“An old heritage in Ahmadabad”
Review of Cama Hotel

Cama Hotel
Ranked #35 of 161 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Durgapur, India
“An old heritage in Ahmadabad”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

In the last week I had been to Ahmadabad for a business trip, & this time my sojourn was in Hotel CAMA, I have deliberately chosen to stay on the old Ahmadabad side, because I wanted to feel the vibrant pulse of the city. And I got it.The hotel is in a good location, apparently OK, but i felt some restoration work is due here.The food side is good but not excellent, in comparison to fortune landmark, Mariot, or La meridian it losses its luster. It is clean, Comfortable, Having an excellent gym, where i met Mr. Joshi the General Manager accidentally.The plus side of this hotel is its human resources, they are great, friendly, excellent.I have stayed in many hotels in India & abroad,but rarely felt such friendly ambiance with tradition.I have seen one old man with a bentley ( Mr Cama ?) standing in the lobby.The hotel is a pride heritage piece like him.We should maintain it.
The minus side is, this hotel does not have any toilet shower, if you are not comfortable with TPaper, ask for a mug.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New Hampshire
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband and I spent 4 days at the Cama in Ahmedabad last week, and thoroughly enjoyed the delicious buffet breakfasts and fabulous service. From the doorman to the general manager Mr. Joshi, all staff were helpful, kind, and quite accommodating. At the end of each day, we always felt like we were coming home when we returned to the hotel. Our room looked out over the river, and was a quiet respite from the hectic city. Another plus: the Cama is one of the few places in Ahmedabad where tourists can purchase a liquor permit (as well as liquor!), which was very convenient. No complaints, only compliments for this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river, which will be quieter as well as more picturesque. Also, ask for on...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TraveLover4ever
Hartford,CT
Reviewed October 20, 2011

As two women traveling alone we found the general manager and most staff members very mindful of our safety. We were given a non-smoking room that was very spacious, bathroom was well upgraded and the A/C functioned wonderfully as we were visiting during a time when the city was experiencing some of the highest temps it has ever seen in the month of October. The Silver Leaf restaurant serves a great veggie club sandwich and the service was very friendly. A great breakfast spread at the La Vista made it a convenient stay!

The check in and check out process was challenging as the staff members seem to be new when dealing with bookings through hotels.com. However, we were able to provide this feedback to management. Overall the property needs some upgrading which is underway and we look forward to visiting again in the near future and recommending the property to family & friends.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the floor and those facing the river are quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lurap
Delhi
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Check in staff is inefficient. Service and food is Ok. Rooms are large. Overall reasonable experience

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Freqtravdel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My wife and I chose to stay at the Cama because it was close to the airport and was recommended by several family members. We were not disappointed. The rooms are large and luxurious. The quality of the bedding and furniture is top-notch. We were also highly appreciative of the front-desk person, who quickly checked us into the our room and arrange for a relatively inexpensive car (350 Rupees) to pick us up at 4 am and take use to the airport. Overall, a great experience and we were very satisfied.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed November 19, 2010

When i visited this hotel i found very incredible staff and great looking atmospere. Staff is so good that i feel this is like my second home. Not to even think about what to do next.

My experience with this hotel is really great as per my point of view because it provided me class level of comfort and homely atmospere.

Location of hotel is such good that easy find out and reach there. JUST AMAZING

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Although wifi is expensive there and the rooms are a bit shabby - especially when compared to the standards of the lobby and backyard - I would recommend Cama Hotel. The beds are comfortable, there is a gym, the breakfast is good and you maybe able to negotiate the rate. More importantly the reception staff was very helpful when I got stranded in Ahmedabad (I didn't pass my train wait-list). They really tried their best to find me a way to reach my destination and must have called 15 bus and car service companies to help me. They found a bus and drove me to it. Very much appreciated!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business