“This Hotel is not meant for international travelers.”

ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand
Ranked #20 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Houston, Texas
“This Hotel is not meant for international travelers.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

1. The room size, and of course the bathroom size, are very very small with no place to even keep your big suitcase. Not worth the tariff. I am sure one can get much better hotels for the price I had to pay.
2. The internet service of the hotel sucks. I had to check out early and go to another hotel because of non-functional internet. From the very first day of my arrival (Saturday, Aug 10th, early morning) till I was forced to leave the hotel on Aug 13th, I could not avail of the Internet facility. The WiFi was worst than the vintage dial-up and LAN jack was not working in my room. I was requesting/complaining every now and then and the front desk staff / hotel manager were sending the IT technician, escalated to IT supervisor later, who were only available during the business hours to my room. After IT guys 5 such visits of one/two hours each and my patience running out, they advised me to change the room on Aug 13th. Though my booking was for a longer stay, I had to check out and look for better alternative. I got a much better and upgraded hotel at a lessor price.
3. The staff though was courteous but very non adjusting. Yes, they informed me that we have been getting complaint of Internet from many travelers in the few months and need to change our IT provider which is using obsolete equipment. What are they waiting for?
4. Though the hotel had explicit information of my arrival between 4 to 5 am in the morning, the front desk had no such information and had to make me wait for a long time during check in.
5. If you are carrying heavy suitcases you are in a little trouble as the hotel is self service and you need to carry these yourself to your room.
6. The only plus point is hotel's lovely buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask them if the LAN socket in the room is working as the WI-FI will hang and not be available whole...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank colvipin
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your valuable feedback on our product and services. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service & facilities and truly apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Our room and bathroom sizes are standard globally and have been designed after extensive market survey, ensuring maximum utilization of available space. This allows us to offer rooms to our guests at very competitive prices as compared to similar hotels in the city.

We encountered unpredictable technical issues with our Wi-Fi routers during your stay period and we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. Understanding the importance of connectivity and further to your feedback we have upgraded our services to ensure that our guest enjoy seamless connectivity at the hotel.

Being an economy hotel it is our constant endeavour to keep our costs low and pass on the benefits to our valued guests. With this very intention we do not offer porter services at the hotel; however for our guests’ convenience we do have trolleys available at the reception.

I am rigorously following up with my team on issues highlighted by you, and will ensure that our guests stays with us are most pleasant.

Conscious that any explanation cannot completely erase the unsatisfying experience you have been through; I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better and regain your confidence in ibis Gurgaon.

Ravi Khubchandani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Pune
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spent two nights in this no-frills hotel with studio-apartment-like compact (slightly claustrophobic) rooms. There were frequent blackouts; but power supply was quickly restored. The tiny basin in the bathroom was choked and had to be repaired. The key card was defective and I got locked out till the staff supplied me with another card which too did not seem to work for a while, giving me anxious moments. The air-conditioning in the dining area could have been better. The free internet facility (via desktops on the ground floor) functioned erratically. The food was OK.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that during your last visit we were unable to deliver the service standards that we consistently offer to our valued guests.

Ibis globally is known to be a value for money product and our rooms and bathrooms have been designed after extensive market surveys and with an intention of best utilization of space. This in turn allows us to offer rooms to our guests at a very competitive price.

We have taken your feedback on board and please rest assured I am following up with my team to ensure immediate rectification of the issues highlighted by you.

I do hope that you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for just one night last weekend, and this was my first stay at an ibis. (I stopped by for a night here, while in transit.)

It clearly exceeded my expectations – the hotel location is good (on the main road, close to a couple of malls / watering holes & eateries), the lobby area was fairly large, and the room was bigger than I expected. The washroom was smallish, but alright & functional. I took a few pictures – those are attached.

Breakfast, which was complimentary with the room, was good with enough choices. The room was neat, and while I have noticed some complaints here (in posts by other reviewers) about the air-conditioning, my experience was fine enough.

For those who would like to dine out, there is a Mall almost next door (exit the hotel and turn left) with restaurants including a KFC, and even a pub (with a good mix of locals and expats there).

A quick note on getting around: Gurgaon is notorious for lack of public transport or cabs, so it may be a good idea to hire a car for the period you are there. Am not sure if the hotel provides/arranges for one – I rented one from another source. The airport is not too far from the hotel but on weekdays, traffic can be bad – so keep some buffer time and hire a cab in advance.

All in all, a decent hotel for its price. Good for business travelers, and even for non-fussy leisure travelers like me making a brief transit stop in India’s NCR (national capital region, consisting of Gurgaon, New Delhi, and Noida).
_______

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have better views :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Abhi0809
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel and our services exceeded your expectations.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team and it will indeed act as a source of motivation for everyone.

We do have an in-house fleet of cars at very affordable rates to cater to the requirements of our valued guests.

The team at ibis Gurgaon looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Attentive staff.But had chicken chettinad and fish from the buffet which was pathetic.Chicken was much more like mutton rogan josh and fish was not cooked properly.I will not come back had a bad experience with food.Need explanations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I truly regret that the food was not upto your liking and I sincerely apologise for he same. I can assure you that your experience was certainly not reflective our usually high standards.

I have shared your feedback with the Executive Chef, and we have introduced strong corrective trainings to ensue that our guests’ continue to have great dining experiences with us.

Once again I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Overall the stay was pleasure except the reception counter do not always met the 15 mins slogan which Ibis stated.The food wise do not have much choice and the bar is always closed which is inconvenience if there is a business discussion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Manggon
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and it is indeed a pleasure to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Our “15 Minutes satisfaction guarantee” is our brand promise to ensure that our guest issues are addressed and rectified within 15 minutes.

Further to your feedback we have revisited our trainings and have taken corrective measures to ensure that guests’ requests are handled more professionally.

Our food options are designed on the basis of feedbacks received from our valued guests over the years. Our buffet comprises of wide range of Indian, Continental and Oriental options for all meal periods. Nonetheless, we will surely revisit our menus and will strive to improve further.

Apart from our bar, we have dedicated meeting space for business meets. Our ‘web-corner’, with complimentary internet and computer access for in house guests, also offers our business clientele with space for discussions and meetings.

We sincerely thank you for your patronage and truly hope that your future visits will be even more pleasant.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel has a good nice feel from the moment you enter. The staff is courteous, but the hotel lags behind just because of small negligences by the staff like damp on the walls and some unclean areas. One of the major problems faced was the non-proper working of AC whole day. The staff kept coming to try and fix it but had to change the room after 6 hrs. This is something that is not expected off ibis hotels. The location could have been better as transportation from hotel to CBD of gurgaon is not easy. The food menu should have more options. Altogether, it is a decent hotel if you are a single business traveller staying for one or two nights, but highly not recommended for families and large groups travelling together on a leisure trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank guru1012013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Our guests’ satisfaction is paramount for us and we endeavour to consistently provide high level of services to our valued guests. Your appreciation about our staff has been humbly received.

I have shared your feedback with the Chief Engineer on the effectiveness of the air conditioning and the same is being carefully looked at. We have taken necessary actions on the upkeep and cleanliness suggestions to ensure that our valued guests enjoy very pleasant stays with us.

Our buffet and ala carte menus offer a wide range of Indian, Continental and Oriental options for all meal periods. We regret that the choice available was not upto your expectation and we will certainly revisit or menus.

I can assure you that your experience was certainly not reflective of our usual standards of service and would request for an opportunity to welcome you back to showcase the true ibis hospitality.