“Impeccable Indian service”

Ranked #8 of 157 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Warsaw, Poland
“Impeccable Indian service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I recently spent 5 days at the Hyatt Ahmedabad. The hotel is excellently maintained, clean and well designed. Very attractive and well-designed Indian restaurant for breakfast/lunch/dinner and a very good Thai restaurant next to it. The hotel is almost boutique style, which is one of its attractions. The staff could not have been more friendly and attentive. It was enough to just raise your eyes and a waiter (waiters!) would come running. The food was excellent. One thing I did not try was the non-alcoholic wine..Unfortunately Gujarat is a dry state...I did try the non-alcoholic beer...but I suggest you stay with the delicious mango or salted lassi. The service in general was excellent, although it is a bit slow in the cafe on the ground floor. But Lakshmi was very friendly so made up for the sometimes slow service! There is a great 23 meter swimming pool, ideal for laps, which is normally deserted so I spent a lot of time there. The front-office staff were excellent and also very friendly. You can have alcohol in your room if you are a foreigner, but only if you bring it with you. But if you have anything in your bags the hotel will take it from you until you get an alcohol permit. Quite a simple thing, but a little bit bureaucratic, but the hotel staff will tell you exaclty what you have to do. The rooms were very comfortable, and I do not understand one of the reviewers who siad the rooms were small and this was "not the usual Hyatt standard". I absolutely disagree.The only negative things in the hotel was the extremely slow WIFI (which the hotel really should do something about) and the lack of any outside sitting area, except for a few tables next to the cafe. It is also very cold in the rooms but I couldn't work out how to turn down the air conditioning. I was also charged a slightly higher rate than had been confirmed in my reservation, but only a few Euros more. I only noticed this when I had checked out. But in general an excellent hotel and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Ahmedabad. Next to the hotel is a big shopping mall and on the top floor a Gujarati "bazaar". Mostly kitch crap but there is a Kashmiri shop selling quite nice paper mache nick-nacks, which is worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, General Manager at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this review, March 28, 2014

Greetings!
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted to know that you found the hotel impressive and the team to be courteous.

On behalf of Hyatt Ahmedabad, I thank you for your feedback and it is a great privilege to serve you by our caring and compassionate associates.

Girish Ganeshan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Hyatt has a good location (very near to one of the new malls in Ahmadabad). My stay was a little bumpy as the hotel was too crowded with wedding guests :)

But the food is very good and the rooms are very comfortable / very nice ambiance. For a business stay, this is a must stay hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, General Manager at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hyatt Ahmedabad!

Vadodara, India
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had excellent service and food in the restaurant. Servers were very friendly and provided excellent service. Chefs were coming to the table and preparing/providing food as per our request. Some members of our team had buffet and servers brought appetizers of our choice to the table!
They also informed of upcoming Mexican Theme and food!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Manager Marketing Communication at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this review, March 13, 2014

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hyatt Ahmedabad, Alphaone Mall, Vastrapur Lake. The best hotel at The best Location with The best property, and above all with the best services. This was my second stay here, and I think they have trained themselves and are aware of every single instance and quality of service counts in their guest's mind to make them revisit their hotel.

Again Good points:

*Location, if you luckily get lake view room, it will make your evening more beautiful.
*The Property, well managed, clean and Tidy
*Escort till Reception and then till room, makes you feel special
*Reception guys were aware of visit and had everything ready for me to just to make a signature, it hardly took 30 second and I was done.
*I got the Lake view room as requested, and would thank them for the same
*Spacious room clean, and with all the corners of the room accessible on finger tip
*Was given a huge Rose Bouquet, it really made me feel more special
*Inroom dining again no match of the quality of food they serve, really wow.
*Swimming Pool was Clean, and the water was warm due to sun heat hence could enjoy it even at low temperature of the Winter Morning.
*Again Breakfast was delicious, I really enjoyed it.

In total, if I leave aside few mistakes of Inroom Dining This hotel and its services are just excellent. They deliver the services worth every penny you pay and sometimes more then that.

Room Tip: Lake view Rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank onlynaval
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, General Manager at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this review, March 7, 2014

Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a lovely hotel - and you can tell they have put out all the stops to make it a beautiful experience.

The rooms are lovely and the food is excellent.

The location is opposite the One Mall which is fantastic for upmarket spending.

I'd definitely stay here again - and if you need a car make sure you use the concierge service - as the quality is excellent - although a bit pricey - you know what you get.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Manager Marketing Communication at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this review, March 3, 2014

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The property is located about 10-12 KM from the Airport, which may take about 45 minutes in a taxi. The hotel is just stone's throw away the biggest shopping mall "Alpha One". The overall ambiance inside the hotel is quite classy and good. Though the room was quite smaller, or at-least the standard type allocated to me. My room had the view of the mall, and was good. Also, the bathroom I would have expected a bit bigger. I noticed a decent space was allocated to the clothes wardrobe, which could have been ideally better optimized for room area. But, the amenities in room were good, and modern touch. The breakfast had a large variety of food to select, and the taste was nice. The entire staff was courteous and smiling. The property definitely will suite business travelers.

Room Tip: I liked the room facing the mall entrance, making the window lively!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Manager Marketing Communication at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this review, February 24, 2014

Greetings!

On behalf of Hyatt Ahmedabad, I thank you again for your feedback and it is a great privilege to serve you by our caring and compassionate associates.

Manager Marketing Communication
Faridabad, India
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed in Hyatt Ahmedabad from 7-10 February 2014. Though the location is good with one side of room having the view of mall opposite to it and the city view, the other side has the vastrapur lake view.
But the overall property doesn't match to Hyatt standards. I stayed in Room 1701 and it is too small. Whenever anyone opens the room opposite to me, i can hear it so no sound proofing at all i think in the rooms.
Though the room has all basic amenities, but then paying room rent equivalent to Hyatt and encountering rooms and overall property like a 4 star hotel doesn't match up.
Also the hotel has just 2 restaurants while one is a Chinese restaurant the other is a continental restaurant which is also for the breakfast.
The service standards of housekeeping are not good. You call them and they will be at your room at their own whims and fancies. Most of my housekeeping requests are answered in a time frame of 15-30 minutes which is not good as per hyatt standards.
Though would recommend service standards of Front office, Cafe staff and people serving at Continental and Chinese Restaurant. Don't remember the name but was happy with the good attitude towards customer and service quality of a sikh guy serving in Continental Restaurant during dinner time.
The overall experience is not that good as it should be.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jainami
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, General Manager at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this review, February 16, 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for your recent experience at Hyatt Ahmedabad. On behalf of Hyatt Ahmedabad, I sincerely apologize for the experience that you have received.

We assure that the whole details of your comments will be looked at with great sense of urgency and appropriate measures shall be taken to improve the services.

My name is Girish Ganeshan and my contact number is 9537128282.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you again at our hotel and with deep humility, We shall look after you and your family.