Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad
Priceline
$43
$35
HIExpress.com
The House of MG(Ahmedabad)
$71
Cama Hotel(Ahmedabad)
$26
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewschef ranacitrus grillsabarmati rivercitrus cafe staffriver frontexcellent serviceindoor poolspecial thanksdelicious foodold cityexcellent experiencegreat hospitalitybreakfast and dinnerstar hotelhis teammemorable stayexcellent hotel
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Had a short one night stay here. The hotel is very ornate looking. The rooms are fairly normal in decor and are clean and comfortable. Had a room overlooking the river which was kinda nice in the morning. The slums have been cleaned up and are no longer there.

Check in was a breeze though I find it a bit odd that they seem a little unprepared at times. Not specific to this hotel...I have noticed it across multiple hotels across India. I am a SPG gold member, you have my number on the reservation, and the relevant info associated with the account. So why do you keep asking me for my email, phone number and billing address every time? And why do I have to keep telling you its in my SPG account...once I tell them that, they then just pull it up. Not sure why anyone would think I would want to show up to my hotel and then fill out a form to check in. Check in really needs to be more streamlined at hotels across India....such a waste of time.

Was a little disappointed there was no welcome amenity in my room (makes me sound entitled, I know.....but I guess that other Meridiens have spoiled me) especially since I was really hungry. Other ones have always without fail provided fruit platters, cheese platters, bottles of wine etc so it was kinda disappointing to not have anything but it was a short stay so forget about it.

Breakfast was included in the rate and had decent options. However, service was far from attentive was in stark contrast to all the other Meridiens and where it loses a point in my review. Water was never provided, no one ever came by to offer tea/coffee and food wasnt restocked. The croissants plate was empty and only refilled when I asked them to, and then were never offered. Pretty poor service wise, but the food was good with plenty of options both continental and Indian.

Wifi connectivity in the hotel is good, but the login process is abysmal. You literally have to call down to the front desk to tell them you want internet. Then 5 minutes later someone shows up to your room with a piece of paper containing a user name and password. I mean what is this...2002? Time to upgrade your login procedures. And while you are at it, this is 2012 and people have multiple devices that need to be connected. Allow it.

Rickshaws are available outside the hotel in plenty. A pre paid cab from the airport to the hotel costs about Rs 300. On the whole this is a good hotel and the pricing per night was fairly reasonable. Now if they would just jump over to this century, this would undoubtedly be my hotel of choice in Ahmedabad.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the river
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sandyjb83
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 5 times now and its quite a nice hotel.

The rooms are modern and comfortable. Some of the rooms I have stayed in smell a little damp, but not too bad.

Food is good, not a huge range but tasty.

Staff are very friendly.

The lady who does the massages is amazing, by far the best all over body massage I have ever had. Make sure you get one, she is surprisingly strong!

There is a nice view of the river from the bedroom window. A small gym and an indoor pool.

Ahmedabad is 'dry' so don't expect a chilled glass of vino with dinner.

Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
11  Thank Hellyb123red
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed at the hotel recently after a gap of about 3 years.
Good thing that I felt this time-The area just directly at the river view side of the hotel is cleaned up and slums that used to exist here are gone. Now coming to negatives -the list is long. I feel that the hotel is not able to compete to the new 5 star properties that have come up in Ahmedabad like Marriott...The overall quality of staff is not upto 5 star level..I found the zeal to solve customer problems missing..The choices and options for breakfast are too few compared to other hotels of similar class..The transport charges if car is arranged by hotel is too steep for comfort. I feel that a renewal of infra at this hotel is overdue ..Not recomended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank sam s
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed one night at Le Meridien-Ahmadabad. It looks old and that's part of the charm. The room that I was upgraded in was clean and quite comfortable. It had a view of the river, which was nice at night, but is not what you'd expect in the daylight. There is a small garden behind the hotel in which I ran around before the gym opened. The gym hours are too short and not that flexible. The price for the night was pretty good and I was given further discounts on other expenses. Must be the low season.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank betamax12345
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The hotel is excellent but entrance is very cozy.... But food is ultimate testy..... Breakfast spread is superb !!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business