“Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad
Ranked #35 of 160 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was travelling on business with 3 other members and everyone had very good experience with the hotel. The staff are all very friendly and patient. They never failed to attend to our request. The rooms are pretty spacious. Overall, no complains and good job.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and that you liked our the hotel, spacious rooms & the team members, we are pleased that your stay has exceeded your expectations.

However I am happy that our team were responsive and you loved our staff who took utmost care of you. We look forward to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad Ashram Road and looking forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great executive service are in hotel. And good hospitalities . Greater rooms . Food was excellent.
Good behavior of staff anolng with security staff also. Great location . Good parking facility.
Improve some rooms for meeting . That helps to get more company to be held meeting.

• Stayed: May 2014
HolidayInnExpressamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad you had an excellent time at our hotel. It makes me feel really proud, and I can assure you that your words will motivate our team to aim even higher in our efforts to delight our guests.

We look forward to your next visit and ensure every time you visit us you will have a better experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had a really good time at the Holiday inn express Ahmedabad. From Check in to the comfort of the room , everything was upto the mark. Being a regular traveller i would definitely consider this hotel for my next visit to Ahmedabad.

Room Tip: Comfortable Airy and spacious Rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments in regards to the check - in experience and comfortable rooms. We are pleased that your stay has exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, Ashram Road and stay smart with us for your next visit.

Express Manager, Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad Ashram Road

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was traveling solo. Your front desk is quite helpful n attentive to my needs, they definatily go out of their way to help you.It has been a good experince. I had also the chance to see the hotel, I can say the about the cleanniness which needs a little attention.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HolidayInnExpressamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation of our hotel in regards to the friendly and attentive staff. We are glad you had a good experience during your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via Tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. I would like to thank you for providing your feedback I have taken note and wish to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night before flying out early to Mumbai. It's not far from the airport and was a welcome respite after pretty average accommodation for my week staying at a Sports Club in Ahmedabad that had been booked by business contacts. Small rooms but well appointed and very comfortable. Lovely shower and bathroom . Nice buffet breakfast and great service from all staff I encountered. Overall a good stay and was needed !!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad you had an excellent time and a great overall experience at our hotel. It makes me feel really proud, and I can assure you that your words will motivate our team to aim even higher in our efforts to delight our guests.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I frequently travel to Ahmedabad and have stayed at quite a few hotels but this hotel really stands apart. The major reason is the staff who are extremely helpful and go out of their way to help. The rooms are nice and spacious with neatly done decor, they have all the amenities for a traveler like me who needs a sound sleep with good hygiene.

Only drawback was the variety at the Breakfast which definitely needs more items compared to other hotels, Also no Buffet Dinner available which is a must for business traveler to save on time

Wifi is just great, overall a great hotel with excellent rooms and some good people will definitely prompt me to come back to this hotel when i travel to Ahmedabad again

Keep up the good work Team Holiday Inn !!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

In regards to the breakfast we are re-looking into the number of options and the buffet will be available at Asia Kitchen restaurant so you can experience the difference during your next visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Having stayed extensively at the IHG group of hotels world over, I had no hesitation booking this one while planning a trip to Ahmedabad with the family. However, I was very disappointed with this property.
The rooms are very small and crammed up. Only Queen beds in this Hotel, hence the beds were small for comfort. The level of housekeeping was not up to IHG standards. The level of workmanship in the washrooms was TERRIBLE to the extent that I changed rooms. I had even decided to check into a different hotel but was persuaded by the staff to stay back. The washrooms have a stain painted glass exterior and you can see a semi-translucent shadow of the person using the shower. Not good if travelling with family as there is no privacy. This is a major design law in all the rooms.
The linen, specially the towels were of poor quality and had a bleach plus detergent stink which was not acceptable.
The breakfast was of poor quality. We requested Cheese Omelet's, which arrived cold and we had to actually search for cheese inside! No oats in stock and no oats porridge or any other porridge. Moreover, No banana's on Day 2 and even out of stock in the Kitchen! Also, no Hot Chocolate and No Bournvita at breakfast. We were told it was not available even if paid for! The breakfast spread was very limited and not up to the mark when compared to other Holiday Inn Express hotels elsewhere.
On a positive note, the courteousness and attitude of the staff makes up for the flaws and shortcomings that the hotel has. I shared my comments with the front desk before I left and they are well aware of the many improvements that the hotel needs desperately.
Basically, very disappointed with this stay and do not think I will get back here again on my next visits to Ahmedabad.

Room Tip: See the rooms before checking in. Few rooms are smaller than the others and some rooms have terrible...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

service continually. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.