“Good value for money”

Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Vadodara
“Good value for money”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service and great hospitality. Good property in city like vadodra. Rooms are bit old fashioned however not bad at all from the perspective of doing comparison with what all is available there. Food is excellent. You feel at home. Location is not that great!

• Stayed June 2013
GATEWAYHOTELVADODARA, General Manager at Gateway Hotel at Akota Gardens Vadodara, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Gateway Hotel, Vadodara during your visit to this city and also for your feedback on the services.

We were delighted to note that you were happy with the services of the hotel as well as the quality of food.

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have renovated our Executive Rooms recently and would like to recommend the same on your next visit.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming back to our hotel.

With warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I visit Vadodara once every few months. So far, have been staying only in Taj Gateway Hotel. It's a nice Hotel, quite big in size, but lacks appeal.

They have a swimming pool, but since my last two visits, I couldn't use it. Once they had a marriage party in the lawn, so it was closed. Second time it was under repair.

Rooms are big and comfortable. Be prepared to walk for 5 min! to reach your room if you get a room in the other section of the Hotel.

Food is OK. Breakfast buffet is elaborate. Their Asian restaurant is quite good.

Overall, the only good choice in Vadodara.

Room Tip: Ask for room near lift
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Vadodara.

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to this city and also for your feedback on the services.

We are happy to note that you had a comfortable stay in the hotel during your visit. We are also happy to note that you were happy with the food especially the variety of food in the buffet breakfast.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the swimming pool and I would like to assure you that I have taken up the same with the concerned department to ensure that there is no such recurrence in future.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is the mid-segment category of the Taj group of hotels. I stayed here for 6 nights and my stay was pleasant and comfortable. The staff right from Entrance to Front Desk to Housekeeping, In room Dining and the Cafe were very courteous and highly proactive in addressing most of my requirements. I would recommend this any day!

Room Tip: I generally prefer rooms on the top floors and those facing the road for a better view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel Vadodara.

I am very glad to note that you had a great stay in the hotel during your visit. I have shared your feedback with all the associates concerned and I am sure this encourages them immensely.

I would like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to your next visit to the Gateway Hotel, Vadodara.

Secunderabad, India
Reviewed July 15, 2013

There was never a reason to stay at Vadodara because you could always travel back to Ahmedabad after finishing with your engagements. But try out Gateway Akota Gardens and you shall have a reason to feel at-home. This is one of the most contemporary Hotels and definitely a very good one of the Gateway chain. The way it has been built, it gives you a feel of lotsa space. The newly done up rooms are great and spacious, the decor an the ambience is definitely chic and the famed Taj hospitality is there to stay. The location too is great, not in the hustle bustle of city but then not very far away. With the Vadodara embracing all that is current in the marketplace, this hotel makes up for right identity that growing corporate needs in Vadodara. So finally I got a reason to stay back and Vadodara. More stays shall follow.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pavi1971
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Vadodara!

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Vadodara and also for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to note that you were happy with the hotel and its services. We are also delighted to note that you were happy with our newly renovated rooms.

Mumbai
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very expensive for the quality of rooms. Very low ceiling. small rooms.

Hair in food during breakfast. Fortunately they threw entire preparation right in front of us. however, the taste was still average. staff was ill trained.

Definitely not taj standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ravMumbai
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Vadodara!

At the outset let me thank you for choosing to stay at the Gateway Hotel, Vadodara during your visit to this city and also for your feedback on the Trip Advisor with regard to the services of the hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay and I would like to assure you that we are taking necessary corrective action in this regard to ensure that there is no such recurrence in future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Taj Akota Garden was a pleasant experience - primarily made by the Courtesy - hospitality and supportive staff.

The location is convenient and our experience of check in was excellent. being a family visit and also being a Inner circle member - it was nice to get an upgrade - typical Taj Hospitality experience. WE were pleased to be chosen as GUEST OF THE DAY which includes a dinner special by Chef - and since were unable to attend- asked extension to make it Lunch next day!

Room was nice and good size Quiet and away from all noise, The GAD café was excellent - breakfast superb - but as mostly travelling on Biz - its for me same Break fast I order in each stay, but excellent service and very caring GAD staff, We did not try specialty Japanese - as were out in evenings.

Typical Gujarati food next day as Guests of Hotel was excellent, We loved the Khichdi and Kadi,

Staff is very friendly - you are never out of comforts - lifts are well managed.

My favorite place - the BAR is missing all thru Gujarat - so cannot help. !

Laundry was so-so. Not the usual Taj Quality though - very timely delivered.

Enjoyed the stay !

Room Tip: Good idea to stay here in Vadodara - though I have stayed in past in Sheraton here,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Gateway Hotel, Vadodara during your visit to Vadodara and also for your feedback on the services and facilities of the hotel.

We are delighted to note that you were happy with the hotel and its services. We are also delighted to note that you were happy with the regional home-made food. I have shared your compliments with all the associates concerned and I am sure this encourages them immensely.

Our Executive Housekeeper has noted your observation with regard to the laundry service and shall endeavour to take corrective measures.
We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to your next visit to the Gateway Hotel, Vadodara.

Rajkot
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had spent my great time with the Every Taj property around India & I like that they have maintained their services accordingly. The stay was comfortable, room service was excellent. I loved to have dinner at the Kai Asia and being a Barodian and Chinese foody I visit that place frequently. Thanks to Shantanu Chef for the chinese treat.

Room Tip: If you are with family, either go for adjoining rooms or a suite room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Vadodara

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Gateway Hotel, Vadodara during your visit to this city and also for your feedback on the services of the hotel.

I am glad to note that you had a very comfortable stay in the hotel. I am also happy to note that you had a delightful experience at our Pan Asian Specialty Restaurant - Kai Asia. I have shared your compliments with Chef Shantanu and I am sure this encourages him immensely.