“Liked it”

Ranked #129 of 157 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Duliajan
“Liked it”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed for a few days. Good place to stay. Food seems to be ok. Breakfast needs to be a bit more available choices. The staff are courteous. location is not prime. My room offered a splendid view of the sabarmati river. viewed the news moon over the sabarmati river from the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for your recent stay at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your positive comments are much appreciated. We have noted the concerns and will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

gmapo@sarovarhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Location: Terrible... next to a slum where they play music all night long
Room: Very ordinary... the drainage in the washroom gets clogged and then water is all over. The basins are not fixed properly so they rattle.
Restaurant: Very ordinary fare
Service: The staff looks as if they were either disinterested or uncaring

Room Tip: Avoid this place unless your co. is looking to save a lot of money on stay options. Pricing is the o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ArnabPal
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Sarovar Portico, Ahmedabad!!

On the Outset, I thank you for choosing Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad as your preferred choice of hotels during your recent visit in Ahmedabad.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for leaving your valuable comments behind thereby showing us our areas of improvement.

Whilst in no words can I express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us, I have shared your comments with the concerned head of departments and all corrective measures have been taken and systems put in place to ensure that such issues of similar nature do not reoccur.

Sir, I request you to kindly take this incident as a one off case which for sure is not the reflection of the usually high standards of services which are followed by us at Sarovar’s and hope the same should not stop you from coming back and staying with us.

I welcome you to route your reservation request through my office directly which will allow me to pass all V.I.P courtesies with care and also give me an opportunity to meet up with you in person.

gmapo@sarovarhotels.com

Travelers are raving about these Ahmedabad hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days. I must say that I liked the look of things when I entered the hotel. The reception team was very warm and cordial. The room was very nice and was really nicely done. It gave a very premium feel. Food from room service was pretty good but I have a complaint that they don't have all the items that they mention in the menu which was pretty disappointing. Complementary breakfast was pretty good and I liked it especially their pancakes which were really good. They have a very big lawn too where you could go for a stroll in the evening or in the morning. On the downside they had only one old fashioned lift which was pretty slow and as I stayed on the fourth floor it was pretty annoying.

All in all a very good experience and worth recommending to others

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ArupSarkar
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, September 6, 2013

goa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed in room 505, and the room was stinking like anybody can faint in 15 mins. I felt dizzy in those terrible rooms.
Changed to another room, was also similar. The rooms are not maintained well, windows are locked hence cannot open and you have to stay with terrible smell.
Breakfast was good
Overall average hotel, considering the brand value

Room Tip: You may look the roo, s before selection
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am personally dismayed to know of the incident which affected your pleasant stay at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.

Your positive comments about breakfast are much appreciated. We have noted the concern and will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost a month in the month of June '13 , had some Business commitments to take care of ., and was Really impressed with the way Front desk was managed and took care of my immediate needs and were quite thorough and very professional in ensuring my ease and level of comfort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Parimal,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed August 17, 2013

In my first review of hotel Sarovar portico Ahmedabad, I shared some of my bad experiences. But I did not stop visiting that hotel and wanted to check if my review here has made any impression on the staff of the hotel to improve.

I was pleasantly surprised to notice the changes when I visited again. The front office staff was very warm and pleasant, rooms were better maintained and services were improved.

I would like to give this credit to one of the Front office Manager there. Whatever complaints I had earlier, I could not complain about them again as I did not see them.

Well done Trip Advisor and Hotel Sarovar Portico. A professional way of understanding the customers review and an immediate action to remove all the complaints.

I have against started going the this hotel and I appreciate the services there !! :-)

Room Tip: You could choose a room whose windows opens to the river side and gives a very nice view of the rive...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Jatin,

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kolkata
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Good experience, for the third time. Nice comfortable bed, good food, good stuff, Amazing view of the rever, good location just in front of the Savarmati Rever, all was fairly nice. We will certainly stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel hospitality and facilities, and hope to serve you again soon.