“Another pleasant visit!”
Review of Fortune Inn Haveli

Fortune Inn Haveli
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Gandhinagar
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I frequently have to travel to Gandhinagar and have always stayed at the Fortune Inn Haveli, mainly as there appear to be no other hotels there, but having said that, my stays have always been very pleasant! I usually arrive and leave at about 3am due to flight times and there is always someone really efficient at reception, who quickly clears the formalities and gets me quickly to my room, and similarly quickly checks me out. Then during my stay staff have always been keen to help in a hotel which appears to work very efficiently! I stayed there again from 14th to 19th August 2012, it is not a luxurious hotel, but friendly clean and functional, and I have always had pleasant stays there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hughes34
RohitPachori, General Manager at Fortune Inn Haveli, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your stay at Gandhinagar.

At Fortune Inn Haveli, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Inn Haveli and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

There are newer reviews for Fortune Inn Haveli

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The hotel is newly renovated and is by far the best choice for business travel in Gandhinagar. The staff is warm and friendly and we were well looked after. The rooms are large and spacious and come with all facilities needed for a comfortable stay. The food is great and is reasonably priced. The hotel provides complimentary wi-fi for 2 hours and that was a great boon when traveling for business. All is all a great value for money hotel!

Room Tip: Seek for higher floor rooms as they provide a great view of the city
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SidThaker
RohitPachori, General Manager at Fortune Inn Haveli, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A wonderful economical HAVELI in the capital city. The quality of ambience and food added a gem to its crown. Good etiquettes by staff reflects good admin. Overall cleanliness of the property is maintained. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Reviewed July 3, 2012

It was my first night after marriage and Fortune Inn Haveli made it even more memorable! With a corner suite decorated with roses and a sinful chocolate cake me an my wife rejoiced the experience.
The first thing I always look at in a Hotel is a bathroom and let me tell you that they were as good as you find in a Five Star Hotel. Bed was king size and there was huge movement space around where two persons would not hi each other everytime they want to move.

Room Tip: Tell at reception, for what purpose you are staying and they will take care of the rest.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here one night in order to catch a train to Mumbai the next day. The room was spotless and the service by the staff is good as there was a welcome hostess to answer our questions on what to do and where to go.

The negative we found was when we ate dinner at the restaurant and found that we were forced to eat a buffet dinner which to be fair was very good however when we asked for a masala tea, a good half an hour went by with no sign of it. Eventually we gave up and asked for the order to be cancelled. On our way out, we noted quite a few other guests were complaining about various issues with the dinner.

The breakfast was good and there was a good variety to eat however the masala tea was the worst I have ever had and almost made me throw up as I cannot stand the taste of milk.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fatface99
RohitPachori, General Manager at Fortune Inn Haveli, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback and take pleasure in noting that you liked our rooms, buffet dinner and breakfast and the assistance extended by our hostess.

However, we are indeed concerned about the delay in service and quality of tea served and would like to assure you that the needful action has been initiated to prevent the same happening in future. Further, may we request you to treat this as an isolated case and not a reflection of our normal services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fortune Inn Haveli, wherein we can demonstrate as to how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2012

The reservations team is efficient and request made for removing carpets from room were taken care of before we checked in. It is a modern property , reasonable rates and large well appointed rooms. It is mainly a business hotel but the housekeeping was excellent. The room was serviced twice a day . The room service was caring and prompt. They also followed instructions regarding preparation of food were followed exactly which was a pleasant surprise . They even enquired whether we wanted anything made when we ate out and did not order anything. The breakfast is all right there were choices for vegetarians ,the baked food was uninspiring but the live counter was good and service was quick. An efficient and pleasant place to stay for a couple of nights if you have work in Gandhinagar.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

It is a good hotel at Gandhinagar, staff is helpful, I booked the hotel through internet on same day of check in, but there was no hassles, even I checked in two hours earlier than the routine check in time, but they didn't charge me for that. room service is decent. location is good. but please note as also mentioned in earlier reviews that this place is quite away (~18 kms) from the Ahmedabad city.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gandhinagar
7 Wonders Hotel
#12 of 160 in Ahmedabad
The Grand Midway Hotel
The Grand Midway Hotel
#11 of 17 in Gandhinagar

Been to Fortune Inn Haveli? Share your experiences!