This was a corporate, large group stay at the Hotel and the pricing we ended up getting was heavily discounted from the rack-rate. If I were to rate the hotel on the price we paid, this would be five stars perhaps.
The Location is very convenient, barely 10 mins from the airport.
The hotel just has one restaurant - but the food is great if you like Indian food. We not only had dinner/breakfast here but our lunch was catered from the hotel. I have had occasion to eat at their restaurant during my previous trips and the food is always good. The banquet manager takes personal interest in making sure you get the best experience. I have actually not had any Continental / Asian cuisine here though.
Also remember that Gujrat is a prohibition state though. So if you like a tipple with your food - then you are going to be left high and dry.
The staff is extremely courteous and very willing to help - which is the Taj culture. The challenge is that not all of them are fluent in English. So if that's the only language you know, you could have communication challenges with the restaurant staff & facility management staff.
The property is good, though not very modern. It could do with a refresh design - some of the newer rooms in other Taj hotels do tend to break the room into clear work/sleep areas - which is useful. The air conditioning could also do with some maintainence.
The swimming pool is just for the show though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ummed Ahmedabad, located just 1 km from the airport and in close proximity to the government and developing industrial areas makes this location an apt choice. The Ummed Ahmedabad, is an oasis of warmth and soothing surroundings. Splashes of greens and blue welcome you to our elegantly designed, low-rise property spread over four acres of manicured gardens. The location of hotel is well connected to the old and new business districts of Ahmedabad. Gandhinagar, the state government's seat, is also a short 15 minute drive from the hotel. Feel welcomed in one of the 91 rooms and suites along with gives you a choice of indoor and outdoor venues to host your business or social events. The hotel boasts of ease of access, manicured gardens, world class amenities and customized food and beverage services to create the memorable events. Tastefully appointed using suitable tones, styled with custom made teak furniture and convenient amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your The Ummed Ahmedabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Residency Ummed Ahmedabad
- Taj Residency Ummed Hotel Ahmedabad