“The best you can possibly get.”
Review of Vistara

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The best flight experience which you can possible get in India. The Singapore airline vibe is definitely there. The food is great. The seat comfort is excellent. They have got these purple ambient lighting which looks wonderful.

Date of travel: May 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
JyotiD274, Guest Relations Manager at Vistara, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Malhotra, thank you for your kind appreciation. It delights us to know you enjoyed the inflight meal and had a comfort-filled journey! We look forward to welcoming you onboard again! #NotJustAnotherAirline

Write a reviewReviews (2,523)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Vistara is an excellent airline and part of the package is the on board meals. Their menu has always been selected with care to perfection so as to ensure a good experience. However the veg snack served during the last flight ( veg noodles) was a soggy tasteless mess . The fact that it was being served both surprised and disappointed me.

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

We reached India on Air India and had the WORST experience that left a bitter taste, therefore, making our first impression of India quite disappointing. Today we traveled through Vistara and we were so nervous thinking that we will be getting the same horrible treatment.

Happy to say that Vistara staff are a 1000 times more professional, courteous and approachable compared to the former airline.

We had a comfortable and happy trip and are in good spirits now

• Value for money
JyotiD274, Guest Relations Manager at Vistara, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2020

Dear Ms. Komal, thank you for your kind appreciation. We are glad to know you had a pleasant and comfort-filled journey with us! We look forward to welcoming you again with more memorable experiences. #NotJustAnotherAirline

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Am frequent flyer of Vistara since four years . This year 2020 on my birthday they gifted me
A UPGRADE Voucher .
Delhi lounge staff upgraded me to Business Class from Premium Economy Class .
The service at Delhi Airport was great and pleasant.
The journey was comfortable.
The Air Hostess Ms Priyanka was extremely devoted in taking good care of every passenger.

• Value for money

Dear Mr. Sairamn, thank you for the love! It greatly pleases us to know we have consistently enabled memorable travel experiences for you! Do share your flight details and sector flown, so we may convey your #VistaraLove to Priyanka. #NotJustAnotherAirline

Reviewed January 16, 2020

As a father of twin girls who are 10 year old, I want them to be independent and as an initial step towards that, I decided to send them to my sister’s place in Mumbai. I gave call to my cousin in Mumbai that I am planning to send girls alone via flight to Mumbai and about to book a flight either in Indigo or Spice jet. He recommended booking in Vistara as they are rated number one and girls would have a wonderful experience. Well going by the strong recommendation I decided to go ahead booking with Vistara and let my girls get pampered.

At the booking site, I couldn’t find an option of booking unaccompanied minor. I called their customer support for assistance and I was completely surprised by the solution I received. “Sir, there is no fare difference between the Child and Adult. So you can book in the adult and fill the form of unaccompanied minor and send them across by paying the fee of 2500 each.” I did not want to take a chance on this, but I dint want my girls to miss the premium experience of Vistara which was recommended by my cousin. So, I decided to reach out Vistara on twitter on 4th Jan 2020 where they replied me with the link to book the tickets with their young stars program. Again an Adult was mandatory and reached out to Vistara again on twitter and they arranged a call back to assist me in booking and the tickets were finally booked! But I wasn’t able to pay the unaccompanied fee due to reasons best known to them. I was pretty excited for my girls to experience the hospitality of Vistara.

The flight was on 11th Jan 2020 at 8:20 AM and we reached at HYD airport counter at 6 AM. At the counter the entire staff was clueless not only on they have unaccompanied minor scheduled to travel but also on the procedure. It took 40 mins for them to generate the boarding pass though all the forms in quadruplicate were made available to them along with tickets and id. Till then we all were standing in front of their counter. They took girls inside and asked us to come back again at 8:30 AM to take the form as they do not give the form now incase if the flight gets cancelled. I reached there at 8:30 but received the form at 8:50, as the staff was clueless again on procedure. I requested at the counter that I wish to make the fee payment of unaccompanied minor from BOM – HYD as suggested on twitter that both the payments can be made over airport counter. They were clueless and suggested that I make the payment either at BOM or over online thru customer care support.

Girls landed at BOM and were handed over to my cousin who was there to receive at the airport around 10:45. I was shocked that my girls were not offered a meal and one of my girl asked if they had to purchase the meal. I immediately called the customer care and enquired if my girls were entitled to get complementary meals on board to which they said yes and said they would enquire on what went wrong. I did not want to be prejudice till I get to know where the things went wrong. So, as suggested at airport to get the payment online for the unaccompanied minor from BOM –HYD, I requested if they could assist me with the same. The executive denied. I insisted please give me the same in writing or raise a complaint and share me the reference. He said he cannot do this even and I requested to transfer the call to the manager as I wanted to resolve this issue. The manager said that I need to write an email for the same then I asked them the basic question of having this customer care number. Since I was not satisfied the response and I had other priorities to attend, I asked for my reference I would like to record this call and asked the permission if I could. The manner I got the response post recording was completely different and positive. The complaint was also lodged and also got assurance of assisting me to make the payment.

I kept on following up on twitter for making the payment and at least make sure that the experience for my girls on the onward journey from BOM – HYD is pleasant and memorable.

On 13th Jan, I gave a final attempt to make the payment from my end for unaccompanied minor and reached Vistara thru twitter. This was basically for 2 reasons. 1) I did not want my sister to pay for this and 2) I wanted to make sure that the airport staff is aware that unaccompanied minors are travelling with them. I got a call from Vistara at 11:23 PM asking me on what assistance is required and I asked them to give me a call any time from 9 AM next day as I was already asleep. Nothing happens till 4:15 PM and I get a call from Vistara stating sorry Sir, we were unable to assist you to make the payment and the payment is done at the airport. I assumed my sister might have made the payment as they had reached the airport by that time.
I get a call from my sister at 5:48 PM saying that they have taken girls inside and informed me that they are staying though they have been asked to leave. I enquired if they got a copy of form they submitted and payment acknowledgement which she denied and said that they said the payment has already been received. We both were confused as neither of us had made the payment. I asked her to stay at the airport till you get the form signed which you submitted.

I reached out to Vistara on twitter to contact me immediately. I got a call and explained them that neither of us have made payment and no acknowledgement of girls been given while they are taken inside. At 6:03 PM I get a call from my sister that now that are asking for payment and she is able to see the girls standing in the airport all alone! My sister again calls me at 7:20 PM that she finally received the acknowledgement and the girls have boarded the flight and she insisted to raise a complaint as the entire process is in mess.

Girls arrived safely at Hyd. And I enquired on what all they did in BOM and airport. Here is their experience with Vistara!

“While going to Mumbai, the support staff was really good and friendly. We were the last one to board the flight and since we were given out seats in the 3rd last row of the flight we fell asleep, probably that’s why we were not served the food. We were pretty hungry as we were last to get down from the flight and it was a pretty long morning for us. While come back to Hyderbad, it was good that we were early to airport. We were taken inside by an uncle who just kept on telling us 2 mins and all of a sudden he vanished and one aunty came and took us for check in. During check in she asked if the payment is done and we were clueless as we are not aware of this. Then she called Fui (Aunt) to make the payment then the aunty made us go thru all the process and this time we got seats in front and were among the 1st to get meals. The meals were not so great it was like puff, so I just ate the outer layer and asked for coffee since we were hungry, but coffee was black so dint like the taste and then we opened the boxes we got to eat. Upon arrival we had to take the bags ourselves from the belt but in Mumbai one uncle helped us with baggage.”

To Sum up:
Vistara doesn’t care for kids/minors as they are not decision makers in choosing the airline. They are pathetic in handling kids and providing them with wow experience. Kids/Minors are least priority for them. I should have understood this while booking the tickets as they do not support unaccompanied minors as other airline do on their website. I paid more than 50% of the entire ticket cost to Vistara for this experience apart from 20% premium for choosing them over other airlines. But I thank Vistara for what all has happened, from parents point of view this turned my little girls in to young matured girls who can now control their feelings when things are not going the way they expected. They can resist hunger and stand tall all alone in patience in an unfamiliar location waiting for things to fall in place without panicking!

Thank you Vistara, this would not have possible if you had proper system and SOP’s in place.

• Check-in and boarding
JyotiD274, Customer Relations at Vistara, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear Mr. Bhimani, We are truly apologetic to note the experience you had. Our endeavour has always been to provide the best experience to our customers and this was never intended to happen. Please rest assured your feedback is duly noted and shared internally with the concerned teams for corrective measures and staff briefing. Thanks.