“Could have been better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Timpani

Timpani
Ranked #53 of 3,556 Restaurants in Ahmedabad
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
India
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We planned for a team dinner at the newly opened Radisson Blu in Ahmedabad. I, in particular, was looking forward to it as I had some very good memories of The GKF in their Pune property. The GKF in Ahmedabad had not been opened then. So Timpani it was for us. We went for the buffet. The ambience is very nice and warm. I looked forward to an evening of great conversation and fine food. While the soups were decent, I liked their dahi-vada very much. They had a live tawa counter that offered chicken and fish. When served on the plate I could not distinguish one from the other, regrettably so was the experience after tasting them. Quickly moved on to the main course, where most of the Indian non vegetarian fare was found to be mildly spiced and very less salt. The saving grace of the evening was their awesome chocolate almond brownie with chocolate sauce. I only wish the chefs at Timpani didn't give a continental touch to Indian food.

• Visited December 2012