“Needs to be spruced up”

Pride Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad
Ranked #15 of 166 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Two nights at the Pride in Ahmedabad and I was not impressed. The hotel looks dated and tired. A good sprucing up is required to keep with the new properties that are being launched in the city.

Rooms are good size, with large walk in dressing areas and an equally large bathroom. The pillow selection is odd, with small cushions, two soft pillows and two extra large hard pillows, which seem to have no functional purpose.

The front desk has a nice framed Tripadvisor rating and people like me like to see that !, but on entering the room, I was disappointed to see that the bathroom was used and a soiled towel was placed on the sink. Not the best way to welcome tired guests.

Food was very average and no signs of local delicacies on the menu. Buffet was standard and unappealing. You have to keep asking waiters for items not on the buffet and that gets very boring.

Room Tip: Just do a quick check of the room and bath before accepting it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank music74machine
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Warm Greetings from The Pride Hotel Ahmedabad,

Thank you indeed for staying and sharing your experience with us and providing us with the detailed feedback. We appreciate you taking the effort to providing feedback, as we view it as integral to improving our services.

We are sincerely apologetic for the inconvenience caused.

We assure you that your feedback has been shared with our team.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and hope it will not be too long from now that we again welcome you to our hotel.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on business for one night. All staff were very helpful and the food was good. Bedroom was OK but everything is getting tired. Also the cleaning is poor, with what looked like just a very quick rush around missing everything if was not in the centre of the object. The sound insulation through the windows was so bad I thought a window was open and I was on a high floor.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel's location is good. The gatekeepers were polite.

Room was good. Bed was comfortable. Shower was good though the temperature kept changing! Bath Linen was not up to mark. I am glad that Face Towels were available. Staff generally answered phone very promptly. Food was average. Nothing worth writing home about.

Now comes the bad part. Front desk was manned by Boys! They were not men. They were inefficient, inexperienced and impolite. Neither Check-in nor Check-out were smooth.

I can not give a higher rating than "Average".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kalki007

Warm Greetings from The Pride Hotel Ahmedabad,

Thank you indeed for sharing your experience with us and providing us with the detailed feedback. We appreciate you taking the effort to providing feedback, as we view it as integral to improving our services.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

We assure you that your feedback has been shared and such an occurrence will never be repeated.

We request you to treat the above incident as non-representative of The Pride Hotel Ahmedabad experience. This communication may be treated as an assurance of the best of our services on your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We spent 7 days at the Pride Hotel Ahmedabad and were really impressed with the complete experience. Consistency in everything they do meant a lot to me as a traveller with extremely serious allergies. They accommodated my needs and more. From the food, to the room, to the staff cheerfulness and kindness, to the accuracy of the bill, to their constant checking of our well being was outstanding.

Downside for travellers, especially business people - the high cost of internet usage.

Room Tip: Any room should be OK - views aren't great anyway in most of India
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shan C
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Warm Greetings from The Pride Hotel Ahmedabad,

We are glad that you had an overall pleasing experience at our hotel. Your positive comments regarding our rooms,restaurants,food,service and staff courteousness is sincerely appreciated.

We assure you that your positive feedback has been shared with our team, which will motivate us to excel further.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The rooms at this hotel are spacious with beds which are comfortable and offer good quality sleep. The bathroom is equally spacious. The ride up the glass lifts give a scenic view of the hotel lobby.
Buffet breakfast has many items to choose. This hotel is a popular stay for many airline staff - you may also bump into the captain, co-pilot or air hostess of your next flight!
I have stayed here on many occasions, the hotel seems to slowly loosing its service edge. I have noticed many other guests cribbing. This hotel is probably the first of the Pride group of hotels. There is very little space for parking cars in the front - very typical of Ahmedabad hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest from the lifts are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Warm Greetings from The Pride Hotel Ahmedabad,

We are glad that you had an overall pleasing experience at our hotel. Your positive comments regarding our location, rooms, bathrooms , restaurants and service is sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Its a good hotel. Value for money. The location is good. The rooms are spacious, reasonably lit and well equiped. Bathrooms are good but their finishing is a notch below what you see in five star hotels. The layout of the hotel is well planned. The food is decent. I had a booking through my office. I did face quite a lot of harrassment from the front desk since they had not received an email from my office confirming that my billing would be directly to the company. My office person had already spoken to their sales manager confirming the same and was to send the email the next day morning (i.e. the day on which I was checking out early in the morning). The sales manager put a file note to this effect very clearly in my docket file. The "intelligent" front desk of the hotel chose to ignore the file note, kept me waiting for over 30 minutes on a busy morning and were continuously calling the sales manager. She had kept her phone on mute and was asleep (since she was down with fever). To add to my fury, the hotel did not have the sales manager's residence no., which came as a shock to me. Finally, after some screaming from me, they let me go. The sales manager was shocked to hear all this (I specifically called her up later to inform the same). She apologized to me but I dont think she could do anything beyond that. And all of this was after the fact that the hotel themselves approached my office (which is a very reputed and huge MNC) and I was the first guest from my office to visit them. Though this relationship started on a sour and forgetable note, the sales manager assured us that this would never ever happen again....I felt bad for her, since I knew she had worked hard to build this relationship and her front desk did everything they could to sever it at inception! Given her apology, I would want to go to the hotel once again, since its a good hotel and value for money. Further, it is located in an upmarket area with good access to eating outlets, shopping avenues, etc. All in all, minus the exit formalities, I was fully satisfied with the stay, food and service which the hotel offered to me...

Room Tip: The rooms are newly made and good. They are not fully sound proof and hence, little bit of backgroun...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Warm Greetings from The Pride Hotel Ahmedabad,

We are glad that you had an overall pleasing experience at our hotel. Your positive comments regarding our location,rooms,restaurants and service is sincerely appreciated.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced during your check-out.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had never stayed at any of the other Pride hotels and was utterly disappointed when they sent a shared cab for airport pick-up. But the rooms were a welcome surprise at the low prices I had to shell out. The breakfast buffet was sumptuous, the service was quick, the location was right in the center of the city and overall, a good enough reason to stay at this place again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank aayushrivastava
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Warm Greetings from The Pride Hotel Ahmedabad,

Thank you indeed for sharing your experience with us and providing us with the feedback. We appreciate you taking the effort to providing feedback, as we view it as integral to improving our services.

Your positive comments regarding our breakfast spread, prompt service is sincerely appreciated, which will act as a motivation for our team