Recently been at the Gateway Ummed and had an experience that was Good and also Bad. Good, as usual the Restaurant Staff were excellent in their hospitality and just by the way we looked at them they would attend and really did all that they could to please us both during the break fast and the dinner times. Room, being an Old Property still seemed ambient as they are maintaining well. The bad experience has been that as we were taking some of our luggage to admit one our Child in College the Reception Staff came running asking if we were checking out and it was a bit of unexpected enquiry that caused embarrassment. Though we expressed we were not and went out and since we were delayed in the admission effort, they again called us to check what is our check out plan. Room Service was too in experienced and we order for two tea they give only one. The House keeping too need to be improved as they give only one soap cake both for bath and hand wash even for double occupancy. Food was good. The real bad one was when I asked for a Complimentary Copy of the Taj Magazine and Coffee Table issue, though the Duty Manager got them for us but the Attendant did not have the Heart to give the Magazine as he gave only one while he retained the other since I forgot to give him his tip which I unusually forgot. But I felt the attitude to be very inhospitable and I think Management should look into this as an individual like this can spoil the whole experience of our stay. We could have picked up the Magazine from the Room but we felt it was not polite but we ended up not getting as after we left the Hotel and reached Airport we realised that we were not given the Magazine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ummed Ahmedabad, located just 1 km from the airport and in close proximity to the government and developing industrial areas makes this location an apt choice. The Ummed Ahmedabad, is an oasis of warmth and soothing surroundings. Splashes of greens and blue welcome you to our elegantly designed, low-rise property spread over four acres of manicured gardens. The location of hotel is well connected to the old and new business districts of Ahmedabad. Gandhinagar, the state government's seat, is also a short 15 minute drive from the hotel. Feel welcomed in one of the 91 rooms and suites along with gives you a choice of indoor and outdoor venues to host your business or social events. The hotel boasts of ease of access, manicured gardens, world class amenities and customized food and beverage services to create the memorable events. Tastefully appointed using suitable tones, styled with custom made teak furniture and convenient amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Ummed Ahmedabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Residency Ummed Ahmedabad
- Taj Residency Ummed Hotel Ahmedabad