“Squared by food and desserts !!!”
Review of Novotel Ahmedabad

Novotel Ahmedabad
Ranked #11 of 160 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Squared by food and desserts !!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My Mediterranean food experience was quite a nice one.... Despite a few glitches here and there by the servers (which can be wavered off by the food and variety of cuisines covered). Initially I was a little upset with the starting of my evening, but as the evening progressed and asked upon for help for food I was overwhelmed with the response of the kitchen staff who were proactive from attending me and my wife to customizing a few requests too. The chubby chef anirudh was kind enough get fresh batches of food for both of us. Chef Dave the guy behind the food festival was also very keen in explaining things to us. Really loved his hospitality. Food was AWSOME.... Very very happy. Desserts were highlights for me. Though I am not a dessert eater myself I hogged all of them. I must say the baklava was way better than the one I had at Moshe's. Carryon such good food service so that people like me keep burping... Thank you very much anirudh for being so kind and pleasant (not to forget yummy desserts) and Dave for superb food that was lip smacking. Chiao.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, July 22, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the Mediterranean Food Festival and our services at The Square. Feedback such as yours help us to walk that extra mile and strive for excellence. I shall go ahead and share the positive impressions with my team.

We look forward to serve you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Indore
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Had checked-in for day for a business meeting held int he hotel. Booked using MakeMyTrip voucher as it was cheaper by Rs.2000/- than the discounted rates offered by the hotel for the conference. At the time of checking in somehow got the impression that the staff was not too pleased by the voucher. Was also asked to pay up a security deposit which was subsequently waived off after noticing my surprise. Post checkout again the staff seemed reluctant to store the luggage. Was also approached by an over-enthusiastic staffer who was insistent to knowing my business at the hotel !!! The Duty Manager put it down to being proactive. I thought it was intrusive...

Nonetheless, since the rooms are very modern and well appointed, it would be a shame if the "proactive" attitude makes the stay anything less than pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ranjan M
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, July 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We are pleased to know that you liked the property. We regret for the Inconvenience caused during the check-in process. We shall closely monitor the process and would take the essential steps to ensure enhanced experience. Feedback such as yours helps us to augment our services which would leave an impressive mark on your every stay.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Novotel Ahmedabad is the best hotel that I have stayed in in ahmedabad. The rooms are great, the property is fantastic and all the amenities that one would want are present. The staff here are extremely friendly and courteous. The food here is by far a league above all the other hotels here.

Great Stuff !!! Keep it up !!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pranay B
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, July 9, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

It is a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay, enjoyed our services. Feedback such as yours help us to walk that extra mile and strive for excellence. I shall go ahead and share the positive impressions with my team.

Mumbai
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed here for just one night and two days. I must say the staff here is too good right from the time the opened the door for me till the end.
The gymnasium is nice and u can work out with ease and quite decent swimming pool.
In dining options a also great and not over priced - it's just right for the class of the hotel.
They allowed me a good early checking and late check out with out any hassle. The rooms are really great and clean with nice bathroom which has great bathroom fittings - the shower is too good to take all the stress off u-
Overall the stay was great-
Thanks

• Stayed July 2014
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, July 7, 2014

Ludhiana, India
Reviewed July 3, 2014

we went to gujarat for darshan of Shri Dwarkadheesh temple, somnath temple in the last week of June 2014, after returning back from a hard and tiring journey we stayed at Novotel for 1 night on 28th june, it was great staying there. hotel is children friendly and even they had enjoyed alot , room, service, staff, lobby, restaurant, dinner buffet, b,fast buffet was awesome, we all ( 8 adults and 4 kids) loved to be there , thank you Novotel people.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, July 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

It is a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay, enjoyed our services and liked the buffet spreads served at The Square, and we were able to make your trip a memorable one. Feedback such as yours help us to walk that extra mile and strive for excellence.

Pratapgarh, India
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed there on 21 June 2014 just to rest before my long journey to south began. I booked this hotel on the basis of some really good reviews over tripadvisor. On the very arrival security guard stopped at entrance and kept asking for my room number which was yet to be allotted. Finally somehow explaining him I checked in and was allotted room number 817
To my surprise the room was at a T point which was my first ever experience in any hotel. Room was ok, but bathroom was below average with very weird hinge door, making entry even narrower. Bathroom supplies were very limited so please carry all your toiletries including toothbrush, shaving kit etc as you wont find them with bundled supply. Gym and pool were okay but services were pathetic, they served our order incomplete.
Breakfast was the only thing I liked but paying this much price for only breakfast is insane. After checking out I realised my T-Shirt was left in my room; so I called them back and to my surprise they denied to find any such thing in my room. I am a frequent traveller and keep on forgetting objects in hotel room. But it was first ever time I didn't get back. Still I consider myself lucky for not leaving my MacBook behind.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank VirenderSinghRao

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We are pleased to know that you liked the breakfast buffet spread. We apologize for the inconvenience caused for incomplete service at the pool. We shall make sure that our IRD services are more prompt and up to the mark. The bathroom amenities were kept as per the brand standards. Additional amenities are made available on request and our Housekeeping would be more than happy to help you with all the extra amenities required.

We have a stringent procedure in place to ensure the forgotten/left items , if any are secured. We have conducted a rigorous check on the misplaced t-shirt and unfortunately, nothing was found in the room after your check-out.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience caused and look forward to serve you again!
india
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

When in doubt go to Accor hotels..that is my mantra now firmly established and you guess it right...It is worth..
So after entering Ahmedabad and checking a few hotels ended up with nover situated right on SG highway and close to satellite road which is one of the prominent road of the city....have places to eat nearby and so novote is rightly placed..
I have been regular at Accor hotels so now quite accostemed to their service quality and rooms plus facilities...you get good international standards at a tad price lower than others .. ( Mariott nearby for example is 15..25% more costly)...
Overall a good place ..
Special thanks to all staff members for being very courteous to my old mother and willingly carrying her in wheel chair...well that is what you expect from the best of best hotels and that's what I call true hospitality...best wishes

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank asheesh S
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and had a comfortable stay with your family. Feedback such as yours help us to walk that extra mile and strive for excellence. I shall go ahead and share the positive impressions with my team.

We look forward for your next visit with us soon!