Tripadvisor
Vadodara
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews azure restaurant ball room wedding reception liquor shop railway station special thanks business trip room service get together amazing food front office staff value for money banquet hall the hotel staff excellent hotel quality of food home away from home
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Organized birthday party for my 1 year old at their Royal banquet. Overall experience was fantastic - room quality, ambience, food, service...everything was top notch. Could not have asked for more. Punam Kumari helped us set it up all. She was very professional and did what she said would do. Thanks!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Pramod D, General Manager at Grand Mercure Vadodara Surya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Feedback and insights from our guests encourage and help us in our continued pursuit of exceeding guest expectation and achieving excellence – we cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your recognition means the world to our people.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us - we look forward to welcoming you back at Grand Mercure Vadodara Surya Palace.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We planned a wedding function at Grand Mercure Surya Palace ( Crystal & Syndicate Room) in January 2020. It was an absolutely professional and competent Team who looked after and organised the logistics and smooth functioning of this event. The Team of Punam Kumari, Alpa Prajapati , Kuldeep Sharma, and others did their best to make our function a grand success . Not only the arrangements were perfect , the staff attitude and support was excellent too. The food arrangements and the menu and delicacies were appreciated by one and all there.

Date of stay: January 2020

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I stayed on 23 rd December 2019 in room no 1610 . my diamond ring worth 1.5 lac was stolen from inside the room . The hotel management without further investigating just denied the theft. There was no effort taken to call the attendant for investigation or check floor video camera footage despite repeated requests from me and my wife..The House keeping manager Mr Sunil was even hesitant to call the cops to investigate .We finally had to inform Sayaji Ganj police next day who immediately helped us investigate the case and accepting the fact that it was stolen from my room. The house keeping guys panicked hen cops entered the hotel and Made us wait for 20 mins . Instead of further investigating the Mr Sunil informed the cops that I had purchased liquor officially a day before from the hotel store and might have dropped it after consuming the same previous night ...Is that you would like to hear from senior hotel manager when you have lost your high value wedding ring which hold so much emotional attachment!!! I hope these guys to understand empathy towards customer who lose valuables within their premise.

I strongly believe that there is a nexus between the housekeeping manager and the housekeeping staff who do such thefts of high value items within the hotel . I hve raised this on social media and later got to know that there are many such thefts occurred in the same hotel but no action taken as most of them don’t report. I strongly encourage you to post such incidences on social media And also report it at the nearby police station as these cops are very proactive and helpful to Investigate your complaint. you might not be able to recover your valuable loss but atleast warn others and also the hotel GM and higher management of such thefts inside one of the top rated hotels in Baroda. The hotel has never bothered to reach out to me with any further update on their internal investigation .

Please reach out to me if you have also experience such thefts at hotel Grand mercury Vadodara.

I am a regular traveller with almost two to three days weekly stay at Accor group hotels accross since last 18 years with even many Hotel GMs of Accor group keeping a personal connect . I donot have any issue with any of other Accor group hotels and had such an experience for the first time !!! Hopefully the last

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Parags7
Reviewed January 7, 2020

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed January 5, 2020

We decided to get married at Surya Palace and it was the best decision ever. From Food to hospitality to decor, everything was planned meticulously by the Surya Palace team. Binaufer Gai M'am, Karuna Advani and Mr Nilesh specifically took care that we face no trouble during our 2 day stay at the hotel. Three cheers to the team that took all our pains and worries with a smiling face. Keep up the good work. Many many thanks for giving us such a smooth wedding.

Trip type: Traveled with family