I booked for two nights at Grandbhagwati and had to cut short my trip. I called the reception and requested if they could pack my bag so that I do not have to pay the day charge for the room which would not use. Thankfully my request was honored but little did I realize that I was in for not only a surprise but a rude shock. When I checked-out in the evening, I realized that my hair brush was missing. I informed the reception and they inturn called the housekeeping for the same. Since it was taking a long time and I was getting late for my flight, I decided to forget about it. Something told me that I must check my bag again and I realized that my expensive jeans was missing too. When I made noise at the reception, I saw a housekeeping personnel getting it for me. Why was this not packed wit rest of my stuff? Anyways since I was getting late for the flight I decided to leave.
When I boarded my flight I realized that I had money in my jeans and I immediately checked for it. Pockets were empty. After reaching Delhi I informed the duty manager Mr Kavina and explained the situation to him. He promised to investigate and revert to me the following day. He called me next day saying that he has spoken with everyone who accessed my room and no one seems to know about the missing money.
What puzzles me if why was my hair brush & jeans not packed with rest of the items? Was the intent of the staff not malicious.
I have travelled extensively across the globe but have never experienced similar situation. I would strongly recommend you to avoid staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Bhagwati Ahmedabad is the first venture of TGB Banquets & Hotels Ltd, it is located on S.G. Highway. The Grand Bhagwati lies at a distance of approximately 17 km from Ahmedabad Airport, 12 km from Ahmedabad railway station, 1km away from bus-stand and conveniently located to some of the most popular shopping and commercial hubs of the city. The Grand Bhagwati offers 2 pure veg. Dining options, Cafe Piano is the on-site coffee shop that is functional round-the-clock and offers buffet, a-la-carte and exotic drinks. To have a fine dining experience, guests can step in Mr. & Mrs. Somani a modern Indian fusion eatery. It also have bakery counter in hotel itself. The Grand Ballroom, Ambience, Memories and chancellors are the in-house banquet halls that are apt for celebrating business as well as party events. This banquet hall features a conference hall and a business centre, perfect for social and corporate with an adequate seating arrangement. There are also off-site lawns where guests can organize grand celebrations like wedding and parties. Additional facilities like Wi-Fi, laundry services, taxi services, shuttle service, airport and railway transfers are available on chargeable basis. When you are looking for comfortable and convenient stay in Ahmedabad, make The Grand Bhagwati Hotel your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Bhagwati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Bhagwati Hotel Ahmedabad
- Grand Bhagwati Hotel Ahmedabad
- Grand Bhagwati Ahmedabad