“My experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #125 of 154 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Guwahati, India
“My experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

The entire stay was fascinating. I specially like people in the reception and more specially the entire staff at the restaurant . They were very polite and treated us as if we were their real guests. They did not mind cooking extra dishes to our taste. The food was really good and tasty. The dining hall is placed at a lovely place. You have full view of the river as well as the lovely garden below the hotel.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 17, 2012

Greetings for the day!!

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

gmapo@sarovarhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days during the Navratra prep days; and this was a decent experience.

1. Room: It was a large room. I mean really large. However, given that this was a business trip, the presence of a business table would have been nice.

2. Food: The quality was good (both buffet and Room service) and I liked the typical Ahd food that I did try here

3. Service: very helpful people. Always serving with a smile on their face!

All in all, was a good experience and wouldn't mind staying here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 15, 2012

Greetings for the day!!

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have taken a note of your comment regarding a business table, will address and rectify the issue highlighted.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Dear All ,

I am an Area Engineer in a MNC , So 10-15 days I stay in Ahmedabad , I always stay in Royal Orchid & Hotel Riverview , but this time on 6,7,8 of October I choose Sarovar Portico for my night Stay,

What I found is

1. Non cooperative Hotel Staff ( Specially Front office Manager )

2. No fresh Dinner available , one day old Food was served to me on 8th of October, When I raised the Question , They just take it back So i went to a nearest hotel at 10 pm , Even though When I check out the amount of that Food was included in my Bill.

3. Door lock is always having some defect in its operation , all the 3 nights I have call some Housekeeping person to open my Door with key which they have given me.

4. Commitment is what they don't know, even though one of there Manager commit me that we will give back you 200rs of Breakfast which they have taken from me on my first day , but at the time of billing he was absent so another manager told me I don't know who was he ?

Shame to the Management of the hotel, First Impression is last impression , now onwards I will never stay in there Ahmedabad hotel ,

Ramesh Bhartari
Area Engineer
Gujarat

3 Thank bhartari89
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Sarovar Portico, Ahmedabad!!

On the Outset, I thank you for choosing Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad as your preferred choice of hotels during your recent visit in Ahmedabad.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for leaving your valuable comments behind thereby showing us our areas of improvement.

Whilst in no words can I express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us, I have shared your comments with the concerned head of departments and all corrective measures have been taken and systems put in place to ensure that such issues of similar nature do not reoccur.

Sir, I request you to kindly take this incident as a one off case which for sure is not the reflection of the usually high standards of services which are followed by us at Sarovar’s and hope the same should not stop you from coming back and staying with us.

I welcome you to route your reservation request through my office directly which will allow me to pass all V.I.P courtesies with care and also give me an opportunity to meet up with you in person.

With every good wish

gmapo@sarovarhotels.com

Travelers are raving about these Ahmedabad hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had been sarovar properties several places 'cos of the business tieups .. Indore - My exp was great !!

I asked for the dental kit with shaving kit .. Goshh hell !! entire day suffered from the rashes in entire neck which arised 'cos of poor and extremely local quality blade razor ..

In local language we call this as " chindi " - aquafina is complimentary and kinley - chargeable which is kept in room .. when it is HOT and humid anybody would prefer cold water ..

Hotel staff attitude was like : aap kyon aaye .. Best part - food was NOT that gr8 but the exec chef was a good task master and was prowess to speak , take feedback and genuininely profeesional in his approach..

Overall exp - BIG shock when i compared same group property elsewhere in country ..

Will NOt stay there in my next visit to Ahmedabad !!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 8, 2012

Greetings for the day!!

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.

I am personally disheartened to know of the incidents which affected your pleasant stay at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad. We will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

It was a great pleasure to stay at Sarovar. I found that place is very peaceful n very good to stay. One thing i would like to highlight is that your htel should be Wi-Fi enabled as now a days it is very common facility which is provided at no additional cost.

Rest of the experience was great.

Regards
Roopam Bansal

Greetings for the day!!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have taken a note of your comment regarding the Wi-Fi access, will address and rectify the issue highlighted.

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

mumbai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

A 167 sq ft Standard room it says , the overall design of the room is such that you dont have even 20 sqft of space to move around. Imagine the tea coffee maker in the room is kept at a height of 5ft and the regular furniture of the room taking away all the space double occupancy in the rooms would be a nightmare. though the price for the rooms are justified to the location and the overall decor and neatness, the hotel falls short in terms that it neither fits into the star category nor the budget type.

The overall food is a nighmare. There was a sizzler theme for dinner and I was coxed into having one even though i told the chef i like to have light dinners. The sizzling plate brought before had 2 bun sized deep fried cutlets, about 6 pieces of 1/2 inch thick potato fingers, buttered rice and greasy vegetables. A whole of 3000 calories .hardly palatable. Even the desert which was pineppale halwa, was a thick white paste with no pineppale flavour.Similarly the breakfast spread is just about ok.

Good things about the hotel is the Room service is very efficient and so is the staff. Even though there is a little difficulty in communication, what matters end of the day is that the job gets done. Little break downs were attended and most imp rectified promptly. Over can be classified as a motel. May be will have a look at their superior rooms but definitely not eat here.
Disclaimer. All my food reviews are for that hardened vegetarian or a carnivore who’s willing to forgo the meat for at least one meal

Room Tip: May be dont stay in the standard rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank ravishankarMumbai
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Sarovar Portico, Ahmedabad!!

With every good wish

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Front office staff in Sarovar Portico, Ahmedabad needs training onn handling their guests. Waiting time at Check-in and Check-out is really too much as compared to other Sarovar Hotels in India.

They also need to coordinate while allocating the rooms to their guests which should be away from all types of disturbances. I was tired and extremely unwell and wanted to rest in my room during the day time and their was renovation going on on the room below my room. The noise was so much that I could hardly hear myself. When I complained, it took them 6 hours to stop the activity. They could have proposed another room to me which they did but after the work was stopped.

Room Tip: Specify your needs and double check them. Have lots of patience at the front office while check-in a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, October 2, 2012

Greetings for the day!!

I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which affected your pleasant stay at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad. We will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.