Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad
Mani Mansion(Ahmedabad)
$59
$46
Agoda.com
All reviewschef ranacitrus grillsabarmati rivercitrus cafe staffriver frontexcellent serviceindoor poolspecial thanksdelicious foodold cityexcellent experiencegreat hospitalitybreakfast and dinnerstar hotelhis teammemorable stayexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Good Breakfast spread, nice beds, ample parking space and quick acess to the city are the many features of this property. It is worth the money you pay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are better and quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have been at this hotel many times. I have mainly visited for business purposes and have been quite satisfied. The staff is very helpful and courteous. The swimming pool is clean and not crowded at all. The restaurant buffet breakfast and dinner are quite average, coffee seems to be the worst part of this hotel.

Room Tip: Take a room on the fifth floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank saurabhm85
Reviewed June 13, 2012

There are many things wrong with this hotel.

At first, it’s not too bad. It feels like an odd, yet functioning version of a Meridien. Just mildly surreal because it doesn’t feel like a Meridien, except for the logo you see everywhere.

Then it gets progressively more annoying. The staff keeps asking you (like every time they see you), how your stay is.

I asked the reception how to make an international call from my room. They said to dial 9, then 0, and then the country code. That doesn’t work. I quickly figured out that it’s 9 and double 0, and then the country code. That works. I informed the reception of their error so they can tell the right thing next time, but they didn’t believe me.

If you get laundry done, they do it quickly. But it comes back in a stapled plastic bag. You have to be careful that the staples don’t end up on the floor, and in your feet.

The taxi service doesn’t work so well. You tell your driver to be there the next morning, and he’s not there. You tell him to come back in the afternoon, and he doesn’t come. The car broke in the middle of the city and I had to get on a rickshaw to get to my next appointment.

It gets more serious. I had all my food in this hotel during my 4-day stay in Ahmedabad. Yes, i know it’s quite odd, but I ate only there, three meals per day, for 4 days. I’d go out, but I’d be back in time for the meals. I only had food there, and I brushed my teeth with bottled water. On my last morning, I got diarrhea after breakfast. It sapped me of energy for the day.

I don’t know how the other hotels in Ahmedabad are, but I would really recommend trying another one than this one. Maybe it’s the best one in the city, I don’t know. But I’d try my luck elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank liukuei
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed at many hotels across India, but my first in Ahmedabad. It's a short 15-20 minute trip from the airport in a quiet, clean part of town.

Nice areas:
Thanks for the welcome drink!
Good clean rooms, although slightly old
Great pizza

Major areas to improve:
-Your taxi booking service was horrible. I would avoid the hotel taxi service at all costs.
They charged me Rs 3000 for 8 hours. This would have been fine, except I couldn't use it for 8 hours. I had a few business meetings, and then wanted to explore the city, except for the fact that my taxi driver couldn't speak any English. So I went back to the hotel 4 hours early wanting (not allowed to cancel my taxi, so I asked him to take me to the airport at least a couple hours later). Driver took me to Terminal 1, even though I repeatedly requested Terminal 2. He promised that both terminals were connected in his broken english, and I missed my flight (FYI terminal two is a short auto drive away).

-Your staff needs some training. One woman who booked my taxi couldn't do simple math and repeatedly warning me about "extra charges" on my taxi booking even though I was going to be well within the 8 hour day. Others had challenges with room service. I will highly compliment one young woman who was clearly on top of it - very sensible she won the employee of the year badge.

Small areas to improve:
-Get rid of your second speed bump - it's excessive, and actually ships passengers around too much the way cabbies drive over them
-Accelerate check-in, shouldn't need me to fill in forms
-Wifi should allow multiple devices instead of logging me out everytime I wanted to switch to my phone or ipad from my computer.
-clean the windows on the outside
-provide an iron and board in the room
-rooms can use a renovation
-stock the snack bar (it was 3/4 empty when I arrived)

I might stay there again for the starwood points, but not sure since there are other nice hotels in the area

Room Tip: river side rooms are ok above the Nehru bridge. River looks a little weak, but nice way to see the city.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hvnair
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Had a short one night stay here. The hotel is very ornate looking. The rooms are fairly normal in decor and are clean and comfortable. Had a room overlooking the river which was kinda nice in the morning. The slums have been cleaned up and are no longer there.

Check in was a breeze though I find it a bit odd that they seem a little unprepared at times. Not specific to this hotel...I have noticed it across multiple hotels across India. I am a SPG gold member, you have my number on the reservation, and the relevant info associated with the account. So why do you keep asking me for my email, phone number and billing address every time? And why do I have to keep telling you its in my SPG account...once I tell them that, they then just pull it up. Not sure why anyone would think I would want to show up to my hotel and then fill out a form to check in. Check in really needs to be more streamlined at hotels across India....such a waste of time.

Was a little disappointed there was no welcome amenity in my room (makes me sound entitled, I know.....but I guess that other Meridiens have spoiled me) especially since I was really hungry. Other ones have always without fail provided fruit platters, cheese platters, bottles of wine etc so it was kinda disappointing to not have anything but it was a short stay so forget about it.

Breakfast was included in the rate and had decent options. However, service was far from attentive was in stark contrast to all the other Meridiens and where it loses a point in my review. Water was never provided, no one ever came by to offer tea/coffee and food wasnt restocked. The croissants plate was empty and only refilled when I asked them to, and then were never offered. Pretty poor service wise, but the food was good with plenty of options both continental and Indian.

Wifi connectivity in the hotel is good, but the login process is abysmal. You literally have to call down to the front desk to tell them you want internet. Then 5 minutes later someone shows up to your room with a piece of paper containing a user name and password. I mean what is this...2002? Time to upgrade your login procedures. And while you are at it, this is 2012 and people have multiple devices that need to be connected. Allow it.

Rickshaws are available outside the hotel in plenty. A pre paid cab from the airport to the hotel costs about Rs 300. On the whole this is a good hotel and the pricing per night was fairly reasonable. Now if they would just jump over to this century, this would undoubtedly be my hotel of choice in Ahmedabad.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the river
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo