“Good overnight stay”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Aram
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Jamnagar
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Hotel Aram in Jamnagar is a good place for an overnight stay. The superior rooms in the new wing are small, but comfortable, clean, and quiet. Wifi in room worked well.  Shower is in good working condition and has plenty of hot water.  Restaurant cooked tasty indian veggie dishes but the ambiance was dreary.  Staff are professional and speak good English. Terrible breakfast.  The most decent place to stay and eat if you happen to visit Jamnagar

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline D
There are newer reviews for Hotel Aram

Reviewed March 28, 2014

stayed on 24 march
pros - "heritage tag"
very good food and location
absolutely helpful front desk
cons - noisy rooms but front desk was kind enough to change it
some rooms are very small and narrow so its "blind game" for a online booking client

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank chetu333
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Nice heritage looks with old fashioned interiors feels like palace. Rooms are good and clean. Gujarathi thali and dishes are good. Staff is supportive. Located in mid city and can be easily accessible from airport and railway station.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank nikhilwalke
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed in January 2014. The service and food was excellent. Very clean Heritage hotel.
The choice of food (Menu) caters for all. Very clean, and very good service. Good ambience, nice garden restaurant.

Room Tip: no swimming pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank rangilee
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel located on a busy street. Nice old fashioned decor and comfortable clean rooms. The food was also good and staff pleasant. Only problem was that there was a lot of noise at night from the hotel work area.

Room Tip: Check the size of the room you get if you are planning to spend more time in your room. One of our r...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank DBhat
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Hi,
First of all as I travelled by my self alone to India.
I tried to book all the hotels through "booking.com" including your's. My journey started from Vadodra from 18th of feb-2014 to 23rd ?24th I stayed at Porbandar at Lords Eco Inn, 25th Jamangar at your's 26th to 2nd March at Comfort . All the hotels I managed to book apart fromhotel Aaram it showed the hotel is fully booked on 25 th of Feb so I tried directly from ytheir website and there were plenty of rooms were available at that time ,so I booked one for my self and paid for it.
I received an email of conformation I read at a glance ( headline) and obviously expected on the date I booked for...
On my arrival we tried to enter we were stopped at the gate and guard told us,there is no parking and we can't go inside. I said I have booked my self a room and have luggage in the car....after arguments we were allowed to off load luggage and park the car out side the hotel.when approached the reception ..gentleman at the reception desk wasn't gentle enough towards me...I reached there at about 21:00. I was told that ..I am a lier, I booked room for 26 th and not on 25 th..why should I do that? From 26 th my room was booked at Rajkot..
I was asked to pay extra which I thought was not good customer service.
Friend of mine came and asked me to stay..I agreed to pay and guess what.? I was told that room is gone and I have to pay even more as only executive room was empty....
I rang Rajkot Hotel and they gave me a room there...and I had to travel at night by my self..
I sent an email as soon as I reached Rajkot ...to cancel my booking as the Gentleman at the reception refused to cancel there...I never got any replay.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Mira135
pranavdbhatt, General Manager at Hotel Aram, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Madam,
We are extremely sorry for your unpleasant experience. We also deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused. But there are few points that we request you to understand.
1) The guard at the front door stopped your vehicle since the parking was full. After you informed him that you were checking in, he did allow your vehicle inside within a minute of arrival. However we will look into the cctv footage regarding his behavior and assure you that we will take appropriate action.
2) Regarding the room, You booked online for the 26th of Feb by mistake instead of 25th of Feb. Upon your arrival since all the rooms in Deluxe category were occupied, the Receptionist offered you to take a higher category available room by paying the difference. Since you objected to pay the difference, the receptionist offered the room to another customer.
3) We will refund you the amount but would request you to send us an email for refund.

We deeply apologize for our front desk's staff's behavior and are truly sorry that we cudnt help you at the time of your need. We have pledged to take utmost care for our customers and will also train our staff to be more helpful.

Regards

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Its a heritage hotel so the rooms are not modern. Though the facilities are good enough for basic rooms. Washrooms need to be upgraded. Reception was small but cozy. Staff was very helpful. The best part is the restaurant. If you are looking to explore Gujarati food, go for Gujarati thali which is served only during lunch hours.

Room Tip: If looking for modern rooms go for new super deluxe rooms situated in new block otherwise a mansion...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family