“Hotel value for money vs Water”

ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand
Ranked #18 of 263 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed May 15, 2013

It has a good ambiance..reception area is spacious & good.. since it is value for money / low cost..dont expect better Service like luggage escort to room etc.. Also Water will be provided on request..sometimes you may be asked to go to restaurant & have it, which I felt is a little more expected from Guest. But yes in restaurant..the waiters specially Chandrakant & Sumit will surely make your day..I must say they are better than Receptionists to receive guests. They even help you in customized order & understand customer requirement to fulfill it.
One suggestion to IBIS is since it has branded itself as low cost..It should provide sufficient water in room for free. It is almost impractical to expect Guest limit itself to 1 liter per day!! In India esp as it is still a natural resource. I stayed last week in 525 & now in 612. 612 is better as toilet seat is at a better comfortable heights than 525, which means it is not standard in all room. But its worth staying IBIS.

Room Tip: Please check the toilet seat height before entering if your height is less /equal to 5.6 feet. Do no...
1  Thank vimsi
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at ibis Gurgaon and for appreciating the hotel’s ambience.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and further to your suggestion we have started keeping water for our valued guests at the reception desk.

I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service of our food and beverage team members and your kind words of appreciation will certainly be a source of motivation for them.

We look forward to your next visit to the hotel and will indeed try and make it more pleasant.

Ravi Khubchandani

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I went to had lunch there with my clients... bad experience started from welcome when they charged for Valet Parking Rs.100 out of vich Rs.50 is parking charges..... Have you ever heard the u r going for a meal in a restaurant n paying parking in their premises.... then it comes buffet items r very less n without any taste..

1  Thank Anuj K
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

Our guests’ satisfaction is paramount for us and we endeavour to consistently provide high level of services for our valuable guests. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you during your recent dining experience with us.

We offer complimentary parking for the guests staying or dining with us. However for our guests preferring valet service, we have the option available at a nominal charge of INR 100.

In keeping with our promise of offering “wellbeing at the best price”, we offer a competitively priced buffet with a wide range of Indian, Continental and Oriental options for all meal periods. We regret that the choice and taste of the buffet was not upto your expectation; we will surely revisit our buffet to ensure that our guests continue to enjoy their meals with us.

I do hope that you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Service standards seem to be improving and that is a real good sign. I wish there could be some better facility in the fitness room though...perhaps add some weights and get some anti skid exercise mats...they dont cost much.
I am a regular here but their frequency marketing program leaves a lot to be desired. To date I have never received a statement of points ever...
Hope I can see this change

1  Thank Snehal_Kulshreshtha

Dear Mr. Kulshreshtha,

Thank you for sharing your experience through Tripadvisor. All of us are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Gurgaon and we welcome your appreciation about the consistent improvement in our services.

It has always been our focus to provide consistently high quality service to our guests. Your valuable feedback helps us augment our service levels and we will indeed try and incorporate your suggestions wherever possible. We have organized a copy of your loyalty membership statement through our ‘Le Club’ team and have forwarded the same to your e-mail address.

I and my team are looking forward to welcoming you back for more enjoyable stays.

Ravi Khubchadani

Reviewed May 7, 2013

the best property to have your business meetings and to have a comfortable stay at the hotel. The hotel lacks in the food point else all is good. The staff is very friendly.The hotel price was equivalent to 3 start price but the services were as of a 5 star. The parking arrangement at the hotel is very poor and shabby.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RKhubchandani, General Manager at ibis Gurgaon Golf Course Road - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and rated us a 'value for money' hotel.

We have taken sincere note of your feedback about our food offering and parking arrangements and will review the same for immedite improvement.

Your kind appreciation about the team's freandliness has encouraged us to consistently provide warm and professional service to our valuable guests.

We look forward to more opportunities of welcoming you for our true ibis hospitality.

General Manger

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I originally wanted to book the Ibis at Delhi Airport, but as it was not open I booked here instead.

The hotel is about a 40 minute drive away from Delhi International Airport and a radio taxi costs about 600Rs (plus extra 66Rs for toll road) each way. The hotel did offer to arrange a taxi, but they wanted to charge 1500Rs!! Double of a normal taxi!!

Check in was very slow, I had to wait about 15 minutes to be served, there was only one person on reception, who was working very hard to check in another guest, answer phones, and deal with interruptions from delivery drivers!! He was trying his best!!

Once checked in I went to my room for a few hours sleep before my connecting flight. The room itself was clean and was arranged like any other Ibis around around the world. The best thing about the room was the bed!! It was so comfortable and had no problem falling asleep. The worst thing I would say was the towels in the bathroom, they were clean but had a grey tinge to them and it felt like I was rubbing my skin with sandpaper (suppose its great if you want to exfoliate!).

Didn't eat at the hotel, so cant comment.

I asked for a wake up call at 1.30am and I received it on time!

Check out was quick and efficient.

Overall I would consider staying here again if I needed to be in the Gurgaon area, but I feel it is a bit of a distance from the International Airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you would like to stay with us at ibis Gurgaon during your future visits to Gurgaon.

We have taken sincere note of your feedback on the speed of check in and other service issues. We assure you that we will review the areas of concern and work towards immediate rectification of the same.

Your positive sentiments have been communicated to the team and will indeed motivate the team to consistently strive towards excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Gurgaon for more pleasant stays.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed there for two nights with lots of others and were booked in there for a close friends sons wedding.The hotel is spankingly neat and the buffet breakfast was a very handsome layout.The rooms are small and there is virtually no room service-- it reminded us of the rooms we had on Super Star Virgo cruise as every bit of space was used to the maximum.The hotel is very strategically placed close to several upmarket malls and in the middle of golf course road.All in all it was a pleasant experience staying there and would go there again if I had to go stay in a hotel in Gurgaon without burning a hole in my pocket--(that is to say very affordable)!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank anshoobajaj

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to provide us invaluable feedback on Trip advisor regarding your stay at ibis Gurgaon.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by the team were to your satisfaction. Your feedback will indeed motivate the team to consistently strive towards excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Gurgaon and every endeavor will be made to ensure that ibis Gurgaon becomes your ‘home’ in Gurgaon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed in ibis gurgaon for 3 nights on a business trip, lovely hotel very bright and vibrant ambiance. Excellent customer service form all staff. Good food, good service truely Value for money product.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PuneRoadieeee

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that the hotel and its services exceeded your expectations. Your positive feedback has been shared with the team and it will certainly act as a source of motivation for us.

The team at ibis Gurgaon looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.