Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,739 results
All reviews taj gateway spice restaurant ms pooja river view tapi river under renovation taj group excellent service special thanks coffee shop gujarati thali thank you so much excellent hotel buffet dinner business trip duty manager breakfast spread
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has many positive aspects, however has some areas of improvement before being truly labelled a "luxury hotel". For the positive- the common areas (lobby, hallway) and restaurant are decorated in a very modern fashion, there is a 24/7 coffee shop, front-desk staff are helpful and efficient, and there are amenities like a spa, gym, lovely pool. I also went to the spa, and found it be quite pleasant, and I enjoyed my massage. When it comes to the improvements- the guest rooms are actually not that updated and new, they look a bit tired and dated Also, certain things just didn't work like they should- my hair dryer didn't work, the plumbing was slow and outdated, and there weren't upgrades like USB plugin points. I think a sub-standard room is ok for a 3-star hotel, however if the hotel is aiming for luxury, I think there should be more effort and attention paid to the quality, functionality, and aesthetics of the room. If you look through the "Room and Suites" photos here, please refer to photos after the 7th picture to see what most of the rooms look like. In terms of service like housekeeping staff and restaurant, it's clear that they are very attentive to customers needs, however there is room for improvement. In the restaurant, I had so many staff members coming to me asking how I was doing, if I liked the food, if I wanted anything else that it actually interrupted my meals. I think during one meal I had 10 different staff members checking in with me, which was just unnecessary. Understand that the staff are excited to help and interact with guests, but please do provide training that there should be only so much interaction, and that one staff person should take the responsibility for one table so as to avoid confusion and make the experience more enjoyable. This issue was more present in the restaurant called Table 101, and the coffee shop (called Surat Baking Co) was a much more relaxed place to eat with much less interruption. All in all, I would stay here again if I went to Surat, however I do hope that improvements are made to the room quality and also the staff receive training in how to maintain a positive balance between attentiveness and respecting the guests space/comfort.

Room tip: Even number rooms face the river
Date of stay: January 2020
AMIT_MEHTA02, General Manager at Surat Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ms. Katrina,

Greetings from Surat Marriott Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to know that overall you had a good stay at our hotel. However, please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay.

It is unfortunate that we were not able to provide your with a seamless experience. I have discussed your feedback with my team for corrective action.

We rely on the constructive feedback of our discerning guests to help us achieve the highest levels of services that we aspire towards.

We hope you visit soon so that we get a chance to make amends for this below par experience you had.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After getting caught up at a sub standard apartment which we had booked via booking .com, we ended up at the marriot in Surat. We were treated and dealt with utmost respect and compassion. Ayush at Marriot was so informative, helpful and pleasant throughout the stay. The whole culture of marriot was something to take with us. The politeness, the assistance, the customer service from the entrance to our rooms was simply perfect. It cannot be anymore perfect. Just in two days we felt all the staff was our family and we were totally at home. Ayushi was beautiful and I loved her saree everyday.

Dear Ms. Kiran,

Greetings from Surat Marriott Hotel!

We are delighted to know that overall you and your family enjoyed our hospitality, food and services. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I have conveyed your compliments to our team, especially to Ayushi for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

It is our earnest endeavour to ensure that our guests have a most enjoyable visit with us and I am glad that you have carried with you happy memories. Appreciation such as yours increases our motivation to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We are grateful for your recommendation and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel around the world and stay at hotels almost 75% of the year for work and by far have never seen as precious customer service as the warmness from Ayushi during my stay. She was very helpful when I was having difficulty finding a ride on Uber and can bring a smile to any stressful situation. She deserves the greatest customer service award from Marriott!

Trip type: Traveled on business
AMIT_MEHTA02, General Manager at Surat Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Surat Marriott Hotel!

We are delighted to know that overall you and your family enjoyed our hospitality and services. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I have conveyed your compliments to Ayushi for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel and staff ayushi I also csme year 2018 I will always come here , best service clean always at your services and with smile ,, I will definitely come here again and recommend this hotel to my friends and family

Dear Ms. Parekh,

Greetings from Surat Marriott Hotel!

We are delighted to know that overall you and your family enjoyed our hospitality, food and services. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I have conveyed your compliments to Ayushi for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had the most fantastic stay here. Ayushi and all the staff were incredibly helpful. We got an upgrade so our room was overlooking the river, they helped me add minutes to the phone, they helped my mother-in-law with her sari, etc. The rooms were great and it is centrally located.

Highly, highly recommend! I have my kids here and they were so flexible with catering to my children so they were very happy.

Dear Ms. Anita,

Greetings from Surat Marriott Hotel!

We are delighted to know that overall you and your family enjoyed our hospitality, food and services. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I have conveyed your compliments to my team, especially with Ayushi for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.