“Good Hotel Good Stay, But...”
Review of Novotel Ahmedabad

Novotel Ahmedabad
Ranked #10 of 160 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Good hotel very clean & neat, I think it is relatively new. Stayed for 1 night in March 2014. Rooms are standard Novotel style, and hotel has all standard Novotel amenities. Breakfast spread is good and nice choices for Indian cuisine. One think I did not like about the restaurant staff was they did not let me and my family occupy any of the corner tables during breakfast on both the time I was there. I was always told the tables were reserved and was asked to sit on only a couple of tables in the centre. Although, no one ever sat on those tables even after the breakfast was finished, I wonder who they were reserved for? Also. they should extend breakfast till 11:00 AM especially on Sunday, 10:30 AM is a bit early and that too they start clearing by 10:20 AM itself.
Hotel is good but restaurant staff need to pick up.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing Highway and Higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AshShah
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear AshShah,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I apologize for the inconvience caused and take your feedback into consideration in improving our services and for an enhanced experience.

We look forward for your next visit with us!

There are newer reviews for Novotel Ahmedabad

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very nice and new hotel. Room had a nice big window with a good view overlooking the highway. No traffic noise at all. Shower was excellent with both a normal shower head and a rain shower from the ceiling. A/C worked great - I was able to get the cool temperature I like. Bed was big and comfortable. Lighting was excellent. Room had a nice small table for eating or laptop work. Good breakfast buffet with omelettes, dosas, and caffe lattes made fresh plus many good selections.

The hotel is next to a Domino's Pizza and a Coffee Day shop. Just down the small road is a large cinema complex. Iscon MegaMart is a short walk but unfortunately you have to cross a very busy road to get there.

They have a nice pool. Normally, I wouldn't think of going to the pool in India, but this pool looked very clean and well maintained. They helped me find a car and driver for a weekend in Vadodara. It was also nice and much appreciated that they let me check out very late (3 pm) so that I could keep my luggage in my room until leaving for Vadodara.

The hotel had some rough edges: I asked for a map of the area with restaurant recommendations - they don't have one but offered that I could print Google Maps from the two Apple McIntosh machines in the lobby. The elevator wouldn't recognize my first room key. They quickly replaced the key. The extra side door lock didn't work - engineering quickly fixed it. The fitness room was not attended regularly (on the plus side, all the machines were available). One day all the fitness machines were turned off so I had to call the front desk to get them turned on. I got in the habit of bringing a water bottle to exercise because the fitness room did not stock them consistently - sometimes they were there but other times not. I paid for high-speed internet and it was good 5 out of 6 nights. On the last night and the following morning it was very slow and my movie kept stopping. I then measured it on speedtest.net at 0.25 M instead of the normal 5. My room was quiet 5 out of 6 nights, but the TV noise from the adjoining room disturbed me one night and the following morning.

Room Tip: I was very happy with my odd-numbered room on the ninth floor overlooking the road. It had a great...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Bob,

It was a pleasure to have you with us!

Thank you for sharing your experience, and it is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback. I appreciate your comments and shall take them into consideration.

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward for your next visit and hope it would be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Novotel. Ahmedadabad.
Its a good Hotel to stay. Easy entry and exit through the wide roads.
Staff is good. One lady named Jayshree who is connected to kitchen services made our trip memorable .
She made us an excellent masala tea (herbs tea) at 2.00 am , and we relished it with the hot ganthias (local Gujarati snacks of Ahmedabad ) .
Thank u Madam. Thank u Novotel.

Room Tip: From the seventh floor , clear sky was good to look at.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rajarani2014
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Rajarani,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

It's a pleasure to know that our staff was able to make our stay a memorable one. I take this privilege to Thank Jayshree on your behalf.

We look forward for your next visit with us soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Services in terms of FNB , FO and Sales were at Par.
Minky - lovely smile
Tejeshwar - great checkin experience
Swati- - IRD great services, food choice and delivery of services were more than expected

Perfect hotel would recommend to stay either for business or leisure

Sairam has been very supportive.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank SMeht

Dear SMeht,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It's a pleasure to know that you were satisfied with our services. I take this opportunity to Thank our staff members on your behalf.

We look forward for your next visit with us soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had a very good time at the hotel as the ambiance is really wonderful, its a new property and rooms are very comfortable, staff is very helpful, restaurant food is very tasty...i would come back again and will refer to my all business friends to stay at this hotel...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Ankit,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Glad to know that you liked our services and we look forward for your next visit with us!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I travel to Ahmedabad every 6 months for business meet and always stay at Grand bhagwati hotel which is close to Novotel. Being a frequent user of Novotel at Juhu beach in Mumbai, I booked a conference room at this hotel for a conference with our clients and got back much more than expected. The hotel is brand new with small, compact conference room with great ambiance. I unfortunately did not stay at this hotel as it was my last day when i came here but happened to see the bedrooms which come with an amazing view as compared to other hotels in the city. Already made my mind to stay with the novotel for all my furture visits Food:The quality and taste of all the food items in the menu were great. Special thanks to Manish for all his help during our conference. At a short notice he arranged for notice boards with my company name and a separate place for dining for my guests for dinner. With all the great service i would also like to get this in notice that charges for the use of projector is higher than i have ever seen in any hotel of this country. My overall experience was overwhelming and the last thing I said to a colleague of mine before leaving the hotel is " I'm coming back to Ahmedabad for this place ". With my great experience with this place, I my planning my next few events at Novotel Hotels in few more cities where they have presence. Highly Recommend for every business traveler!!!

Room Tip: Do not take service road facing room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Ppfas,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

It's a pleasure to know that you were satisfied with our services and we surely look forward for your stay with us and experience other facilities too.

In regards to the projector prices, we shall surely take your feedback into consideration.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I travel to Ahmedabad atleast twice every 3 months and always stay at Grand bhagwati hotel which is close to Novotel. Being a frequent user of Novotel at Juhu beach, I booked a conference room at this hotel for a conference with our clients and got back much more than expected. The hotel is brand new with small, compact conference room with great ambiance. I unfortunately did not stay at this hotel as it was my last day when i came here but happened to see the bedrooms which come with an amazing view as compared to other hotels in the city. Already made my mind to stay with the novotel for all my furture visits

Food:The quality and taste of all the food items in the menu were great. Special thanks to Manish for all his help during our conference. At a short notice he arranged for notice boards with my company name and a separate place for dinner after I told him how I need to split my clients in two groups during dinner.

Highly Recommend for every business traveler!!!

1  Thank ashishshah234
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Ashish,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.