“nice house and garden”

and up
Private Full-Day Tour of Ahmedabad With Calico Museum and Gandhi Ashram
Ranked #23 of 137 things to do in Ahmedabad
Reviewed March 24, 2013

only one tour a day , you are rushed round in very dim lighting ( to save the fabrics) the director is a bit of a martinet and takes no prisoners...

All reviews
in 47 reviews
"orissa"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you're a fabric and textile enthusiast, this tour is a must. However, it's best to focus on the collection and not expect any smiles or friendly interactions from the guide....not even an introduction. Somehow the whole tour felt more like a strict teacher leading a group of errant school kids on a field trip accompanied by guards who go 'don't touch, don't touch' every few seconds even when all you're doing is taking a closer look at the fabrics.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I never got to see this museum, which was a great disappointment for me, since it was one of the major reasons I went to Ahmedabad. You must book your reservation (you can do so on line) well in advance. I was in Ahmedabad for four days, and called them my first day. The museum was booked for a week. I begged, pleaded and try to cajole - given that I was a solo traveler, I hoped they could squeeze me in. To no avail. They are inflexible. They may well have their reasons, and I don't want to judge them for this. I just want to warn other travelers to plan ahead; otherwise you may miss this museum as I did.

1  Thank DCFabian
Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was too controlling for a free citizen.the glorious history of textiles can be found elsewhere too in a very open atmosphere.right from the start to the end we were controlled by our guide who i am truly sorry to say did not know much about it.