“One of the best place to go and eat. The...”
Review of Mirch Masala

Mirch Masala
Ranked #28 of 3,636 Restaurants in Ahmedabad
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2010

One of the best place to go and eat. The decor is absolutely great, a mix of dhaba style with filmi fusion. Try their seasonal specials like saag-roti, baigan bharta etc. Only Indian food

Reviewed October 4, 2009

Hey Friends, I have gone through one horrible experience of life ... ’Mirch Masala’ on S.G. Highway served me Non-Veg in Palak Khichdi ...... So, beware ... if anyone hardcore vegetarians like me .... planning to visit it ... and top of it they were not apologetic ... I thought being a renowned restaurant they were maintaining some standard ...... but unfortunately .... that’s not the case ..... In my whole life .... I haven’t tested non-veg however, due to this worst restaurant one bone of meat gets crushed in my teethes ..... and that too on Navami Day of Holy Navratra and believe me.. I did omitting the whole night .... Also the staff were there was so arrogant and behaved in shameful manner as they wanted me to vanish from a scene ... which hurts me a lot .... I strongly recommend vegetarian followers to stay away from this restaurant .... and I will be greatful if anyone could suggest me how to take this matter to concerned authorities so that such careless people learn some lessons .... The manager there told me that the owner would visit me personaly however, forget visit these shameless people didnt bother to call me yet....

Reviewed March 17, 2009

Nice Punjabi Cuisine with Dhaba type interior decore.

1  Thank RahulGT
Reviewed March 5, 2009

For a northie, starved for masaledaar culinary heaven, this is the ultimate destination in Ahmedabad.

The decor is punjabi rustic....charpayis, brass utensils basically the dhaba chic look. Infact it reminds you of the highway dhaba that serves up your favourite maa di daal.... tadka maar ke. The seating is low and there is plenty of good lighting, these guys want you to see your food and appreciate it too. There is the obligatory auto on display as part of the decor and plenty to look around on the walls too.

The ahmedabad branch has snacks on the outside and only serious dining inside, so choose your ambrosia.

The starters are choc a block full of tasty tandoori treats and you must absolutely try out the dilli chaat. Its just your ordinary curd, chutneys and crisp mathis but what a finished product they make out of them!

You can also try the paneer tikka, hara bhara seekh kebabs and for sworn carnivores there is plenty to choose from. Ofcourse the tandoori chicken is just the thing to try out. But the one thing that all of my gang would gun for was the hari chutney that accompanied all the straters. We would not move to the main course until polishing away several bowls of the amazing chutney! The spicy lassis are a must do with starters.

For the main course, a platter of the hotbreads is a must with any manner of pulao that you fancy. Just do try out the palak and corn and definately the butter chicken.

On weekends when the place is bursting at the seams, the service and the food become a little dicey but they still handle things a lot better than a few other heavily starred restaraunts that I know of.

Their jalebis, hot off the wok are a must. But if jalebis are not your thing then hot gulabjamuns are fair deal.

For us the box of delights that came with the bill was an adventure unto itself. We would never leave the place before almost wiping out the variety of churans and saunf.

The prices are a little steep but the rest of the package makes up for it.

1  Thank nehasachy
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Very good food. I will keep going there again and again. A bit pricey, but still affordable.

I wish they have more space, but it is decorated nicely.