant.

Warm regards,