My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 days (19th Sep to 22nd Sep 2013) with a prior booking.
Details given by the Hotel on Make My Trip are misleading.
- There is no parking for cars, we had to park on road in front of hotel.
- We were allotted room with "twin beds" which was smelling badly. On asking, the manager said, "we don't have any other room available." I said, we have prior booking! When we refused the room, the bell boy went down and brought keys of some other room. That room had a bed with size of 3.5 feet.!!! I was shocked. I asked the manager whether they are serious about their business or they don't understand hotel industry as such. When I said I will have to talk to Make My Trip, he gave another room which was ok if not good.
The offerings on the site were as below.
Free Indoor Swimming Pool, Health Club, Sauna Bath and Steam Bath
Free use of Business Center
Free Scanning, Print-outs and Fax
Led T.V With Satellite Channels, Hair Drier, Mini bar, Tea and Coffee maker in all Rooms
Free A/C Pick-up and Drop facility from Railway Station and Airport.(ON REQUEST)
Wi-Fi was surely available but Swimming, bath etc. were closed. I have attached photo of the notice. On 21st when pool and bath opened, we were told that they are not free. we showed them the booking voucher then they allowed bath.
TV was not working, it took almost 45 minutes to repair. Each day, we had to ask for replenishment of soaps, towels, water etc.despite room makers visiting daily.
Restaurant is in equally bad shape. When we ordered a particular dish, the steward said, it was not available in restaurant, available only in room. We asked why. He said because it is mentioned in the menu card of the room and not of the restaurant. I asked but the kitchen must be the same. He said yes but we charge more in room and so we will not offer it here. After 10 minutes of ordering other items, my wife found a mini-menu which was plated and was lying on the same table on which we were sitting. That menu card had the same dish available which was earlier refused. we called the captain and informed him about this. Instead of feeling guilty, they said ok, we will offer you a complementary ice cream which we refused. Billing was not done properly. One bill which didnot belong to our room was attached with our bills.
Hotel has 4-feet passage between rows of rooms that too is occupied by shabbily created cabinets which is very risky in case of fire or other problems.
I am attaching nine photographs of the inside of the hotel which will tell the story.
The surprising part is the hotel has tie-up with "The Country Club"-a time-share company.!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 26 rooms air condition rooms with wi fi free complimentary fast multi cuisine restaurant,swimming pool ,gym,spa,indoor games, conference hall for 200- 50 pax dj hall.free pick up drop from station/Airport.(on request) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS so you can book your Hotel Golden Star reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.