Welcomhotel Vadodara
Hotel Casa(Vadodara)(Great Value!)
$38
$26
Priceline
Aum Health Resort(Vadodara)(Great Value!)
$46
$31
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewspeshawari restaurantdal bukharaitc hotelwelcom hotelno elevatorbusiness tripindian foodwine shopswimming poolhis teamspecial thanksin room diningrooms are comfortablefront officethe hotel staffamazing foodthe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is my 4th stay in a matter of 3 months in this hotel and every time I hope that the next time would be better but alas. In my first visit I had organized a hotel pickup from the airport. The driver was nowhere to be seen. After calling the hotel and after 15 minutes he emerges from somewhere and on asking why wasn't he around he snapped back that he was there but it was my problem that I could not spot him. Even after complaining to the lobby manager of this rude behavior I am not sure any action was taken.
The gym equipment does not work well and there is a boorish staff who chases you out at 8:30pm. And it is cramped to say the least.
Being a Club ITC Gold member I had been giving my number dutifully for updating but on checking the account none of my stays were getting updated. The front office has no clue as to what they are upto.
This place reminds you of a Government department (maybe not Gujarat govt. :)
Manoj Gupta

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
WELCOMHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Welcomhotel Vadodara, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greeting From WelcomHotel Vadodara!!

We were most concerned to learn about your dissatisfaction with the service during your stay with us. We apologize that we were not able to live up to the standards that we strive to accomplish.

We do take ownership for the lapse in service and assure you that greater care will be taken to avoid such incidents in future.

Each area of concern about your stay experience is investigated in depth and necessary corrective actions are being implemented.

Request you to treat this experience as an aberration and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on two occasions in late March. The hotel did not have either reservation, even though I had a confirmation number. During the first stay, I tried to sort out the second stay...but could not actually get anyone to follow up on my requests. It took three days of hearing, "We will correct this, give us 10 minutes", over and over again. My company ended up contacting the hotel chain HQ in Mumbai to finally get confirmation. Very annoying.

OK...so not all bad. I was pleased with the room quality, temperature control, and cleanliness. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. I truly enjoyed interacting with the wait staff and certain folks at the front desk (Trupti). The waiters were very intent on helping me try new foods once they realized I enjoyed Indian food. Both the buffet and the restaurant served excellent food of high quality. No intestinal issues here! I also enjoyed the evening music on certain nights.

I hired a driver for airport pickups and local area tours. I was in very good hands and the rates were reasonable. I required laundry and sewing services, staff was very helpful and did an amazing job fixing a large tear in my clothing.

The only other hiccup I had was in the gift store. I bought several items, my transaction was approved by the bank, but the shop attendant (not the owner) kept insisting on my PIN number. I declined, then checked with the owner the next day to ensure there were no issues with the funds. It was a bit of a frustrating interaction.

Recommendations...clean the pool. It is nothing more that a bird bath. The gym is very, very basic.

Room Tip: Both rooms I had were facing the back (quiet) and were of similar design and quality.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WELCOMHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Welcomhotel Vadodara, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greeting From WelcomHotel Vadodara!!

We firmly believe that it is only through careful and effective analysis of constructive feedback from our guests, that we can identify areas of concern and institute necessary action.

We have taken cognizance of your feedback on Reservations & Gift shop dissonance and Gym.

Assuring our best services and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Regardless of the ambiance which is deceiving. The room quality was poor, air conditioning was not working (bearing in mind the outside temperature was 40+) when the room was changed the AC was just chugging away. The bedside cabinet socket was not working, so the maintenance person unscrewed and left it hanging on the wall. No attention to the health and safety at all. The reception staff initially had no knowledge of guest etiquette.

Room Tip: None!!!! especially the new wing. if you are a smoker, you may get a room where the A/C is not working. Do not unpack until you have checked all the amenities in the room are working.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
WELCOMHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Welcomhotel Vadodara, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from WelcomHotel Vadodara!!!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.

I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. At the outset I apologize on behalf of the hotel team.

The long interaction that we had with you during your stay regarding air conditioning and bedside socket are certainly not typical.

There cannot be any plausible explanation for the articulate point you have mentioned on reception staff in particular.

Before I urge you yet again to treat those as aberration, you will be happy to learn that the issues are taken up for investigation in depth and corrective actions are being implemented.

Still, it would be only fair to assume on your part that this is the level of service which can be associated with us... However, I assure you that this is definitely not the case and you shall visibly note the difference on your next stay with us. Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel and meet you in person...

With Best Regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a great hotel...modern and inviting, with a courteous and helpful staff.

The location is very good, right in the center of the city. Dining & shopping areas are all within walking distance.

The rooms are nice and clean with comfortable beds, flat TVs and nice bathrooms. The hotel is WI Fi enabled, though this is chargeable. There is also a wine shop within the hotel premises.

The breakfast was excellent, great variety and taste. Early opening hours 6:30 am is definitely a bonus.

Definitely worth a stay, though slightly expensive.

Facilities include a swimming pool and a gym. WiFi is chargeable.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden/pool and away from the elevators are good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
WELCOMHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Welcomhotel Vadodara, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from WelcomHotel Vadodara!!!

We thank you for your supportive and encouraging review in Trip Advisor.

We appreciate and thank you for the time you have taken out to share the details on your experience with us. We are indeed delighted to know that we were able to live upto your expectations.

At our hotel, we constantly work towards providing a memorable stay experience to all our guests and your appreciative comments are the greatest encouragement for us.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 9, 2014

On a hot summer afternoon, what better can be afforded than the cool, blissfully silent, yet perfectly centered hotel that still doesn't intimidate you with any of its architectural element.

Welcome Hotel has the hallmark ambience of the top ITC brands. Its got that heritage look, spaciously centered around a blue pool juxtaposed with greens. So, you feel... Homely, ya that's the word.

With well appointed rooms and sleek décor, you feel extremely comfy once you are back. So while you may tuck in your room, its just great to get out, swim, use the gym, laze around in their lounge,
play billiards or use the spa.

The other great thing is its location whereby, you can get around Vadodara's best markets, shopping malls which are just around you.

However, the gym needs a renovation or relocation within the premises to put all eqpt under one roof. If the Cambay pavallion which is their 24 hr coffee shop, can be relocated near the pool, it would be great.

All in all, a good 5 star experience. Very much recommended.

1  Thank pavi1971

Dear Guest,

Greetings from WelcomHotel Vadodara!!

We appreciate and thank you for the time you have taken out to share the details on your experience. I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is always our endeavor to create a memorable experience - from the moment we offer you a warm welcome to the time we bid you a fond farewell. It is a continuous endeavor to offer our discerning travelers indigenous, luxury experiences through our commitment to quality service.

We have taken cognizance of your feedback on Gym.

Best Regards,