1. The room size, and of course the bathroom size, are very very small with no place to even keep your big suitcase. Not worth the tariff. I am sure one can get much better hotels for the price I had to pay.
2. The internet service of the hotel sucks. I had to check out early and go to another hotel because of non-functional internet. From the very first day of my arrival (Saturday, Aug 10th, early morning) till I was forced to leave the hotel on Aug 13th, I could not avail of the Internet facility. The WiFi was worst than the vintage dial-up and LAN jack was not working in my room. I was requesting/complaining every now and then and the front desk staff / hotel manager were sending the IT technician, escalated to IT supervisor later, who were only available during the business hours to my room. After IT guys 5 such visits of one/two hours each and my patience running out, they advised me to change the room on Aug 13th. Though my booking was for a longer stay, I had to check out and look for better alternative. I got a much better and upgraded hotel at a lessor price.
3. The staff though was courteous but very non adjusting. Yes, they informed me that we have been getting complaint of Internet from many travelers in the few months and need to change our IT provider which is using obsolete equipment. What are they waiting for?
4. Though the hotel had explicit information of my arrival between 4 to 5 am in the morning, the front desk had no such information and had to make me wait for a long time during check in.
5. If you are carrying heavy suitcases you are in a little trouble as the hotel is self service and you need to carry these yourself to your room.
6. The only plus point is hotel's lovely buffet breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Economy hotel for business and leisure With sector 53-54 rapid metro station next to the hotel, ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road is just 11 minutes to Cyber City. It is the most convenient base for all travelers with T1 & T3 airport terminals 15 Kms away. This economy hotel in Gurugram is a short drive away from buzzing shopping hubs of - South Point mall, DT Mega mall, Paras Downtown and 6 mins away from M.G Road and Sikandarpur stations. With easy access to Faridabad road, it's a 15-min drive from TATA Consulting Services in Gwal Pahari. With corporate parks like The Executive Centre at One Horizon Center, American Express and Genpact in the same vicinity, it is going to be the closest hotel to Cyber City, being just 11 min away via the express metro line. It is close to Sohna Road and some of the leading-edge hospitals of the city like Alchemist Hospital, Fortis Memorial Research Institute (opposite Huda Centre Metro Station), Paras Hospital, Medanta – The Medicity, Artemis & PrimaMed Super Specialty Hospital. The hotel also welcomes you with a plethora of dining and entertainment pit-stops nearby like the DT Cinema, Cyber Hub, Kingdom Of Dreams Arts Centre, The Oyster Amusement Park, breweries & the DLF Golf & Country Club – one of the most prestigious golf clubs’ in India. Features: The hotel features state-of-the-art meeting spaces that can accommodate over 70 delegates and a well-equipped gymnasium. Be it light bites or sumptuous spreads, Spice it – our multi-cuisine restaurant offers it all where you create, we cook! In-room: The 214 well-designed rooms feature high-speed free Wi-Fi, LED TV; black out curtains, safe deposit and tea and coffee amenities along with a mini fridge – dedicated to your comfort. Our bathrooms are well-fitted with health faucets and shower cubicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Hotel Gurgaon