“Worth a visit but need to brave the local boatmen”
Review of Beyt Dwarka Beach

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Dwarka beyt is an island off the port of Okha. It is a pilgrim site for the Hindus because of a famous temple of Lord Krishna.
The island has to be reached by a 15-20 minute boat ride from the the port of Okha.The best time to take the boat-ride is in the early hours of the morning when it is very pleasant and birds surround the boat in the hope of getting some food.
Whereas there are plenty of boats but the boat-men have formed a cartel by which they do not set sail till their boats are over-packed. This not only leads to harassment in the form of abnormal delays for the visitors (they may miss the limited Darshan time) but also predisposes to the hazards of over-loading on the boat.

1  Thank kppmumbai
There are newer reviews for Beyt Dwarka Beach

Reviewed December 18, 2012

There is no beach near the temple, so you will need to take some extra effort for this. In fact, I asked quite a few people there, but none seem to have an idea about what I was looking for. Then I took an auto rickshaw ( tuk tuk), who drove through the narrow lanes of Byet Dwarka to take us to the beach.
Once you are there, it is wonderful- a lonely clean beach all to yourself. In fact, I feel my visit to Beyt Dwarka was a success because of the beach.

3  Thank Basav_Roychoudhury
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Sorry,there is no Beach adjoining this temple.There is nice beach at Dani Point as well as north side of irland,but its remote and slop is not gently.If you go for this beach please arrange you water and food.About 2 km north there is Dandi Humanji Temple.At there one can get water-food and room for rest.

2  Thank barodabull
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have visited dwarka on 3rd oct to 6th oct. 2012 . on 3rd oct I started journey reached jamnagar . At jamnagar missed my train due to delay in flight , then took taxi trowards dwarka at 12 30 noon reached there at around 4 pm . there i met with some panda at door of hotel bansi a budget hotel. first I refused panda but later on took him with me. he took me to dwarka mandir He was continuosly speaking. for which i asked to keep silent and let me see. After darshan at dwarka , i went inside saw the shankaracharya aadi math musuem . It is nothing but a hall with some murti and a bookstall. I came back and went to have a bus for booking a seat but I dont know when I insisted the booking officer he tried to avoid me,. Then on my way back to hotel I asked a auto plier. who agreed to take me to byet dwarka, gopi mandir, rukmani mandir and nageshwar mandir at rs600 on next morning.

on 4th morning I waited for auto at 745 am. when he came i asked about mool dwarka thinking that this will be true dwarka where lord krishna ruled. He took me there just 75 km away from dwarkadheesh, on way auto plier told me that there is gomati ghat. it was on a moutain hillside. which i could not see because of being a heart paitent. After returning to dwarka from mool mandir it was 1.30 pm so after taking one hours rest i took that auto again went to nageshwar mandir by 245pm A beautiful murrti of lord shiva 85 feet in length. beside the mandir of nageshwar.
as it was 3.30 i avoided gopi mandir, then went to byet dwarka .In way i saw light house from outside, In way there is a moutain of salt whereby salt is refind in a nearby refinert.
since byet dwarka is opened at 730.am to 1 pm and 4.30 pm to 9 pm . I went there took the boat consisting of many person charging 10 inr pwre head, AFTER that i crossed that sea by boat went inside main mandir of byet dwarka. This is where lord krishna reeally ruled .

on way to back to hotel it was around 645pm auto person showed me rukamani mandir a small but beautiful one. then I reached back hotel. total amount paid by me to auto person was rs1500 which included mool dwarka site.

on 5th morning i again visited dwarkadheesh mandir early morning , After check out at 1230 noon i took train for jamnagar . In evening by 7 pm i reached jamnagar,stayeds there in a hotel . next day on 6th oct i took flight for bhubaneshwar for visiting Jagannath Puri,

This is my journey to dwarka . although I took 2 nights of 3rd and 4th oct and 2 days . I feel personally that one day with 2 nights or say 1-1/2 day are sufficient to visit dwarka . To say start for gomati mandir (not mool dwarka) , the nageshwar mandir, gopi mandir byet dwarka , rukmani mandir and back for dwarkadheesh mandir, that is all.
this is full of mandirs and nothing else, Nothing for tourists but it is for pilgrim purpose.

one more i will like to say not to start from jamnagar as there is lack of taxi service and only one flight is available in morning. It is better to be from porbandar until ur journey forces u from jamnagar. BETTER TO BE PORBANDAR.
sureshkalhan

7  Thank sureshkalhan
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Went to Dwarka on friday 17th Aug. Just about 2 hours drive from Jamnagar. The road is very nice to drive. If you travel in early morning you can see a lot of migratory birds on both sides of the highway. As you move towards Dwarka from Jamnagar you begin to see a host of windmills lining the road.....the view is simply beautiful.

The attraction at Dwarka is the famous Krishna Temple which offers various darshans to his devotees.

People from all around India visit Dwarka regularly. On specific occasions you need to preplan and book your rooms to avoid disappointment.

Overall a nice and fulfilling trip.

5  Thank shahdh7