We spent two nights at Welcomhotel in July. Our initial impression on seeing the lobby was very good until we reached the room! The mattresses were old. There were blankets(how unhygienic) in this day an age when duvets are freely available. The bathrooms were ancient! The room was a standard room but for the five star rates they charged, it was definitely not value for money. For similar prices, Mumbai hotels offer much better.
We must mention at this point that the response from staff was good. They immediately changed the blankets and offered to give us another room which we declined as it was a smoking room.
The rest of the service was very good. The location was super. An improvement to the rooms and the repaired swimming pool would truly make it a five star. Till then it is not!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an ambience steeped in history, complimented by a richness of culture acquired through centuries, Welcomhotel Vadodara is a leading 5 star hotel in Vadodara which brings you world class luxury with the warmth of Indian hospitality in an experience that is unmistakably grand. This 5 star business hotel presents a range of cuisines, accommodation and recreation options that are incomparable with the best in Vadodara. Built around the swimming pool in style of the step wells of Gujarat, this contemporary structure offers modern furnishing and comforts, with the azure waters of swimming pool cooling environment during the hottest months. Vadodara, a rapidly developing industrial city, where the past is still alive in its traditional handicrafts, its culture and legends. WelcomHotel Vadodara is located in the heart of the downtown business and entertainment district. Welcomhotel Vadodara’s reputation as Vadodara’s leading 5 star luxury hotel is anchored in many factors. it has been the hotel’s ongoing endeavour to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests. The hotel offers 133 room including 6 suites of plush accommodation and top-of-the-line Business, Conference and Leisure facilities tailored to the requirement of the discerning and modern day business traveller. The hotel has some splendid work of art by India’s renowned artist, Anjolie Ela Menon. Art in general has been important to city as the royal family were great collectors and patrons of fine art. This gracious and comfortable hotel exuding warmth from the very first glimpse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Welcomhotel Vadodara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcomhotel Vadodara Hotel Vadodara
- Welcomhotel Vadodara Gujarat
- Welcomhotel Vadodara Hotel Gujarat