“Excellent staff and food”

Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Vadodara
New Delhi, India
“Excellent staff and food”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I will start with the restaurant and kitchen staff as it was the best part of the hotel.
They went out of their way to get me what I want and even more. In short very friendly yet professional.
The rooms are nicely done and very comfortable. Additional points for toiletries provided.
The front desk is not exceptionally great but it's not bad either.
Overall a great experience that I would like to have again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GATEWAYHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Gateway Hotel, Vadodara during your visit to this city and also for your feedback on the services of the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback, as it is indeed the pre-eminent barometer by which we can measure our achievements and shortfalls, in providing the best services to our valued guests, such as yourself.

It is our endeavor to delight our guests and I am glad to know that you were happy with the services of the hotel as well as the quality of food. I have shared your feedback with my entire team, who will further be inspired in offering exceptional experience to our guests in future. I have also noted your observation with regard to front desk and assure you that I have taken up the same with the concerned departmental head to ensure that there is no such recurrence in future.

With warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Tolland, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on my visits to Baroda for nearly 10 years, and it keeps getting better. The newly reconditioned rooms are great - very tasteful, comfortable and immaculately clean. The staff are always extremely helpful and friendly, and frequently remember me even though I am only there once every 3-6 months. The room service food is always freshly prepared and tasty, and rarely takes long to arrive. There is a small park about 1/2 km away down the road which is very handy for going walking in the mornings, it is always full of locals doing their morning walks and yoga practice.

The windows were replaced fairly recently and this makes the rooms very quiet, although the hotel is in a quiet part of town in any event.

The only complaint is that I can never get a good cup of tea at breakfast. They just provide a tea bag with a cup of barely warm water. I have no idea why.....?

Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GATEWAYHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Vadodara!!

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to this city and also for your feedback on the services of the hotel.

We are delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay with us as well as happy with our recently renovated rooms. I have shared your feedback with my entire team, who will further be inspired in offering exceptional experience to our guests in future.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to tea served during breakfast at the restaurant and I would like to assure you that I have taken up the same with the concerned departmental head and the concerned staff to ensure that there is no such recurrence in future.

We thank you once again for your patronage and feedback and look forward to your next visit to The Gateway Hotel, Vadodara.

Vadodara, India
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We prefer this hotel for the wonderful buffet lunch they provide . We as a family prefer to eat heavy for Lunch as our dinner is very light . You can book your table over the phone . Service is really superb . The most delicious dish is ' baked fish ' which is simply great . Star attraction for us eating at Taj is the ' FISH ' . Rest . cleanliness is up to the mark and ambience is wonderful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GATEWAYHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your patronage and feedback and look forward to your next visit to The Gateway Hotel, Vadodara.

Pune, India
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Accompanied me were my two American colleagues to this property from Taj Group. As we had to catch a morning flight, it was great feeling to get wake-up call served with masala tea complementary. My friends really appreciated the gesture, and more than that 'the masala tea from Gujarat'.

Room Tip: higher floors give good road-traffic view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GATEWAYHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is our endeavor to delight our guests and I am glad to know that you were happy with the services of the hotel. I have shared your feedback with my entire team, who will further be inspired in offering exceptional experience to our guests in future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had to stay a day at baroda on business. Chose this hotel, rooms are ok certainly not of the class of 4 star hotel. Has a restaurant not many options but OK food.. Lighting is dull in the rooms, had a non smoking room but still there was smell of smoke in the room, Overall Ok hotel since i was on business for a day didnt mind much. But if people trvalling with family can look for options for this price. Not many options of restaurants outside the hotel & hence have to eat at the hotel restaurant which is pretty expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GATEWAYHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Vadodara!!

We have noted your feedback with regard to lighting in the room. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have taken into consideration the same and have incorporated better lighting in our newly renovated executive rooms. We are also in the process of renovating our other rooms where we will incorporate better lighting in the rooms. However, we will try our best to bring in soft changes in the existing room to enhance the lighting or would like to recommend you our new executive room on your next visit.

Our Executive Chef has noted your feedback with regard to variety of food and he shall look into the matter. We constantly strive to improve our services based on the feedback we received from patrons like you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to smell in the room and I would like to assure you that I have taken up the same with the concerned department to ensure that there is no such recurrence in future

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to your next visit to The Gateway Hotel, Vadodara.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Preferred stay for me whenever I travel to Vadodara on business. What sets them apart is the warmth of the staff in welcoming you. The food is awesome and stay very comfortable.

Location - Good, Service - Great, Food - Great, Property - Good

Room Tip: Higher room is better. Room on the top floor are executive rooms and are definitely bigger than othe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GATEWAYHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara, responded to this review, December 24, 2013

Coral Gables, FL
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very nice hotel. Service was superb! Good quality and variety of food at the buffets in the main restaurant. Outstanding Asian restaurant. Great negotiated daily rates and discounts for our 3-year project.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GATEWAYHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara, responded to this review, December 11, 2013