“A Romantic Place”

Souq - The Restaurant
Ranked #974 of 3,669 Restaurants in Ahmedabad
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is an excellent restaurant serving Persian, Lebanese & Moroccan Food. This is listed in BURP and also an awarded twice restaurant featured in Times Food Guide for Best Mediterranean FoodAhmedabad is known for foodies. For Ahmedabadis good food is a celebration. Be it Indian cuisines or the import flavours of Chinese, Italian or Mexican. But there was always a missing venue serving delicacies from mesmerizing Middle East and mouth watering Mediterranean. Souq -The Restaurant - fills up this missing piece of good food experience. The theme based and award winning restaurant serving Persian, Lebanese and Moroccan cuisine which is famous for its mezze like Hummus, Falafels, Shawarmas, Chello Kebab and Moroccan Tagines. The re-launched menu offers wide range of authentic cuisine from the Mediterranean. The unique experience of different food, sounds of Arabia and spectacular ambience is just inevitable.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had I been much much younger & courting, I would have taken my girlfriend for a cosy dinner in this cute, crowded, cramped place which is so romantic. I am reminded of many European cafes & bistros where you cannot help but overhear young lovers coo-cooing.
Souq serves Meditteranian, Lebanese, Morroccan, middle-eastern food. The food is tasty. Service is prompt to a fault so that you cannot overstay to extend the romance.
Prices looked a bit on the high side until our bill for six of us came and was a sweet surprise, result of sharing (and caring). But if you were just two of you, it could punch a neat hole to your pocket.
The roadside approach is rather dirty & uneven and even if the curb belongs to corporation, it would serve the restaurant well to spruce things up so that senior citizens and the physically handicapped walk up comfortably.

1  Thank gautamahmedabad

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The restaurant is known for its middle-eastern food esp. for fallafal and hummus. I had some manakeesh, and it was delicious. Some of the food that we had was really spicy, but you can always ask them to turn down the spices :-). I would also highly recommend to order a mocktail "Virgin Mojito". It was one of the best mocktails I've ever had!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We've lived and traveled a lot in the Middle East, so we do realise that dishes have been tweaked for the Ahmedabad palate, but we still quite like this place. Their specials like the tamarind fish are excellent.

2  Thank Karishma-Kim
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Everytime I visit Ahmedabad I make sure I visit this place. A really cool place.. nice environment.. awesome yummy tasty food.. I wasn't actually expecting such a place in Ahmedabad.. I was really surprised when I visited this and found this far far above my expectations. Try anything from their menu and you will love it. Must try Morrocan Shawarma, Falafel pocket, Souq kebab sizzler :D

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This would be my 5th visit to Souq, since my first visit I am in love with the food.
The food is a welcome break from the Dhokla and Fafda that is around.
The food is pretty authentic tasting, the Falafel could and should be slightly more bland.
The salads and mocktails are very nice.
All in all a place to return to every time I visit Ahmedabad